City Holding

www.cityholding.com

City Holding Reviews

Not yet rated.

City Holding President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, City National Bank Skip Hageboeck

Skip Hageboeck

Love it here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat place to work. Everyone absolutely loves being a part of this organization. Really a happy place.

ConsI don't feel like they pay well enough for some of their more talented and knowledgeable people. Retaining top talent takes some money.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize roadblocks and promote your hard working individuals. Challenge every department and cross train employees more so they can be self reliant

There are better places to take your career....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsPaycheck. The job provides a paycheck, and sometimes the work is interesting. The people who work there are a nice group, but if you are really driven to advance your career, learn and get better at your craft (be it customer service, marketing, finance), this is NOT the place.

ConsWorking at City National, every one seems to have a job, as opposed to a career. And it shows in the amount of effort people make, the high turnover, and frankly, the morale. Financially, the Las Vegas market is not doing well, so don't expect bonuses, and I believe the last round of raises was 2% on average.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward people for doing things the right way, and stop acting like you are doing people a favor since you didn't lay them off. Give your people opportunities, because they will get them one way or another, it just means they'll leave, and the institutional knowledge they've accumulated will go with them.

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCompany pays good and great comradery.

ConsThe bank is behind on technology

Advice to Senior ManagementPick up on technology

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company but like anywhere you work, just hope and pray that you work for a manger who knows what he's doing!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe downtown location is great if you take public transportation because the company will subsidize it. There are tons of restaurants and decent bars within walking distance. It's located in the heart of the Financial District so on the streets you walk amongst other professionals and maybe the occasional bums but that is rare.

The overall morale is high and the people here are generally happy. I sense a lot of company pride and spirit. Also, there is no denying that we have very intelligent colleagues. They have years and years of experience to back it up but there are no egos here. In fact, the camaraderie amongst the colleagues is really good and this is at all levels of the bank. Now, that's saying something!

ConsAs with any mid-sized and large companies, there is always the proverbial political red tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to second guess senior level managers as they are not all as competent as they seem. There's an enormous talent pool but unfortunately, a few of the bad ones are starting to make some splashes.

Decent job but not where I'd want to stay

Customer Service (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

Prosgreat pay, 2 weeks paid classroom training (easiest 80 hours of work ever)

ConsI NEVER met my supervisor. couldn't tell you if they were a man or a woman- the name didnt give it away.

Advice to Senior Managementmeet your employees.

Lied to me during recruiting process

Teller (Former Employee) Mentor, OH

Prosgetting paid. Really other than that, nothing.

Consno room for advancement. Managers got hired from the outside

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with recruiters to tell truth about opportunities for advancement. Stop hiring outside for branch managers.

Need to have executive support. Do not go in with out a SV or greater

Vice President (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsGood service, smart colleagues, management changes every 2 years so you get to start over.

ConsNeed executive support to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not emulate the big bank management style and remember service ethic to grow the bank organically.

Easy place to work

Associate (Former Employee)

Prosgood salary and benefits package

Consmy location was downtown & the commute was hard.

Advice to Senior Managementthanks for the opportunity

Cutthroat

Credit Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsAggresive Bank. Growing. Good reputation

ConsManagement not great.....no compassion. Very results oriented, make you work very hard

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your workers more.

National City bank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a job and it paid the bills. Some nice perks with health insurance and other paid benefits. 401k was good.

Consmany of the people are idiots. treat employees badly. Almost no raises. Expect you to always do more than you can.

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your employees and work on employee turnover. Care more about the customer so that turnover is not bad there either.

Worked for City Holding? Contribute to the Community!