City Of Concord, California

Be The First To
Add Photos

William D. Shinn

Best Part Time Job

Recreation Specialist (Current Employee)
Concord, CA

I have been working at City Of Concord, California part-time for less than a year

ProsYou have the opportunity to bring positives changes to underprivileged students' lives.

ConsNone available. Great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide opportunities to turn this job into a full time position.

Nice place to work with good people

Counselor (Former Employee)
South Lake Tahoe, CA

I worked at City Of Concord, California

ProsIn tahoe, outdoors most of the time with good people, fun activities, working with kids, food and lodging included, close to town

Conslong hours, many expectations, lots of cleaning, dusty, not a lot of free time, wildlife comes into camp, city run

Advice to Senior Managementhire competent people, be flexible, do not over react, assist with activities, help spread freee time to employees, give breaks

It was once a great place to work, but budget cuts have hurt the City terribly.

Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at City Of Concord, California

ProsGood feeling to be helping the community.

ConsBudget cuts have really hit the city employee morale. Lots of early retirements and job cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication from top-down. Many mid-level staff feel in the dark, uncertain over future at City.

What's it REALLY like to work for the City of Concord, CA Local Government

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at City Of Concord, California

ProsNice city, good residents to help. City offers a lot of programs to help the community.
City HR tries to improve department staffing, but every hire takes forever and thus many departments are short staffed with 1 person doing the job of 2 or 3 people, for no added pay.

ConsVery little opportunity for advancement, very few job openings. A bit of 'old boys network' goes on, its apparent that some long time senior managers don't value their support staff, and don't show appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove morale between departments. Better communicate from mid-level to support level staff. Often times it seems the 'senior managers' are informed about some important hiring info, but don't share it with staff until the very last minute. A lot of staff feel 'left in the dark' this way and its frustrating.

Worked for City Of Concord, California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City Of Concord, California reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for City Of Concord, California CEO William D. Shinn. All reviews posted anonymously by City Of Concord, California employees.