City of Albuquerque

City of Albuquerque Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Working at the City is good.

ProsGreat retirement benefits and schedules

ConsOffice culture, moral, and leadership.

Great place for a career is Customer Service

Administrative Services Manager (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsGreat opportunity to learn of the community condition, and how to participate in making it better.

ConsLots of challenges, not enough time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore continuing education opportunity is a must in the changing world..

What a mess

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsYou meet some very dedicated people

ConsMost of the assignments are politically engineered. About 80% of the staff works and the top 20% are there because of political relationships and payback. Most of the technology management spend their days smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee and are absolutely the most terrible people in the world

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very positive and learning environment.

Faciltiy Manager (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

Proslearning how government contracts work and how to maintain multiple facilities on a limited budget. The city has a good retirement plan.

Conslong hours, blue collar union, working with inexperienced and unqualified personnel. Working with aged facilities and new facilities that have had projects valued engineered.

Horrible experience

Former Vet Tech (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsA great place to start as a student hands on, good place for experience in the field as it's a high-volume spay and neuter shelter environment.

ConsUnderstaffed and completely out of control. Substandard facilities. Corrupt in a lot of aspects. A few of the techs are very two-faced and will undermine you about your skills when they should worry about their own job. Management was horrible, the clinic manager there at the time was an absolute, unstable nut case who couldn't handle working with people directly. Was given tasks that didn't fully utilize my education and even felt more like a slave at times then an actual tech. There are "too many cooks in the kitchen" and you don't even know who's a supervisor and who isn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't treat the animals like they are only work. Hire a clinic manager who can handle the stress of a shelter environment. Also, keep tabs on employees who constantly gossip and undermine those who actually want to work.

Limited opportunities for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsWorked with some good people

ConsYou cannot count on ambition and hard work to paying off.

It is a great experience.

Community Center Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood People
    Good Deadlines
    Great events
    Good Environment
    IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK WITH GREAT UPPER MANAGEMENT, YOU JUST HAVE TO WORK HARD.

ConsI HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 3 YEARS PART TIME BECAUSE OF SCHOOL AND BUT I DONT BELIEVE THEY WANT TO GIVE ME A FULL TIME JOB.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to have a little more advancement for younger worker. Give full time jobs to people that deserve it not people that have been there for years.

Worked for City of Albuquerque? Contribute to the Community!