City of Aurora, Colorado

Updated March 14, 2014
Updated March 14, 2014

2.6

CEO

Good open job for beginners

Current Employee - Receptionist  in  Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Aurora, CO

I have been working at City of Aurora, Colorado part-time for more than a year

Pros

This job is open to high school and college students who have flexible schedules. They will work around school schedules.

Cons

People don't always maintain confidentiality.

Follow the "Core 4" values and learn the styles of your employees. It is not a one size fits all.

Accounting Technician

Former Employee - Accounting Technician  in  Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Accounting Technician in Aurora, CO

I worked at City of Aurora, Colorado full-time for less than a year

Pros

A way to gain experience

Cons

The people I worked with were stuck up, lack of advancement, treated as if I was the only one in the organization who could make a mistake (even though a large majority of mistakes were those of other people)

Get a more cohesive inclusive group, teach management to take responsibility, and know that to have a worker do their best that the middle men need to not feel like they are the best thing in the world and make sure they learn from others

I've never seen so much BS to get a building permit, is this a joke???

I worked at City of Aurora, Colorado for more than 5 years

Pros

I don't know what the pro's are; I don't see any business or residences in the City of Aurora that are overwhelmingly wonderful and efficient because of their rediculous building permit process

Cons

The building permit process and the administrative hoops you have to jump through to get a building permit are absurd.

I've gotten 97 building permits in many many different municilapities in Colorado and Wyoming, and have NEVER seen a building department with as much BS to go through as the City of Aurora building department. AND EVERY YEAR, IT GETS WORSE, WITH NEW RESTRICTIONS AND REGULATIONS TO JUMP THROUGH. Who is running this office and why do they feel the need to be 45 times harder to get a building permit than most other municipalities????????

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Great Summer Position.

Former Employee - Senior Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor  in  Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor in Aurora, CO

I worked at City of Aurora, Colorado part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The patrons are some of the most interesting you'll find, from the every morning regulars to the trouble makers. They'll always keep you on your toes! If you decide to teach swim lessons and devote yourself to your students, you'll build strong relationships to keep. It's a very relaxed and care-free environment.

Cons

Because of the entry level status, co-workers and supervisors are immature. Responsibility is a premium and it's hard to find. You'll pick up an extra shift because someone didn't show on a pretty regular basis, you'll have to re-do someone else's maintenance job because they didn't do it right and your supervisor likely won't put any repercussions for their poor work. Moving up is hard to do unless you become close with supervisors and sometimes fun gets in the way of safety on the job.

I think that more protocol needs to be put in place so that the City of Aurora isn't so bureaucratic. Managers should also be evaluated and relationships between management and staff should be professional and positive. Additionally, there should be repercussions for staff who don't do their job correctly, whether it's not performing safety procedure right, cleaning the facility or patron interaction. Taking care of the patron and facility should be top priority.

Satisfied with job expectations and salary

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at City of Aurora, Colorado

Pros

Good people and comepensation with money and benefits

Cons

City Councel and City Manager out of touch with how certain departments are run and what their jobs are.

Spend time in each department to see how the job is performed.

How are we doing business today

I have been working at City of Aurora, Colorado full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hmmm-fitness facility and cafe on site.

Cons

Your tax dollars not at their finest. It is not what you know but whose back you scratch .

Acknowledge your worker bees, stop hiring from the outside at such high salaries dissing those who remain loyal for no raises and furlough days.

Administration only looks out for themselves...prepare to be thrown under the bus.

I have been working at City of Aurora, Colorado

Pros

Those not in Administration are usually good to work with or around however, those in Administration are there for a reason...because they scratched somebody else's back. Was given credit for work but not given the support to get it done better.

Cons

Administration is a bunch of good ole boys. It ain't who you know, it's what you know that'll will sink you.

Treat your civilians as well as your sworn because they are, after all, the ones who keep things running.

Worked for City of Aurora, Colorado? Contribute to the Community!