City of Billings, Montana

ci.billings.mt.us

City of Billings, Montana Reviews

3.5

CEO

One of the best experiences ever

Current Employee - 911 Dispatcher  in  Billings, MT
    Current Employee - 911 Dispatcher in Billings, MT

I have been working at City of Billings, Montana full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for, great wages and benefits and the people were awesome to work with.

Cons

Worked lots of overtime and didn't get to have much time to myself when people would call in sick.

I worked for the city

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

I worked at City of Billings, Montana

Pros

Very nice people, excellent medical insurance. Lots of paid time off, Union pay scale, uniforms supplied and laundered. decent pay

Cons

It is definately a time clock punching company. Be sure to be on time with no excuses and ready to work.

A bit more compassion towards family situations and less he said she said petty disputes would be nice. Human Resources is great

City of Billings - Adrift without a rudder

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

I have been working at City of Billings, Montana

Pros

Decent (but eroding) benefits - many great, hardworking people in middle management and in the ranks.

Cons

Top administrator snoozes through meetings. No cohesion between department heads. Many department leaders hold information as a form of power. Everybody operates in a vacuum.

#1. Wake up and pay attention. Slumbering in a puddle of drool is not attractive or professional. #2. Develop organizational communication.
    #3. Recognize the people in the middle and lower ranks (and the few productive dept. heads) who are carrying the load for the entire organization.
    #4 Cut your losses while you're ahead - i.e. clean house of the bumblers and the ones who take advantage of the sleepy headed CEO.
    The City of Billings has potential to be a better, more effective organization. There are good and willing workers at all levels but the leader needs to lead.

Worked for City of Billings, Montana? Contribute to the Community!