City of Dayton, Ohio

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Gary Leitzell

its good

Water Treatment Plant Manager (Current Employee)

Prosmade more money as a Maintenance Man

ConsLot of Paper Work and meeting about training and EPA and other issues

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your Supervisors and managers more than the maintenence personnel

A good place to be from.

Fire Medic (Current Employee)

I have been working at City of Dayton, Ohio

ProsThe city of Dayton does a lot to help its employees in the area, employee care, decent pay and benefits and time off. It's a good place to garner experience working inside a large organization and working with the public.

ConsThe downside is problems in staffing, poor understanding of its own policies and vindictive personality. The city seems to never see problems coming; it only has the power to react causing fragmentation of the work force and overwork of targeted employees. One sticker seen on a locker summed it up best by saying; "doing a good job here is like pissing yourself in a dark suit. You get a warm feeling but nobody notices".

Advice to Senior ManagementTwenty-four hour shifts might have worked when horse pulled fire pumps but it is severely hurting your personnel.

Great place to work!

I have been working at City of Dayton, Ohio

ProsThere is a very good work/life balance. I am always able to get time off as needed. The atmosphere is extremely laid back.

ConsThere is no maternity leave. Salary raises and other monetary factors for middle management are heavily influenced by union negotiations. There are no benefits for domestic partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was shocked to find out that there is no designated maternity leave. Domestic partner benefits are also needed at the City.

Worked for City of Dayton, Ohio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Dayton, Ohio reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for City of Dayton, Ohio CEO Gary Leitzell . All reviews posted anonymously by City of Dayton, Ohio employees.