City of Gainesville, FL

City of Gainesville, FL Reviews

Updated May 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

It's been nice to work in a place I can see the impact my job has in a community.

Health Services Coordinator (Current Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsThe benefits with the City of Gainesville are competitive as are the salaries. Working for the City also allows you to become more connected in your community with initiatives started by the City or started by employees affiliated with other community groups.

ConsThe City of Gainesville has a broad range of positions available but there is very little room to grow for persons in the health or medical fields.

If its temporary, tell people that its Temporary!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsThe pay was good, and they treat you well.

ConsI quit another job to come to the city of Gainesville, only to have my new position eliminated before my probation was up. Something to think about before you quit a job to work for them.

Excellent

Intern (Current Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsWilling to wok with your school schedule. Great learning expeirence for Traffic Engineer. You Actual get to be an engineer and get treated like one, not like an intern.

Consno benefits for interns. Additionally no holiday pay. The pay could be a little more but it is the government.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider offering the interns some type of benefits package, and encourage more self growth for the interns. Great place to learn and work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not a bad first job

Head Lifguard (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

Prosgood, flexible hours, lots of time off, all of the people that work around you are fun and excited to be there

ConsManagement is not always respectful of their individual employees, hard work usually goes un noticed in the work place. Less than average facilities

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention and give more benefits to those who work hard and put in the time. People in the organization tend to "play favorites" as opposed to applauding those that actually do their work

Fun experience, organization infrastructure built around favoritism though

Pool Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work environment
    Fun staff
    Exposure to a lot of city amenities
    Lots of interaction with the community
    Good place to make friends

ConsPoor staff accountability
    Favoritism played into promotions
    No visibility into employee knowledge
    Lack of structure
    Blame cascaded downhill quickly
    Management did not manage

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's alright to be friends with the employees you manage, but at times you must look from a business perspective and make the right decisions based on merit not on subjective likes or dislikes.

Worked for City of Gainesville, FL? Contribute to the Community!