City of Henderson, Neveda
www.cityofhenderson.com 1000 to 5000 Employees

City of Henderson, Neveda Reviews

Updated Mar 10, 2014
City of Henderson, Neveda – Henderson – “Oasis in the Desert”

Creating and executing quality recreational programming to promote active lifestyles in children.

Senior Recreation Assistant (Current Employee)
    Henderson, NV

ProsThis job presents an opportunity to plan and execute activities for an ever growing segment of children within the Henderson and surrounding communities.

ConsThere are limited opportunities for Senior Recreation Assistants to create and provide recreational plans for a wide variety of age groups with the program.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease encourage more employee growth, and embrace leadership provided by capable employees.

Delivering customer service in a rule-enforcing capacity.

Officer (Former Employee)
    Henderson, NV

ProsMost of the people that work at the City of Henderson are first class. There are innovative programs the City seeks to implement that are exciting and diverse.

ConsNepotism, lack of communication, lack of consistency in following policies. Recognition of employee sacrifices during economic downturn has not been recognized in the new administration.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the culture and ease of communication within the City. Honor the people that follow the implemented rules and policies. Provide programs for employee appreciation and encourage supervisors to use them. Hold supervisors accountable to their job duties, and provide leadership training for supervisors.

Good organization on its way down.

ProsGreat pay and benefits, that is about it.

ConsYears ago ambition, work ethic and job knowledge moved you through the organization. Currently the "executive team" recruits individuals and appoints people to positions under the table. A select few are being promoted and given raises while the general story to the workers is that all salaries are frozen. Corruption and cronyism is rampant. View Ralston Reports to see some of the examples of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some integrity, BTW you can't but that. Most employees see through the lies.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Neutral

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent salary & benefits and the four day work week is nice. Best local government to work for in the area. Many departments have received awards for achievements.

ConsPoor economy negatively impacting employee morale. Everyone is grateful for job but challenging to constantly do more with less. Like all government agencies in these times, no clear sign of when things will improve.

Great people and friendly place to be.

Police Officer (Current Employee)
    Henderson, NV

ProsStable place to work. Great co workers.

Consnone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not change things that aren't broken.

Tough Times

Henderson, NV

ProsGood salaries, good benefits, generally positive work environment.

ConsPolitical, some favoritism/family connections, difficult financial outlook.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need less management and more workers.

Worked for City of Henderson, Neveda? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Henderson, Neveda reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by City of Henderson, Neveda employees.