City of Hollywood, Florida

Reset
3.2
Peter Bober
1 Rating

My experience was eye-opening and taught me aspects of civil engineering that I enjoyed and other that I didn't.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at City of Hollywood, Florida as an intern

Pros

As an intern, you are given flexibility in your hours and the staff is very enthusiastic about exposing you to all fields of work.

Cons

Since it is a government office, when there is little money work is slow and they may not have a lot of "fascinating" tasks for the intern.

2. Park Ranger 1

Current Employee - Park Ranger I in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Park Ranger I in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at City of Hollywood, Florida part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great part time job with flexible hours up to 35 per week. Good benefits such as vacation, sick days, holidays etc. Employee Union, medical and vision benefits, credit union available

Cons

Poor communication between management and employees. Favoritism and preferential treatment is common when issuing assignments and in scheduling. As the cliche goes "different strokes for different folks," is apparent within the department.

Advice to Management

Upper management should be more aware of middle management's practices that are more self serving rather than making decisions that what would benefit the better interest of the city.

Very Fast pace to work.

Former Employee - Volunteet in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Volunteet in Hollywood, FL

I worked at City of Hollywood, Florida part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is some nice people that work there.

Cons

Some people like to stab you in the back..

One of the best places to never work in South Florida

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at City of Hollywood, Florida full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very few reasons to work here. The weather is nice.

Cons

Low pay and even the pension is being gutted. Management is openly hostile to the employees, more so to members of the Union. Benefits being reduced while prices for those benefits is going up.

Advice to Management

Best advice I can offer to Management? Quit. Seriously, quit. You don't know what you are doing and hiring more managers is not the answer. When all the divisions have been outsourced what is going to be left for you to manage?

RSS Feed </> Embed