City of Odessa

www.ci.odessa.tx.us

City of Odessa Reviews

2.7

CEO

Secure position, but low pay

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Odessa, TX

I have been working at City of Odessa full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many benefits: retirement, insurance, free clinic and gym, plus other discounts in the community such as restaurant discounts and others

Cons

Lower pay than the private businesses, but benefits do compensate for the lower pay. Secure position in times of economic downturn.

Make salaries more comparable with the private industry locally

Ok if you want a stable job. Very little supervison when you know what your doing. Rock bottom Pay. Good Benifits

Former Employee - I & E Tech  in  Odessa, TX
    Former Employee - I & E Tech in Odessa, TX

I worked at City of Odessa

Pros

They got 2-1 retirement. Layed back most part friendly. Great benifits free clinic and gym. You can build your time off. Lots of holidays. Supervisors tend to work with you. You feel good when you help the city not run out of water.

Cons

Very low pay. 12-18hr in the low end jobs such as I&E tech or maintiance or plant operator.. Management has tends to support themselfs. Passed up twice for supervisor. Been there 5 yr. My new supervisors got fired for not knowing job. But if you get in good with the supervisors they will promote you. They recently didnt promote a 25 yr employee and chose to hire a employee that only been there 6 months. He later left 2 yr later. Most all the Veterns were basically force to retired due to no promotion. Management doesnt acknowledge your work. Promised training when started never sent or given any training. Some jobs perform are very dangerous. Lack of ppe.

Invest in the people that been there longer. Provide better training. Reduce micromanagment. Listen to your employees. Reduce hostile work enviroment. Better pay. Hire more people . Treat employees like there human.

Good place to start a career.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Odessa, TX

I have been working at City of Odessa

Pros

Pension, good benefits, including a health clinic and employee and fitness center. Good mid-level managers. Employees tend to be supportive of each other, help each other out.

Cons

Poor communication from the top, lack of modern technology applications. Management tends to ignore problems or play them down rather than addressing them in order to avoide bad publicity. Unequal administration of discipline.

More investment in personnel development, improved use of and training for technology would improve working conditions and attitudes.

City of Odessa Photos

Water Plant

+ Add Photo

Worked for City of Odessa? Contribute to the Community!