City of Plano, TX

www.plano.gov

City of Plano, TX Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2014
City of Plano, TX – US – “Plano”

City of Plano, TX – US – “Plano”

Loved the City of Plano just not the Municipal Court

Court Clerk II (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsBenefits were out of this world and I actually LOVED my job.

ConsManagement was not good at all. Horrible office politics and the court management was not employee friendly. They have no compassion for their employees or real life situations. Lots of favortism and if you are not in the group then you are not a favorite. The court management loves to write up for the smallest things that don't matter. Breaking people down constantly. High-high turnover.
    Policy of only have 2 people off at a time was hard with 35 employees at the court.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up and show compassion for employees. A little respect goes a long way.

Great Job

Recreation Aide (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe best thing about working for the City of Plano is the way they treat their employees. They are always striving to make the job enviornment so much better.

ConsSometimes you can get a few disgruntled patrons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great experience

Headguard (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsTransparent
    Goals are easily understood
    Great atmosphere

ConsSlow policy changes
    Raises were frozen and were slow to increase

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financially sound organization

Prosgood benefits and nice facilities

Conslittle opportunity for advancement as senior management has been in place for many years

Great Place to Intern

Administrative Intern (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe people were great to work with and easy to get along with. Even though I was only an intern for the summer I felt like I got a lot of office experience.

ConsNothing that I can recall. I only spent a relatively short time working there.

best job ever"

Lifeguard (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFairness, great management, good pay for young people.

ConsAlways complaints about budget cutting, and kind of stingy.

Very nice place to work for

Senior Rehabilitation Estimator/Inspector for CDBG Program (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsExcellant benefits, stable job, friendly staff and peers to work with. Staff worked as a team to do whatever it took to make sure the jobs got completed and meet deadlines.

ConsContinuious personality conflict with dept supervisor for over 3 years

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I had meetings scheduled with upper management for a one on one. It always seemed that the dept managerment always wanted more people involved instead of a one on one meeting.

Not bad...not too bad at all

ProsGreat benefits, advancement opportunities (the city almost exclusively promotes from within,) the people in charge seem to know how to do the job. A lot of time off.

ConsA lot of liability concern. The city focuses more on limiting exposure than it does in helping it's customers. Salaries are pretty fixed and have been stagnant for a long time. The focus is on seniroity and not production. Those who do less for longer are rewarded before those who do the major share of the work, but haven't given as much time.

Working for the city of Plano is great, just not at the municipal court

ProsGood benefits, lots of paid time off available.

ConsBad office environment at the municipal court

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house

Senior Construction Inspector

Senior Construction Inspector (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsBenefits and upper management fighting for employees. Paid Holidays. The management in the city does a great job in providing health benefits at a resonable cost to employees. The city participates in the state TMRS reitirement program which is one of the best government run retirement programs in the country.

ConsPolitics, City Council attempting to run day to day operations. Some citizens in Plano are not reasonalble and do not appreciate what the city of Plano employess accomplish at a very low cost compared to other surronding cities.

Worked for City of Plano, TX? Contribute to the Community!