City of Royal Oak, Michigan

City of Royal Oak, Michigan Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Part Time Municipal Recreation Employee

Recreation Specialist (Former Employee)
Royal Oak, MI

I worked at City of Royal Oak, Michigan part-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt was nice to only have to work half a week. They always made sure that I had taken my break. Very organized. Never had a problem getting paid. My co-workers were very nice and friendly. The seniors were great to work with.

ConsThere was no room to advance to another position in the city since positions were posted publicly first, not internally. It was very disappointing having to compete with others for a position in the city when I had already been working for them for 5 years. The city had cut back on hiring and has decreased some staff's hours, eliminated or combined positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract more with your staff instead of spending so much time alone in your office. They are your support and want to feel like we are all part of a team.

Fun, supportive great Learn to Skate Director, Rink director and upper management were not up to par

Learn to Skate (Current Employee)

I have been working at City of Royal Oak, Michigan

ProsFun, enriching working with the kids and the Learn to Skate Director

ConsIce Rink Manager/Director and upper city management were not not supportive or dependable to act or adhere to their job responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to take more responsibility in responding to employee concerns at the ice rink.

Worked for City of Royal Oak, Michigan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Royal Oak, Michigan reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by City of Royal Oak, Michigan employees.