City of Royal Oak, Michigan

CEO

Part Time Municipal Recreation Employee

Former Employee - Recreation Specialist in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Recreation Specialist in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at City of Royal Oak, Michigan part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was nice to only have to work half a week. They always made sure that I had taken my break. Very organized. Never had a problem getting paid. My co-workers were very nice and friendly. The seniors were great to work with.

Cons

There was no room to advance to another position in the city since positions were posted publicly first, not internally. It was very disappointing having to compete with others for a position in the city when I had already been working for them for 5 years. The city had cut back on hiring and has decreased some staff's hours, eliminated or combined positions.

Interact more with your staff instead of spending so much time alone in your office. They are your support and want to feel like we are all part of a team.

Fun, supportive great Learn to Skate Director, Rink director and upper management were not up to par

Current Employee - Learn to Skate
    Current Employee - Learn to Skate

I have been working at City of Royal Oak, Michigan

Pros

Fun, enriching working with the kids and the Learn to Skate Director

Cons

Ice Rink Manager/Director and upper city management were not not supportive or dependable to act or adhere to their job responsibilities.

Upper management needs to take more responsibility in responding to employee concerns at the ice rink.