City of Waterbury, CT

www.waterburyct.org

City of Waterbury, CT Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

HR and supervisors actually cared.

Telecommunicator I (Former Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsBenefits, union, has the most employees in the city, HR works well, variety of jobs.

ConsJobs less than part time have no benefits or union.

Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Waterbury, CT

Prosgood job but very slow growth potential

Consgood job but slow growth and poor pay

Worked for 32+ years in the city and live here; not perfect, but only place I'd be!

Remedial Reading Tutor (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsIf you live where you work, you know the community inside and out. Waterbury is a work in progress; the education dept has a new and progressive leader in Dr. Ouellette. Given time, she will only make our system better for the children and the staff.

ConsWaterbury has always been a blue collar town, and the blue collar mentality has remained, even tho the factories have moved out the school dept is more concerned with scores than with the welfare and education of its children; and we are losing some of the best teachers in the country, because they don't dance to the outdated music. These wonderful educators get to the same goal as the others; they have a more creative, innovative, and engaging way of doing it, and they are being reprimanded for it. Shame on the administration.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk your teachers what is working and what is not. We are in the trenches day in and day out and we know what works and what doesn't.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The city's entire Department of Education incapable of running its school system.

Teacher (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsThe best reason to work (and live) in the city is the people who live here. There are many multi-generational hard workimg middle class homeowners who are proud of their city.

ConsThe Department of Education is a mess. They claim to put "kids first" but their policies do not reflect this. They are so wrapped up in protecting themselves from bad press and potential litigation that their education policies are not conducive to student success.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time in the classroom, not touring the building with administrators. Get to know your teachers and seek advice from them. They are the ones who truly care about the students and are most capable of provideing effective solutions.

Worked for City of Waterbury, CT? Contribute to the Community!