CityTwist Reviews

3.5
Lou Nobilé

1. Awesome

I have been working at CityTwist

Pros

For years running, making the inc 500/5000 fastest growing companies. Recognized repeatedly by South Florida Business Journal as a top employer. Recognized by Governor Scott as a top South Florida employer. It's a very comfortable, laid-back atmosphere. We have a lot of fun, both on the clock and off. The company is really more like a family of people dedicated to their jobs.

Cons

Cons? Maybe we have too much fun? Not sure what to put, here, but GlassDoor makes me...

2. CityTwist is the best company to work for. Great management, staff, and products.

Current Employee - Sales Development
    Current Employee - Sales Development

I have been working at CityTwist

Pros

Best place to work! The company is driven by leaders and our core values

Cons

NONE. I must enter at least 5 words for Cons.

Advice to Management

Great management, great staff, and great environment.

Toxic company, Founder Lou is an alcoholic

I worked at CityTwist

Pros

There are some good employees. HR head guy is great but too much turnover.

Cons

Everything trickles down from CEO through the hierarchy. CEO left but he yelled and mistreated employees every day just like he got yelled and embarrassed by Founder. Middle management are liars. The sales guys are boiler room guys who will backstab you in a heartbeat. The business model is low budget employees besides IT and Sales and the product is close to fraud. They exaggerate through google analytics the ROI to dealerships. The database is not as big as they claim and reuse email addresses by the masses.

Advice to Management

Be honest with yourself and employees. Pay people what they are worth. Create a positive culture cause you dont have one!

Email Mass Marketing Company that's too much of a small "shop" immature feel.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CityTwist full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There I had the ability to work on the fundamentals of the Internet. Unix server systems (FreeBSD specifically). DNS, IP management. SSH/httpd/mail and honed my skills on farm management.

Cons

All systems (at least in house save for a few black box systems we did not have any access to) were built on random hand me down desktop PC hardware. This was in my professional opinion a nightmare to work with. The immense unreliability and chaotic setup that did NOT scale well (even though it was setup to sort of scale somehow).

Management was too much into the buddy buddy setup, and didn't behave in a professional enough manner for my liking. When the money was rolling in, they were happy. But when things got dicey, no one took anything serious. At one point, they were trying to launch a dozen new products that all seemed to go nowhere in what could only be described as throwing stuff at the wall just to see what stuck.

Advice to Management

Shed the small shop immaturity. Focus on your core product that is your bread and butter. Take your business practices more seriously and work from there. You have a viable business model, just don't squander it.

STAY AWAY

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CityTwist full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None at all stay away

Cons

Horrible ran company with no direction at all . Expect unrealistic expectations. They Don't Even have A CRM Software Program !! Stay away !!

Advice to Management

Develop in an actually Company

Booming

I have been working at CityTwist full-time (more than a year)

Pros

CityTwist is an awesome place to work. People get hired here because they are smart, talented, and hard working. If you are in sales, the base pay is good and the earning potential is incredible. There are a good number of sales people making $100,000- $200,000 a year and a few topping that. The worst sales person in the company will probably take home $60,000 a year, if not more. This is for a reasonably low stress 9-6 job.

The best thing is, the company is still growing by leaps and bounds. Waves of employees keep getting hired as product offerings expand and improve. It's a beautiful thing to be a part of. The excitement is palpable. There is great potential for personal growth and career advancement. Plus, everyone gets along well and there is always something fun happening at the office (parties, lunches, breakfast, contests, etc). Overall, it's great, and I don't see business slowing down anytime soon.

Cons

Availability of good, strong coffee is low. There is a coffee machine, but it is decent at best. If there were K-cups provided in bulk or someone tasked with keeping pots of hot coffee available that would be awesome and good for business.

Advice to Management

Keep growing

A Company On the Rise...

I have been working at CityTwist full-time (more than a year)

Pros

CityTwist is growing and expanding every month and I have been fortunate enough to have witnessed and contributed to the success of this company! As the company grows, more opportunities are arising for individual employees to show their strengths and skills.

It's a relaxed environment in a prime location in the middle of Boca. The people that work here are friendly and easy to get along with...I have made many good friends here. I can say with 100% honesty that I enjoy coming to work every day and I value that because I don't think a lot of people can say that about their own jobs.

The Health and Life Insurance plans are extremely generous and paid for by the company, which is a VERY rare thing.

Cons

Company and department procedures are implemented but then continually disregarded by some employees, sometimes even by Managers, without any consequences. This sets a bad example for everyone else in the company and especially for new hires.

Most people that work here are not private about what the current salaries are for each department. So when it's a known fact that people are being hired to fill commission-based positions where the salaries are significantly higher than the salaries of current employees in semi-managerial roles, it can be discouraging.

Advice to Management

Current employee salaries should be re-evaluated. Employees should be compensated fairly for the amount of work and time that they put into the company…not for how close they are with management. In order for employees to continue working hard and investing time in the company, we need to know that what we do is recognized and appreciated.

Fun & Exciting!

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CityTwist full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at CityTwist for 3.5 years now and can honestly say CityTwist has changed my life and I will forever be grateful for the opportunity. It is a growing company with a lot of potential. I have seen tremendous growth in my role with the company and the managers have always treated me well. The atmosphere is fun and exciting and the managers are pretty laid-back as long as you get your work done. Hard work and talent is noticed and appreciated. I highly recommend CityTwist to anyone looking for a new and exciting career opportunity.

Cons

It can get stressful as individual employees are asked to manage a lot and wear a lot of hats. This is nothing outside of typical growing pains and is a good problem to have.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management would be to have more frequent meetings with the employees to keep them in the know and ask for their opinions and feedback. I believe employees full value to the company and opinions/suggesstions are not always looked at.

Fantastic!

Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CityTwist full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you want a long term job working for a company in the tec industry that is growing by leaps and bounds this is a great place for you. Sales manger and VP of sales are outstanding. Beyond sales, each department is run by a dedicated, hardworking leader who works to foster growth and is committed to helping his/ her underlings learn the biz and succeed. fantastic benefits, fantastic potential for personal growth, much higher than average earnings in Florida.

Cons

sales---if your afraid to work hard you wont make it. the pay is too competitive and there are a lot of people out there looking for jobs like this. if your spineless and a non self starter you most likely wont make it.
    if your obnoxious or a trouble maker you wont make it. if you cry all the time and expect hand outs you wont make it.

Advice to Management

keep crushing the game.

Questionable Practices

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CityTwist full-time

Pros

Benefits are OK for a small company. Salaries are average.

Cons

The company is in the business of sending blast email. It isn’t surprising that most of its customers are car dealers, which aren’t known by their high ethical standards.
    The CEO is a cynical individual. He has deformed the word “communication”. In his degraded version, it means “report everything to me”.
    On the other hand, the term empowerment doesn’t even exist in the company vocabulary: employees are micromanaged to suffocation.
    There are lots of so-called leaders, but no real leadership. The decision making process is convoluted and most of the time, ineffective.
    Language is often profane.
    The real culture is the lack of respect.

Advice to Management

Speak up.