Claas Of America Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
2.9
Theo W. Freye

1. Outstanding company to work for... pay, benefits, environment

I have been working at Claas Of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for self motivators, fast paced, and flexible

Cons

lack of mobility to move within the company

2. Nebraska Harvest Center - Seward

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Seward, NE
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Seward, NE

I worked at Claas Of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best equipment in the world of its type. High customer satisfaction with the machines. Benefits are the best I've ever encountered. (No health insurance premium for employees) You learn how NOT to treat people.

Cons

Work environment is the worst I've ever been apart of. As part of the service department my manager would demonize every mistake and lose his temper very frequently. There is no training provided for the role of Service Technician I was in so I would make small mistakes frequently and then be severely berated for them. Usually the only solution to the long-term problem provided by my manager was "you should have called me." I'm still not sure how a person is supposed to correct themselves if they don't know they are doing it wrong to begin with. I gave my best effort throughout my tenure there but it was never and would never be good enough for my boss.

Also couldn't find any healthcare providers in the entire state that were in-network for chiropractic care. Also the co-pay for prescriptions is double the cost to employees than anywhere else so though you don't pay a premium for health insurance each pay check they get it out of you in other ways.

Advice to Management

I'd love to see the company excel but you have no idea how to build people up and make them want to come to work each weekday. Stop looking for the bad in all employees and don't lose your cool on new employees. First impressions are IMMENSELY CRITCAL, don't set your working relationships up to fail. I was told that CLAAS is like a family but that was the farthest thing from the truth at Nebraska Harvest Center.

3. Great German products

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Claas Of America

Pros

- Great salary and benefits
    - Supportive management team
    - Satisfying product palette, with some really cool harvesting equipment and technology
    - Interesting environment when dealing with foreign suppliers and factories

Cons

- Very flat structure with fairly long-term employee base = potential for slow career advancement
    - Sometimes a few too many fires to deal with
    - Yellow combines

Advice to Management

Time to roll out a unified green product palette. Otherwise keep up the good work - most employees seem to be fired up.

5. Family friendly and good compensation with GREAT benefits!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Claas Of America

Pros

Family friendly and good compensation with GREAT benefits! This is a low stress environment with flexible bosses.

Cons

Very flat company with very little upward or lateral movement.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that have experience with Claas' customers.