Claddagh Resources

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Casey

Great company to join for a first time recruiter

Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsPrivately owned with management who have a hands on approach. Opportunity to work with major international companies. Thorough training provided for entry level recruiters. Actively encouraged to network in the market.

ConsLower initial starting salary than others

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing!

Increase staffing to better meet work demands

Great experience and rewarding hard work

Executive Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsCladdagh is great place to learn how to be a top notch recruiter. I came in with zero experience and after a year I am now managing my own accounts. It is a great environment and team atmosphere where others are willing to help you succeed

ConsBeing a Recruiter can be difficult at times but Claddagh has the right team blend and more than enough opportunity to keep you busy

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat leadership is what has allowed this firm to excel. There is a lot of opportunity to grow within the organization and learn from the best.

Work hard and Play Hard!

Executive Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsIncentives with good commission, supportive senior team.
    I made very good money compared with peers of my age,
    Calddagh also boast a very strong client base to work with.

If you are intereseted in a recruitment career it hard to find better.

ConsNote really a con but as with any recruitment company, reward only comes with hard work and at times longer hours

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to improce recognising individual strengths and adjust targets & roles for people in the company to suit.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good opportunities with mature management style

Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsGreat team, willing to be flexible and support staff.

Have a grown up management style allowing me to work to me strengths and quickly progress.

ConsInternal communication isn't great, leading to gossip and hear-say about important updates.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that company news comes from the top.

Continue to champion the grown up management style and invest in good staff.

Challenging role but great place to learn by doing

Executive Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsPeople have come here from all around the globe making the atmosphere very unique. Good training & mentoring helped me move from Researcher to Recruiter in a few weeks. My mentors have extensive experience and are always available for advice

ConsBeginning difficulties using some older tools and IT systems, but they are updating / replacing them gradually.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more resources improving & upgrading access to tools

A rewarding and trubulant career full of lows and highs

Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsCladdagh hold high standards of work to maintain good reputations with clients. These standards can be a great motivator.You are given good training and introduction to the recruitment process, but your career is very much in your hands and the job will reflect how much effort you put in which can be very rewarding personaly & financially. Senior staff are very approachable and always helpful.

ConsIt is a very fast paced company, which is good if thats what you thrive on (as most in recruitment do) however you can feel like thinks are piling up if you cant find the time to catch up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter coffee in the staff room would be welcome!

Different and challenging

Personal Assistant (Former Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsThe People you interact with every day, whether they are colleagues, peers, management, candidates or customers it's inspiring

ConsWork pace can be difficult and very demanding at times.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't lose site of the little people, good will can only last so long

A plethora of dysfunction. Highly unethical practices.

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsGained some basic industry experience as a springboard to a recruiting career. They would give you basic tools necessary to do the job.

Cons-False promises as far as compensation: management at the time would place incentive posters with statements like, "$5000 bonus to the recruiter with most placements," then deny an opportunity ever existed when placement goals were met and it came time for payout. Management would also deliberately do things to control the compensation of everyone in the office, keeping any extra opportunity for bonus/incentives to themselves while having used you as the labor.

-Serious HR compliance issues that would result in litigation in any reputable organization: I was told because I did not have a family that I should be willing to work outside of normal business hours. When I did this, thinking that my extra efforts would be rewarded when bonus payout time arrived, it of course was a lie and the dollars were manuipulated to benefit management or family members of management working in the organization per their fraudulent compensation plan. In other words, don't plan on the delineated compensation plan or incentive structure to be valid when it comes time for payout.

-Inappropriate relationships existed between members of management amongst themselves as well as between management and members of management of client companies. A couple of client companies caught on to this and stopped using Claddagh as a vendor. The relationships were, of course, manipulative in an attempt to secure more business for Claddagh.

-Intimidation tactics by C-level personnel toward employees after being hired initially, so as to set the stage for the toxic environment previously discussed in previous posts. Zero respect towards employees.

-No future; clearly a churn-and-burn environment set up to where upper management could tread on the backs of employees to maintain an exorbent lifestyle they delusionally felt they were entitled to. The 2 years I was there I probably saw 100 recruiters come and go. Many realizing the fraudulent nature of the compensation plan, set up, of course, to be manipulated when necessary and benefit a select few.

Advice to Senior ManagementPsychotherapy and rehab, so as to attempt to preserve any fragment of a conscience that remains.

It's OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGave me a contract work.

ConsNot straight and honest. Make sure you get everything in writing.

Working for Claddagh in Europe

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsRelaxed management style as they measure outputs not inputs.
    Flexible approach to working remotely as long as you synchronize with the US during the day
    Good bunch of co workers 99% who have a work hard play hard attitude

ConsThe need to synchronize with the US can result in some very long days as there is a minimum 6 hour time difference.
    The CRM system needs updated so there is a need for replication of inputs
    Sometimes the notion that the US is the only show in town can put clients in Europe off.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the CRM,
    Upgrade the video conferencing systems

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Claddagh Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claddagh Resources reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Claddagh Resources CEO Peter Casey. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Claddagh Resources employees.