Claddagh Resources

Updated August 5, 2014
Updated August 5, 2014

4.1

Peter Casey

Great company to join for a first time recruiter

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Norcross, GA

Pros

Privately owned with management who have a hands on approach. Opportunity to work with major international companies. Thorough training provided for entry level recruiters. Actively encouraged to network in the market.

Cons

Lower initial starting salary than others

Keep growing!

Increase staffing to better meet work demands

Great experience and rewarding hard work

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Claddagh is great place to learn how to be a top notch recruiter. I came in with zero experience and after a year I am now managing my own accounts. It is a great environment and team atmosphere where others are willing to help you succeed

Cons

Being a Recruiter can be difficult at times but Claddagh has the right team blend and more than enough opportunity to keep you busy

Great leadership is what has allowed this firm to excel. There is a lot of opportunity to grow within the organization and learn from the best.

Work hard and Play Hard!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Norcross, GA

Pros

Incentives with good commission, supportive senior team.
    I made very good money compared with peers of my age,
    Calddagh also boast a very strong client base to work with.

If you are intereseted in a recruitment career it hard to find better.

Cons

Note really a con but as with any recruitment company, reward only comes with hard work and at times longer hours

Try to improce recognising individual strengths and adjust targets & roles for people in the company to suit.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good opportunities with mature management style

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Norcross, GA

Pros

Great team, willing to be flexible and support staff.

Have a grown up management style allowing me to work to me strengths and quickly progress.

Cons

Internal communication isn't great, leading to gossip and hear-say about important updates.

Ensure that company news comes from the top.

Continue to champion the grown up management style and invest in good staff.

A rewarding and trubulant career full of lows and highs

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Norcross, GA

Pros

Claddagh hold high standards of work to maintain good reputations with clients. These standards can be a great motivator.You are given good training and introduction to the recruitment process, but your career is very much in your hands and the job will reflect how much effort you put in which can be very rewarding personaly & financially. Senior staff are very approachable and always helpful.

Cons

It is a very fast paced company, which is good if thats what you thrive on (as most in recruitment do) however you can feel like thinks are piling up if you cant find the time to catch up.

Better coffee in the staff room would be welcome!

Challenging role but great place to learn by doing

Current Employee - Executive Recruitment Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruitment Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

People have come here from all around the globe making the atmosphere very unique. Good training & mentoring helped me move from Researcher to Recruiter in a few weeks. My mentors have extensive experience and are always available for advice

Cons

Beginning difficulties using some older tools and IT systems, but they are updating / replacing them gradually.

Invest more resources improving & upgrading access to tools

Different and challenging

Former Employee - Personal Assistant  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Personal Assistant in Norcross, GA

Pros

The People you interact with every day, whether they are colleagues, peers, management, candidates or customers it's inspiring

Cons

Work pace can be difficult and very demanding at times.

don't lose site of the little people, good will can only last so long

A plethora of dysfunction. Highly unethical practices.

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Norcross, GA

Pros

Gained some basic industry experience as a springboard to a recruiting career. They would give you basic tools necessary to do the job.

Cons

-False promises as far as compensation: management at the time would place incentive posters with statements like, "$5000 bonus to the recruiter with most placements," then deny an opportunity ever existed when placement goals were met and it came time for payout. Management would also deliberately do things to control the compensation of everyone in the office, keeping any extra opportunity for bonus/incentives to themselves while having used you as the labor.

-Serious HR compliance issues that would result in litigation in any reputable organization: I was told because I did not have a family that I should be willing to work outside of normal business hours. When I did this, thinking that my extra efforts would be rewarded when bonus payout time arrived, it of course was a lie and the dollars were manuipulated to benefit management or family members of management working in the organization per their fraudulent compensation plan. In other words, don't plan on the delineated compensation plan or incentive structure to be valid when it comes time for payout.

-Inappropriate relationships existed between members of management amongst themselves as well as between management and members of management of client companies. A couple of client companies caught on to this and stopped using Claddagh as a vendor. The relationships were, of course, manipulative in an attempt to secure more business for Claddagh.

-Intimidation tactics by C-level personnel toward employees after being hired initially, so as to set the stage for the toxic environment previously discussed in previous posts. Zero respect towards employees.

-No future; clearly a churn-and-burn environment set up to where upper management could tread on the backs of employees to maintain an exorbent lifestyle they delusionally felt they were entitled to. The 2 years I was there I probably saw 100 recruiters come and go. Many realizing the fraudulent nature of the compensation plan, set up, of course, to be manipulated when necessary and benefit a select few.

Psychotherapy and rehab, so as to attempt to preserve any fragment of a conscience that remains.

It's OK

Pros

Gave me a contract work.

Cons

Not straight and honest. Make sure you get everything in writing.

Great experience for first job out of college!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Claddagh Resources keeps getting better. We have a brand new office with a really cool layout. It's great to hear everyone talking about new ideas and approaches. Great buzz about the place and we have had some really smart additions to the team and I'm excited to learn from them. It's a great place to work and learn, the people are awesome and we have some really great clients.

Cons

I can honestly say that there is no real downside here. Work hard and smart and you will be recognized.

Keep up the good work!

Worked for Claddagh Resources? Contribute to the Community!