Claddagh Resources

Updated December 2, 2014
Updated December 2, 2014
4.0

Peter Casey

Great company to join for a first time recruiter

I have been working at Claddagh Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Privately owned with management who have a hands on approach. Opportunity to work with major international companies. Thorough training provided for entry level recruiters. Actively encouraged to network in the market.

Cons

Lower initial starting salary than others

Keep growing!

Increase staffing to better meet work demands

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

I worked at Claddagh Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a paycheck.
    Free drinks.

Cons

The CEO is a complete TERROR and leads the team in fear. He is known to come in the office after a few adult beverages.

Listen to your employees and stop brushing huge issues under the rug such as discrimination, sexual harassment, bullying, etc. This is a toxic place to work and I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Beware

Former Employee - Recruiter in Norcross, GA

I worked at Claddagh Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The paycheck cleared.

Cons

Most of the other negative posts are quite accurate. Beware that the positive reviews of this company here on Glassdoor are all grouped together on the same day(s), which should tell you they are not legitimate and are fabricated manipulations to deceive the Glassdoor user. This is a churn and burn. Compensation plan is fraudulent, or at least it was under the COO that was there at the time; that individual would promise bonuses and then deny ever making the promise when it came time for payout, keeping the money for themselves. You will not look forward to coming to work each day.

Familiarize yourself with your local AA chapter.

Great experience and rewarding hard work

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Claddagh Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Claddagh is great place to learn how to be a top notch recruiter. I came in with zero experience and after a year I am now managing my own accounts. It is a great environment and team atmosphere where others are willing to help you succeed

Cons

Being a Recruiter can be difficult at times but Claddagh has the right team blend and more than enough opportunity to keep you busy

Great leadership is what has allowed this firm to excel. There is a lot of opportunity to grow within the organization and learn from the best.

Work hard and Play Hard!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Claddagh Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incentives with good commission, supportive senior team.
    I made very good money compared with peers of my age,
    Calddagh also boast a very strong client base to work with.

If you are intereseted in a recruitment career it hard to find better.

Cons

Note really a con but as with any recruitment company, reward only comes with hard work and at times longer hours

Try to improce recognising individual strengths and adjust targets & roles for people in the company to suit.

Good opportunities with mature management style

I have been working at Claddagh Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team, willing to be flexible and support staff.

Have a grown up management style allowing me to work to me strengths and quickly progress.

Cons

Internal communication isn't great, leading to gossip and hear-say about important updates.

Ensure that company news comes from the top.

Continue to champion the grown up management style and invest in good staff.

Challenging role but great place to learn by doing

Current Employee - Executive Recruitment Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruitment Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Claddagh Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People have come here from all around the globe making the atmosphere very unique. Good training & mentoring helped me move from Researcher to Recruiter in a few weeks. My mentors have extensive experience and are always available for advice

Cons

Beginning difficulties using some older tools and IT systems, but they are updating / replacing them gradually.

Invest more resources improving & upgrading access to tools

A rewarding and trubulant career full of lows and highs

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Norcross, GA

I worked at Claddagh Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Claddagh hold high standards of work to maintain good reputations with clients. These standards can be a great motivator.You are given good training and introduction to the recruitment process, but your career is very much in your hands and the job will reflect how much effort you put in which can be very rewarding personaly & financially. Senior staff are very approachable and always helpful.

Cons

It is a very fast paced company, which is good if thats what you thrive on (as most in recruitment do) however you can feel like thinks are piling up if you cant find the time to catch up.

Better coffee in the staff room would be welcome!

Different and challenging

Former Employee - Personal Assistant in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Personal Assistant in Norcross, GA

I worked at Claddagh Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The People you interact with every day, whether they are colleagues, peers, management, candidates or customers it's inspiring

Cons

Work pace can be difficult and very demanding at times.

don't lose site of the little people, good will can only last so long

A plethora of dysfunction. Highly unethical practices.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Norcross, GA

I worked at Claddagh Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gained some basic industry experience as a springboard to a recruiting career. They would give you basic tools necessary to do the job.

Cons

-False promises as far as compensation: management at the time would place incentive posters with statements like, "$5000 bonus to the recruiter with most placements," then deny an opportunity ever existed when placement goals were met and it came time for payout. Management would also deliberately do things to control the compensation of everyone in the office, keeping any extra opportunity for bonus/incentives to themselves while having used you as the labor.

-Serious HR compliance issues that would result in litigation in any reputable organization: I was told because I did not have a family that I should be willing to work outside of normal business hours. When I did this, thinking that my extra efforts would be rewarded when bonus payout time arrived, it of course was a lie and the dollars were manuipulated to benefit management or family members of management working in the organization per their fraudulent compensation plan. In other words, don't plan on the delineated compensation plan or incentive structure to be valid when it comes time for payout.

-Inappropriate relationships existed between members of management amongst themselves as well as between management and members of management of client companies. A couple of client companies caught on to this and stopped using Claddagh as a vendor. The relationships were, of course, manipulative in an attempt to secure more business for Claddagh.

-Intimidation tactics by C-level personnel toward employees after being hired initially, so as to set the stage for the toxic environment previously discussed in previous posts. Zero respect towards employees.

-No future; clearly a churn-and-burn environment set up to where upper management could tread on the backs of employees to maintain an exorbent lifestyle they delusionally felt they were entitled to. The 2 years I was there I probably saw 100 recruiters come and go. Many realizing the fraudulent nature of the compensation plan, set up, of course, to be manipulated when necessary and benefit a select few.

Psychotherapy and rehab, so as to attempt to preserve any fragment of a conscience that remains.