Claire's Stores Reviews

Reset
2.7
Claire's Stores CEO James D. Fielding
James D. Fielding

Pros
  • Great employee discount on merchandise (in 46 reviews)

• Some people might like it here because of the 50% discount for employees in claires and in icing stores (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • If you trip to reach out to a district manager you would usually get zero help (in 36 reviews)

• Employees working alone with no assistance (in 33 reviews)

1. Good overall

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

If you like working alone, you do it often. Good pay. Friendly management.

Cons

It can get kind of busy when you're alone.

2. store manager

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

The company is very easy to work with, and if you understand retail, it is very easy to move up and do well in. The bonus program is simple and easy to achieve. The discount is incredible and very helpful to have especially when your only major dress code requirement is to bathe yourself in jewelry.

Cons

The company is not very large in sales volume, but is a very well known company all over the world. Personally it has more potential than what it is currently doing.

3. store manager

I worked at Claire's Stores full-time

Pros

small store to run enough hrs for management

Cons

not enough hours for part timers

5. Sales Associate

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time

Pros

- simple tasks which makes working there very easy - pay isn't commission based - only hire within the company which allows for people to expect promotions frequently (I'm getting promoted to keyholder after working there for only 2 months) - 401k plan

Cons

- piercing ears of small children & infants - managers take 90% of the hours - the look of the store has to be changed every 2 weeks

6. Good first job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

It was definitely a fun experience for me, and taught me a lot about what i needed to know in the retail field

Cons

Not enough hours, not a good choice for a long term career, not enough training

Advice to Management

Better enforcement of all training, especially piercing. i think the training is what lacked the most in the stores

7. It's decent for a first job.

Current Employee - Third Key in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Third Key in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can gain experience when it comes to customer service and it'll be great on your resume if your planning on furthering your education/knowledge in retail.

Cons

They do not have enough hours, part time is all they have available. Your less likely to get a promotion or raise, and depending on which location your at it can be very slow.

Sales associate

Former Employee - Sales in Belleville, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Belleville, IL

I worked at Claire's Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to interact with customers, and be a part of a team.

Cons

There we are a lot of quotas we had to meet and sometimes i felt they were unrealistic.

9. Store Manager

I worked at Claire's Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great discount on accessories, fun environment

Cons

Being employed in a female dominated industry can either be awesome or a nightmare, especially when RM, DM or higher could not keep their personal feelings separated from work life. Being on your feet for 8+ hours a day can be harder on your body the older hat you get, so be aware of he physical tole that any retail/service job might take on you.

Advice to Management

Stay out of any drama (which ALWAYS happens within the Claire's districts). Do the best to make your store the best it can be and don't get caught up in the competitive nature that is prevalent there. Be careful spreading your staff too thin to help out other stores. Learn to say no to protect your people and above all, treat EVERYONE on your staff with the respect that you would want for yourself. I witnessed several mangers get on a power trip at Claire's and treat their subordinates like dirt and then get surprised when the entire staff quits out from under them. Be good to your staff and they'll be good to you.

10. Pierce the ears of babies!

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Claire's Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the volume of the store I managed, the salary and benefits were decent. Other store managers and the District manager was easy to get a hold of and communicate with if there was ever an issue or question. Store discount was very generous. The company is fun and exciting - never a dull moment. If you hire the correct people a lot can be accomplished. You also get to pierce ears - it's mandatory! This can be a pro or con depending on your squeamishness! I considered it a pro - there is nothing sweeter than inflicting a tiny amount of legal pain on someone!

Cons

There are a lot of company rules/hoops to jump through if you want to discipline an employee. I caught an employee stealing merchandise and money, and another employee didn't lock the store up or set the alarm at closing - both were fired, but I had to wait over a week for action to be taken (meanwhile, who knows what else was taken)! The DM says they have your back (and they probably do!), but the company doesn't. There was also a "Say no to Plastic" campaign that erked me because the sign had to go in a plastic flyer stand, sit on a plastic counter and be surrounded by plastic jewelry - and if you bought the "say no to plastic" item, it would end up in the same plastic bag with everything else at checkout - just seemed a bit ridiculous and hypocritical! Slightly petty, yes! Also, it was easy to work 60+ hours a week!

Advice to Management

management was great! It's the company that needs to loosen the reigns a bit and trust the people they hire in management positions!

11. Work place

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

Fun environment, employee discounts, casual atmosphere

Cons

Low pay, work retail hours

Advice to Management

Consider employees idesa

RSS Feed </> Embed