Claire's Stores Reviews

1. Claires

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time

Pros

Great flexibility. Bonuses. You have a lot of fun seeing all the little girls come in and get excited when they see all our merchandise.

Cons

Can't take a vacation more than 7 days. Always work weekends. Sometimes you go 8 hrs without a break until the next person comes in.

Advice to Management

Better pay. More hours for all stores. It's hard to run a store when you can't even go to the restroom for 8 hours.

2. Third-key

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

working with children, 20% discount, acquired management skills, very independent job, its good as a part time job and its great if you need some extra cash, would of rather been a sales associate

Cons

left alone in store for the entire day with no breaks or lunch, too much work for very little pay, i was paid more as a cashier than this management job, not enough workers to do what is expected from management

Advice to Management

dont work for a company that is breaking the law and treating its workers like garbage, i ended up starving at the end of the night

3. Nice

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

easy flow with people. Nice Place

Cons

Nothing its smooth place to be working.

5. Over worked and under paid

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager

I worked at Claire's Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement The ability to be able to make decisions on your own. I have worked for this company for quite sometimes, and I love it but sometimes the cons outweigh the pros.

Cons

Not enough payroll hour to meet up with the companies high expectations for servicing customers and accomplishing tasks. Not having adequate store that meet the company set standards, unable to complete a floor set without consulting DSM due to having a horrible floor plan. Nothing will ever get fixed in this company it takes them weeks to have someone come and fix something in the store. They would rather have you open then worry about your safety in inclement weather. New "company" policy states that store have to open 10 minutes early(leaving most of us without even being able to go to the bank for change) and close 10 minutes later all without giving us additional payroll. When receiving yearly review your given literally the bare minimum of a raise( mine was 1% this year) literally 7cents an hour.

Advice to Management

Give all stores more payroll. Complaining about us not keeping a staff when we only get 93 hours of payroll for two full time people and three other staff members is harshly unfair.

6. Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Claire's Stores (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can easily grow within the company.

Cons

No work life balance store manager is basically a glorified sales associate and definitely under paid

Advice to Management

Needs to respect store manager opinions for better ways to driving results, after all we at managing the your store

Assistant manager

I worked at Claire's Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer a good discount to employees which makes it a lot more tempting to wear what you are selling.

Cons

company does not treat employees as people. Pay is terrible. Managements expected to do perfection with minimum time to do it.

Life at Claires

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

Meeting new people and helping customers..Fun environment, lots of smiling faces

Cons

Not very many work hours...Will have to work by yourself sometimes with no break reliever. More work involved than what youre getting paid for.

Advice to Management

We need more than one person closing at night...most closers are females and it can be very dangerous

Third Key Holder

Current Employee - Third Key Holder in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Third Key Holder in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few pros with working with this company which include: a great 50% off discount, being in the know of current trendy fashion, new product almost daily so the environment never gets boring, gaining the ability to pierce ears, and a dress code that encourages you to be yourself.

Cons

Overall with my work experience the cons out-weigh the pros by far. The company expects more and more out of the employees with giving the same pay, less hours, pilling on the task completion, wanting an increase in sales and customer interaction, having single coverage throughout the week, and no encouragement to do better. The company often cuts hours during the current week while already running on sparse coverage. The more I work here the more I feel less like a human and more like a slave for Claire's. They call our customers our "friends" but treat the employees like dirt. Any small reason they find to scold us they will, but yet when goals are being met and beyond nothing is said. They give no encouragement or reward for hard work, only punishment when they feel we aren't performing high enough. It just keeps getting worse and worse as the months go by. We have to do stock, clean the store, pierce the ears of screaming children, constantly pick up after messy unsupervised kids, ring sales, take night deposits often alone, keep up with sales, ADS, UPT, greet customers, do customer follow-up, and whatever else the district decides to through at us. They make the environment very stressful and suck all the fun out what I feel the job really could be. In my store I'm lucky enough to have great people to work with or I would not be there. We all feel that the company does not treat us well and are all wanting to get out as-soon-as-possible looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

Your employees are not happy. You need to start listening to them more. Happy employees will increase sales not the constant pilling of tasks and expectations with so little coverage. Making an employee excited to work is the best way to drive your sales. But so many of us are dragging our feet to clock in and counting down the time for us to clock back out. Stop with the single coverage throughout peek times during the day. I have had so many people get mad at me because I am trying to pierce a fussy child's ears while they are waiting to check out. Also with single coverage, a lot of ear-piercings walk-out. Either because they don't want to wait or because they want a double done and that's not an option with one worker. That's why eps have gone so down this year in my opinion. Our dm suggested we go out to daycares and preschools to drive ep sales. That is so unacceptable to ask of employees. That is time off the clock and if we wreck the company would not take responsibility because it was on our own time. The new CEO is a joke in my opinion. :)

Stay Away!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Claire's Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Claire's is a good job for girls under the age of 25 that has no real life responsibilities, other than that stay away.

Cons

Claire's looks so pretty on the outside but in actuality its hell. It's nothing but mindless girls in their younger and older twenties, running the store and running good workers away because of there sense of entitlement. They don't pay good but expect you to wear there low-quality jewelry. They have nothing but little girls in management positions who either don't know nothing or the ones who think they know it all. My manager was years younger than me and she had a huge ego and she had no sense of reality. The girl's you work with are so immature. The manager would always try to threaten people with a corrective action. The changing of the schedule right in the middle of the week was very inconsiderate. Expecting people to work doubles was the norm and if you couldn't you would get a final corrective. Having to work off the clock was so unlawful and frustrating. Being micro-managed daily made one feel as if they couldn't breathe. The manager having random people come into the store to watch you and to make sure you wasn't doing anything wrong doing your shift was weird and uncomfortable. The sales associates get maybe 6 hours a week. Furthermore, even though I was the assistant manager the manager never consulted with me about anything.

Advice to Management

I don't know about every manager but I know about mine. She is arrogant and condescending. She had a nasty attitude and no sense of reality. She was extremely conniving and untrustworthy. Although she somehow convinced the district manager and regional manager that she is amazing manager who cares. Well she lied cause she pretends when they come around. My advice is to treat your employees with respect. Do not cuss at us. Stop gossiping about us to other managers. Stop sending your homegirls in the store to spy. Have some common sense. Stop threatening people with corrective actions. Stop picking and choosing what policies and procedures you want to and don't want to follow. Have some consideration and stop micro-managing. Also, stop changing people clock in and clock out time, that's time fraud. Lastly, when the district and regional managers come to visit they should talk to the employees about there experience. They so focused on asking what do 'diamonds' and 'guest' stand for. Wake up people! Y'all might be living the good life but many of us are living paycheck to paycheck.

11. Good job where positive attitudes are a must

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

Fast paced. Most important things are a positive interaction with customers and driving sales.

Cons

Too much to do in a day. High expectations that are at times unreasonable.

Advice to Management

Create a positive atmosphere for your employees to make the days more enjoyable for them and the customers.

RSS Feed </> Embed