Clarabridge

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Clarabridge Co-Founder & CEO Sid Banerjee

Sid Banerjee

Unfair work environment

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

ProsExcellent market position and high growth
CEO and CTO are both very bright and dedicated
Annual Company Sponsored trip to Caribbean (If sales are met)
Free fruit and drinks in Kitchen

ConsClarabridge is in a weird position because it is a in a very hot market. This means the company is growing rapidly and you could probably bring in a small troupe of chimpanzees to manage the company and it would still grow amazingly fast. In fact morale would probably skyrocket because the hands off and spirited management style of chimpanzees would trump the leadership style of Clarabridge middle & senior management. While the dung flinging of the chimps might pose a problem for those of us who fail to befriend the chimps, it would still be an upgrade from the bullying, intimidation, incompetence and pathological lying we face daily. We could train the bobonos to go out to grab our lunches and hand feed us while we work. The chimps could even be enticed to help out marketing so they don't have to work 13.5 hours a day with a daily tribute of cookies and mountain dew.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify and start firing your hostile managers and replace them with real leaders

Seriously just put out one survey to us to see what we think of our managers

Changes need to happen if this company wants to continue to grow and thrive

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Clarabridge full-time

ProsCompany happy hours, Philanthropy events, snacks

ConsManagement has their favorites and if you aren't one of them don't count on getting a promotion or raise. Not much room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and be fair.

Best text analytics company in VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat location, awesome people, good management team, incredible opportunities.

ConsCan't think of any cons to this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating your employees well and they will reciprocate.

It Doesn't Get Much Better!

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSimply put, this company is amazing; and the commitment from leadership to both employees and customers is unequaled. I have enjoyed the challenges and rewards since I started and believe there is a ton of opportunity for growth as the CEM Analytics space is maturing.

ConsLots of changes over the last 12 months have been tough for some and has resulted in turnover in sales and services. Laggards wash out quickly. Travel can be burdensome, but the company is pretty flexible when it comes to working from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet some of the dust settle before implementing too many changes in early 2013 and continue to focus on customer satisfaction...it's working and working very well.

My favorite company to date

Sales/Marketing (Current Employee)
Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time for less than a year

ProsSmall company flexibility with ace management team.
Incredibly friendly, laid back environment.
100% of the staff is professional and driven.
Upper management is always there to help you when you need it.
Fun activities, free snacks, drinks and occasional meals at the office.
Ability to work with, and learn from, customers from across the Fortune 500

ConsIts a small company, so you need to be willing to take on unexpected challenges.
A lot of the company travels often, so you don't get to see your coworkers in the office every day.
The company is growing so there are a lot of changes, but mostly they're for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Very poor sales leadership

Sales - Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Clarabridge

ProsGreat product - will grow rapidly despite lack of sales strategy
Some very nice people to work with
Team environment, most are willing to support you with opportunities
Start-up culture

ConsTechnically sales lead
Unrealistic technical expectations on sales staff
Sales management are not from an software or services background
Boot camp is taken far too seriously
Parent / child relationships

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace sales management - Current leaders from recruitment and telco background
Focus more effort on communicating business value not functions and features
Greater support to sales required to cover technical elements of the solution

Suffers from morale issues; unfair/unequal treatment of employees overall

Sales Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Clarabridge

ProsClarabridge has little competition right now so they are able to grow the business more easily. Their numbers are great because there is very little head-to-head competition, so customers looking for customer experience management solutions won't find too many beyond Clarabridge.

ConsIf a more formidable competitor were to evolve in this space, their sales would absolutely suffer. Also this company has a kind of distant management style that's hard to warm up to. There's a lot of "rah-rah-rah" going on but it just doesn't feel real. Also, in sales, they use an industry vertical approach, which means some sales reps will naturally be more successful than others. (I.e., retail eats up customer experience measurement tools, so the person managing the retail vertical will enjoy a higher degree of success, receive more accolades and get promoted more often than the poor (but equally-qualified) schmo responsible for the same number on a more challenging, difficult vertical.)

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees equally. Correct unbalanced challenges. Be genuine with your support and concern. Hire executive-level people who really care. Empower them to ensure the morale is high on the sales team. Kick jerks to the curb.

Great place to work, plenty of growth opportunities and fast paced.

I have been working at Clarabridge

ProsClarabridge is fast paced and constantly evolving. Employees with drive and initiative can create their own opportunities as the company grows and expands. The mixture of technologies give consultants a unique and valuable skill set.

The customer base is a testament to good core technology and vision. We have the opportunity to work with the biggest, best companies in the world.

ConsNot metro accessible. Internal training and development can be streamlined. Overall Clarabridge is a young, growing entity so employees seeking "big company" policy and procedures will have to wait.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on high employee and customer engagement.

Cool startup!

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Clarabridge

ProsWonderful people to work with. Company seems to be going in good direction. Seems like many companies are very interested in text-mining and have had pretty successful feedback. Pay is very good especially for a startup.

ConsFood in cafeteria not exactly healthy. Neither is the Cosmos Cafe found in the same building. A lot of the software development team is located offshore so it is hard to communicate with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up good work!

Fantastic product and great company in a hot market space

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStrong and continuously evolving product that is focused on meeting its customers needs. Leader in the CEM (Customer Experience Management) space. Fantastic customers.

ConsTypical growing pains of a company that has expanded so quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to internal as well as external customers

Worked for Clarabridge? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clarabridge reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clarabridge CEO Sid Banerjee. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Clarabridge employees.