Clarabridge Reviews

Sid Banerjee

1. Featured Review

Smart Ambitious Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with - my team is a group of smart, ambitious, FUN people who I learn from and am challenged by every day. I am really proud to work for Clarabridge and very excited to be a part of the excitement.

Cons

With any hyper-growth tech company there is some chaos - lots of change, lots of new faces, lots of new process - change-averse, less-adaptable people might not handle these challenges very well.

Over-communicate on goals, strategy, vision, direction and keep investing in your people.

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for your feedback. We're so glad you're enjoying your experience #beingClarabridge and have embraced the hyper-growth, adaptable culture we have tried to cultivate and encourage. It-- and ... More

Become an expert in an area you choose

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Before Clarabridge I always worked at larger companies. Clarabridge has always seemed to me to provide better opportunities for picking your favorite spot and growing as much as you want. (I've been here for more than five years.) I've never felt pigeonholed at Clarabridge as I did at several earlier and larger companies in my career.

Cons

Clarabridge is past the point of being a small company, so it's more difficult than before to sense you are part of the company as a whole. For example, at the HQ in Reston, Virginia, sales types tend to hang out with sales types, finance people tend to go to lunch with finance people. That's only natural, but it is a noticeable change from Clarabridge's earliest years. The excellent, new facilities (again, speaking about HQ in Reston) do provide opportunities for cross team mingling (e.g. the two nice break rooms, the gym). In conclusion I guess the camraderie that came naturally in earlier years now requires conscious, sustained, out-of-your-comfort-zone effort to achieve.

The biggest gap I've noted is a long term absence of any kind of *institutionalized* reward, motivation, reimbursement or incentive to grow in your professional domain. Clarabridge does have a mention in its new culture code indicating that the company and its employees will value skills growth, personal growth, team growth, etc. And of course it's always an employee's responsibility to seek training and innovative learning opportunities even more than it is any company's responsibility. I do know this issue is a common employee concern, and that it is recognized and is being addressed by the executive team.

Mar 11, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for your review! Clarabridge is growing quickly, but we're committed to continuing to encourage flexibility and internal movement within the company-- no silos here! Our growth also means ... More

Never have I worked for an organization that provides such an amazing work environment!

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-culture
    -people
    -constant education
    -flexible work environment
    -incredible offices
    -company values and beliefs
    -constructive feedback from management
    -benefits
    -close to metro (Silver line)
    -the opportunity to work with incredibly talented people
    -compensation
    -casual dress

Cons

If you're adverse to a vivacious culture and constant buzzing work environment this may be a con.

The worst part of this job is that I have to drive into the sun every day to get to the office.

Please keep doing what you are doing! I enjoy working with the T&C team and absolutely love the managers in delivery.

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for your feedback! Our people are our #1 investment and we're so glad that our efforts to keep Clarabridge as a Best Place to Work are paying off! We're not done yet, though-- big things are ... More

I pinch myself every morning...

Current Employee - Anonymous in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I started working for Clarabridge a year ago as a contractor. I never thought I would actually go back to work full-time – I loved the flexibility of being a contractor and seeing different office environments. But after contracting for Clarabridge for a month, I realized I didn’t want to leave. It was the best of both worlds: a fast paced job with lots of self-satisfaction, and in an environment where work/life balance was completely embraced and encouraged. I knew a company like Clararbidge does not come around often, and at that point I made it my mission to make a name, and get hired on full time. Luckily, it happened! One of the best attributes of Clarabridge is their culture – that is at least what won me over. Ex. They have completely gutted their headquarters and renovated it, giving it a “west coast, Silicon Valley” feel where team work and collaboration is encouraged; where you throw ideas around and on the walls (literally). They hire self-motivated professionals, the best of the best – no longer am I questioning how hard one of my colleagues is working. We are all working as equally as hard. And when I have a doctor’s appointment, or need to have a repair done at my house, working from home is no problem.

Cons

Clarabridge is going through a solid growth phase and heavily investing in hiring, so plans change and adjust quite often. People who are nimble, open minded, and adaptable usually do fine with it.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Reviews like this make us smile. We truly feel like Clarabridge is an incredibly special to work and we're glad you feel the same! Thanks for sharing!

6. Growth and Innovation

Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge

Pros

Clarabridge is an innovative and and growing company that cares for it's clients and employees. They do a great job of making employees feel that they are truly making an impact on the daily operations and success of the organization. They work hard and play hard as well providing employees with fun events and rewards to thank employees for their hard work as well as provide opportunities to grow and learn with the company alongside of nice, intelligent mentors and co-workers.

Cons

I sincerely cannot think of any cons.

Keep making employees feel like number one and you too will be number one.

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Bringing in top talent and amazing people who will help build our product AND our culture is absolutely essential and we're so glad that you're loving the work environment here (we do too!). Thanks ... More

Great Company to Work For!

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced technology company with great culture

Cons

Lots of changes but brininging on a lot of new opportunities

Continue supporting staff and encouraging an innovative work environment

Jun 23, 2014Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for writing! The Clarabridge Talent and Culture team is constantly working to innovate and improve our culture, benefits, and work environment. Exciting things are coming just down the road ... More

Don't believe the crap - this is a great company doing great things.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has good vision, continues to execute well, has a market leading product, strong leadership across sales, services, finance, marketing, and technology, and for ambitious, no-drama professionals with a desire to build a great company - provides employees with fantastic career growth and opportunities.

Company has continued to out compete much bigger competitors, and offers a unique "multichannel" solution for collecting and interpreting customer feedback from a wide range of customer interaction platforms - making it a natural choice for large companies across retail, telecom, technology, banking and other sectors.

Cons

Entitled whiners who expect rapid promotions after 1-2 years, perhaps after getting trophies all their lives for showing up, will be disappointed - this is a place where you earn respect, responsibility, and where your actions and commitment to follow through, creating customer and company value, working well with your peers, being constructive, and NOT whining matter.

Technology is constantly being pushed to new levels of performance due to continuous "big data' requirements, more sources, and more rapid, real time processing needs. Employees need to be comfortable working at the cutting edge of business and technology innovation. Those expecting a simple, predictable work environment will be disappointed. You can't "dial it in" here.

Keep building culture, You have created a "best place to work" for a reason - keep up the great efforts. Accentuate the positive, Keep hiring a mix of smart and talented people from all walks and levels of life. Build on the momentum you've created so far. And never fail to believe you've solved all problems - every day is a new challenge, competitor, market opportunity. Don't let disgruntled employees distract you from your much grander mission than theirs. .

Jun 23, 2014Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for writing! We place a high emphasis on listening and responding to the Voice of the Employee, so we’re always happy to hear what current Clarabridgers have to say about their day-to-day ... More

Company Spiraling Downwards

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For the actual content and significance of the work you do, you will make a nice salary. Add in the flexible work schedule, the copious amounts of free food left over from training and meetings, and the generally high spirits in the office (almost certainly disingenuous, but hey, who cares?), and the place can be a decent place to work.

Cons

Take everything that was mentioned as a pro for this job and, assuming you've been at the company longer than the 6-9 month period it takes for the coolness of a new job to wear off and assuming you aren't a mindless corporate soldier, throw it out the window.

Being as no one in college has even the slightest hint at what text analytics is, the interview process is almost exclusively selling you on the work environment. They have a few levers they try to pull during the process - a lot of youth in the company, a medium-size technology corporation that operates like a fun start-up, relatively quick promotions, experience working with some of the largest companies in the world - yet they never really tell you what you'll actually be doing. As a result of this interview process, be prepared to work with a lot of individuals that really should be bagging up your recent Macy's purchase. The intelligence found in almost every employee you'll interact with is perplexingly limited. Though this could simply be a problem at all medium to large companies.

Also, the state of the company preached by executives and the actual state of the company could not be more unaligned. You are bombarded from the interview process into your position at Clarabridge with constant reminders of how great Clarabridge is, how successful it is, how many deals it's closing, how much they control the CEM market space (which, of course, is self-proclaimed), how they just secured some new equity financing, and so on and so forth. Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of corporate finance could see that, contrary to the overwhelming feeling in the office, it really doesn't seem very likely that Clarabridge is turning a profit. Especially considering that revenue growth is the only widespread corporate initiative (and a failing one), with literally no conversation about curbing the out-of-control expenses (such as hiring a VP of Training that oversees 3 people total - a manager and two employees underneath)

If you are simply looking for a job with good pay, decent perks, and a somewhat fun/youthful environment, Clarabridge can be a good fit for you. All I will say is that if you are fortunate enough to have other offers or do not absolutely need the money, really take a thorough look at Clarabridge to see if it's right for you.

Every executive should have a better sense of where the company stands in the market space. Get rid of the irrational, pom-pom waving executives (ahem, marketing), and approach corporate decisions more pragmatically. Continuously patting yourself on the back with your self-proclaimed successes does nothing to improve your current house of cards. Actually, don't bother, because I doubt that Clarabridge will last very long once it goes public, as investors will finally get a peek at those depressing financial statements. Sell your shares wisely.

Jun 23, 2014Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thank you for taking the time to open up about your experience working with Clarabridge. Creating an environment where each of our team members can flourish is the single highest priority of the ... More

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fast paced, great technology, industry leader

Cons

sometime misguided by upper management

keep doing what you are doing but be open about it to whole company

Jun 23, 2014Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for your review! We’re always eager to hear what current employees have to say about life, work, and anything else Clarabridge-related, so we really appreciate the time you took to share your ... More

Awful Work Environment

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People like to talk about the free snacks - but seriously? That's probably the only thing about working there, especially if you like junk food.

Cons

The people are awful. Okay, not all of them, but most of them.

80% are recent college graduates and most probably graduated from college in the past 3 years. They all like to think they are smarter than you when in reality, they are the epitome of all the millenial articles that are being written today.

Not once in the time i've been working here have I really had an honest conversation with management. They like to talk about the "open-door" policy - but really there is not.

Stop hiring recent college graduates. Hire people with real experience and then actually try to develop them.