Clarabridge

Sid Banerjee

1. Featured Review

Smart Ambitious Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with - my team is a group of smart, ambitious, FUN people who I learn from and am challenged by every day. I am really proud to work for Clarabridge and very excited to be a part of the excitement.

Cons

With any hyper-growth tech company there is some chaos - lots of change, lots of new faces, lots of new process - change-averse, less-adaptable people might not handle these challenges very well.

Over-communicate on goals, strategy, vision, direction and keep investing in your people.

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for your feedback. We're so glad you're enjoying your experience #beingClarabridge and have embraced the hyper-growth, adaptable culture we have tried to cultivate and encourage. It-- and ... More

Become an expert in an area you choose

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Before Clarabridge I always worked at larger companies. Clarabridge has always seemed to me to provide better opportunities for picking your favorite spot and growing as much as you want. (I've been here for more than five years.) I've never felt pigeonholed at Clarabridge as I did at several earlier and larger companies in my career.

Cons

Clarabridge is past the point of being a small company, so it's more difficult than before to sense you are part of the company as a whole. For example, at the HQ in Reston, Virginia, sales types tend to hang out with sales types, finance people tend to go to lunch with finance people. That's only natural, but it is a noticeable change from Clarabridge's earliest years. The excellent, new facilities (again, speaking about HQ in Reston) do provide opportunities for cross team mingling (e.g. the two nice break rooms, the gym). In conclusion I guess the camraderie that came naturally in earlier years now requires conscious, sustained, out-of-your-comfort-zone effort to achieve.

The biggest gap I've noted is a long term absence of any kind of *institutionalized* reward, motivation, reimbursement or incentive to grow in your professional domain. Clarabridge does have a mention in its new culture code indicating that the company and its employees will value skills growth, personal growth, team growth, etc. And of course it's always an employee's responsibility to seek training and innovative learning opportunities even more than it is any company's responsibility. I do know this issue is a common employee concern, and that it is recognized and is being addressed by the executive team.

Clarabridge - great product, awesome people and leadership that really cares about their customers and employees

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

CLarabridge leadership listens and works with their employees to support the needs of the cutomer. Clarabridge provides a very positive work experience, good teaming environment, where no one operates in a silo. Every employee I've met wants to help you succeed in your job. Management really cares about their employees and having an open door policy was amazing to see the CEO really care about his teams.

Cons

Office space is limited and reserving a conference room is combersome.

More office space

I pinch myself every morning...

Current Employee - Anonymous in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I started working for Clarabridge a year ago as a contractor. I never thought I would actually go back to work full-time – I loved the flexibility of being a contractor and seeing different office environments. But after contracting for Clarabridge for a month, I realized I didn’t want to leave. It was the best of both worlds: a fast paced job with lots of self-satisfaction, and in an environment where work/life balance was completely embraced and encouraged. I knew a company like Clararbidge does not come around often, and at that point I made it my mission to make a name, and get hired on full time. Luckily, it happened! One of the best attributes of Clarabridge is their culture – that is at least what won me over. Ex. They have completely gutted their headquarters and renovated it, giving it a “west coast, Silicon Valley” feel where team work and collaboration is encouraged; where you throw ideas around and on the walls (literally). They hire self-motivated professionals, the best of the best – no longer am I questioning how hard one of my colleagues is working. We are all working as equally as hard. And when I have a doctor’s appointment, or need to have a repair done at my house, working from home is no problem.

Cons

Clarabridge is going through a solid growth phase and heavily investing in hiring, so plans change and adjust quite often. People who are nimble, open minded, and adaptable usually do fine with it.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Reviews like this make us smile. We truly feel like Clarabridge is an incredibly special to work and we're glad you feel the same! Thanks for sharing!

Never have I worked for an organization that provides such an amazing work environment!

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-culture
    -people
    -constant education
    -flexible work environment
    -incredible offices
    -company values and beliefs
    -constructive feedback from management
    -benefits
    -close to metro (Silver line)
    -the opportunity to work with incredibly talented people
    -compensation
    -casual dress

Cons

If you're adverse to a vivacious culture and constant buzzing work environment this may be a con.

The worst part of this job is that I have to drive into the sun every day to get to the office.

Please keep doing what you are doing! I enjoy working with the T&C team and absolutely love the managers in delivery.

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for your feedback! Our people are our #1 investment and we're so glad that our efforts to keep Clarabridge as a Best Place to Work are paying off! We're not done yet, though-- big things are ... More

Growth and Innovation

Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge

Pros

Clarabridge is an innovative and and growing company that cares for it's clients and employees. They do a great job of making employees feel that they are truly making an impact on the daily operations and success of the organization. They work hard and play hard as well providing employees with fun events and rewards to thank employees for their hard work as well as provide opportunities to grow and learn with the company alongside of nice, intelligent mentors and co-workers.

Cons

I sincerely cannot think of any cons.

Keep making employees feel like number one and you too will be number one.

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Bringing in top talent and amazing people who will help build our product AND our culture is absolutely essential and we're so glad that you're loving the work environment here (we do too!). Thanks ... More

Take the good with the bad

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting products, exploding market, customers see tangible value, smart people for the most part, hip in a geeky way, the technology is capable of real insight for customers.

Cons

The culture is very closed door. Lots of politics for a small company. Senior management has that "smartest person in the room" attitude - mainly condescending but sometimes outright rude - to both employees and customers. Sr. Management is literally obsessed with one or two main competitors instead of focusing on market leadership through true innovation. The company constantly gets in its own way. Pay and stock options are barely just so-so and not at all commensurate with effort / contribution / performance.

Fix the culture and incentives, treat employees with respect (not just superficially) and get out of the way so the smart, experienced team members can thrive - and line your pockets.

Jan 13, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Culture is among the top priorities for Clarabridge, so we take your feedback very seriously. We survey our employees regularly, and although culture always ranks as our highest attribute, we ... More

Fast Growing and Innovative

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This place is a leader in the CEM field. Great benefits and compensation. Not only are they working hard to impress and deliver an amazing product to their customers but they are also doing the same for their employees. Don't listen to the reviews complaining about management. The company is making sure they bring in the best and most experienced talent, it's not about personality or who you know. They acquired Market Metrix this year and though there have been some bumps with the acquisition they are working hard to make sure everyone feels valued and a part of one team. I love the people I work with. They are extremely intelligent, motivated, and some of the most dedicated people I've met.

Cons

With any company there are always things people wished they could change, no company is perfect; but the cons are so insignificant they're not even worth mentioning.

Keep focusing on the two things that matter: your employees and your customers.

Jan 13, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

We’re so glad you’re enjoying your time at Clarabridge! Employee feedback helps us keep a pulse on what we’re doing well and where we can be better, so we really appreciate you sharing your ... More

Great concept, but disappointing overall

I have been working at Clarabridge

Pros

Great concept of product we are providing to customers.

Cons

Compensation is horrible and not in line with industry. Recognition is non-existent. Management thinks the benefits are amazing, but employees feel differently.

treat people like they aren't just machines and actually have good ideas.

Jan 13, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. As a feedback company, we appreciate your input, the good and the bad. We’re sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with our company thus ... More

Turnover!

I worked at Clarabridge

Pros

Company had some relatively good perks. Convenient office space (next to the metro, right off the toll road), decent pay, formerly they had a company wide yearly trip to a tropical location (as they grew this would inevitably be limited to a "Presidents Club"), tons of snacks/soda, access to a gym (albeit a bit small, but always empty so you could get a good workout in). The CEO is a great leader and a nice guy. I know saying the latter part of that makes him look soft, but he was genuinely a guy you wanted to work hard for because he treated all employees with respect.

Cons

There is a total disconnect between the upper management, sans the CEO and a handful of other people (almost all of them outside of sales), and the general employees. It is a case of my way is the right way! Which obviously promotes little to no creativity. The sales story they give is different than reality, and the reason why they have well over 50% turnover on the team this year alone. READ THAT AGAIN! I don't care what you are selling, you are not going to succeed if you cannot keep employees. Sales Management cannot retain them for a reason (which it would be difficult to point to just one, but most of the blame has to fall on them). Lastly no matter what they say, this space is saturated with players both big and small and the F1000 companies they target often prefer to do this in-house which will limit their growth. IF they become a publicly traded company, I would be curious to see their numbers. The amount of customers they say they have vs. the revenue coming in doesn't match. Recruiting does bring in fresh talent....but what company in this area doesn't do this/claim they have the brightest talent working for them.

The CEO/Board will have to address the sales structure. The model they have in place does not work!

Jan 13, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Clarabridge is proud to provide a positive work environment where creativity and accountability are encouraged. Also, we hear what you’re saying about turnover, but your numbers are off. Our ... More