Clarabridge Reviews

Reset
1.0
Clarabridge Co-Founder & CEO Sid Banerjee
Sid Banerjee

Pros
  • fast paced, great technology, industry leader (in 4 reviews)

• That company has continued to be successful, growing strongly, and continuing to win accolades for its culture (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of changes but brininging on a lot of new opportunities (in 2 reviews)

• There is no one to trust anymore (in 2 reviews)

Stressful and no communication

Former Employee - Analyst, Web-based Software, Client Services in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some interesting benefits, good location in their SF office.

Cons

This company acts like a start up but can't afford to continue to do so. Their dysfunction is now exposed to their clients leaving them frustrated and switching vendors. The turnover is high and long term employees are now leaving them. Management is cocky and do not take employees ideas into account. Salaries are below market.

Advice to Management

Improve your communication

Clarabridge Response

Jun 1, 2015 – Talent Brand Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review. You’ve touched on some very critical issues for us as a company, and so we’d like to take the opportunity to address them individually. Process and Structure ... More

Great place to learn bad management style

Former Employee - Consultant in Larkspur, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Larkspur, CA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are couple of nice folks within the company otherwise I wouldn't have nothing to write under this section

Cons

it won't take you ages to realize that you are at the wrong place when you see how badly teams are being managed.

Advice to Management

Change your leaders because having a Mini "Markettools" gang wont bring you much other than paying hefty salaries, which then pushes the CEO to send an email selling the idea of "Less Folks, Happy Customers". Its great to see employees being reduced just to afford paying ex Markettools employees :))

Awful Work Environment

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People like to talk about the free snacks - but seriously? That's probably the only thing about working there, especially if you like junk food.

Cons

The people are awful. Okay, not all of them, but most of them. 80% are recent college graduates and most probably graduated from college in the past 3 years. They all like to think they are smarter than you when in reality, they are the epitome of all the millenial articles that are being written today. Not once in the time i've been working here have I really had an honest conversation with management. They like to talk about the "open-door" policy - but really there is not.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring recent college graduates. Hire people with real experience and then actually try to develop them.

Work Place that Feels like High School

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food and drinks, free trip if company goal is met

Cons

It feels like high school - bunch of cliques around the office. Or worse yet, a college frat/sorority. Too bad for you if don't fit in or not in your 20s and like to party in Arlington. Because that's how you become part of the in crowd.. join their kickball team and go out drinking on Thursday night, so you can't come into work on Friday and come in hungover. Recruitment is done for recent college graduate - which mean a bunch of entitled millenials thinking they will get a raise and promotion within 6 months.

Clarabridge (Fit in or GTFO)

Former Employee - Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company provides snacks, happy hours and quarterly events

Cons

Fit in or Get the F out, literally. If they don't like you..it is inevitable that you will get pushed out, but guess what? There is NOTHING you can do about it.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the people you have in "Management" and "Executive" roles and reevaluate if they are actually qualified and capable to be a fair leader who is focused on Clarabridge growing and moving forward, not their own agenda.

Unfair work environment

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Excellent market position and high growth CEO and CTO are both very bright and dedicated Annual Company Sponsored trip to Caribbean (If sales are met) Free fruit and drinks in Kitchen

Cons

Clarabridge is in a weird position because it is a in a very hot market. This means the company is growing rapidly and you could probably bring in a small troupe of chimpanzees to manage the company and it would still grow amazingly fast. In fact morale would probably skyrocket because the hands off and spirited management style of chimpanzees would trump the leadership style of Clarabridge middle & senior management. While the dung flinging of the chimps might pose a problem for those of us who fail to befriend the chimps, it would still be an upgrade from the bullying, intimidation, incompetence and pathological lying we face daily. We could train the bobonos to go out to grab our lunches and hand feed us while we work. The chimps could even be enticed to help out marketing so they don't have to work 13.5 hours a day with a daily tribute of cookies and mountain dew.

Advice to Management

Identify and start firing your hostile managers and replace them with real leaders Seriously just put out one survey to us to see what we think of our managers

Bonus

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None to make it simple

Cons

Tons like management changing bonus agreements

Advice to Management

Change and be loyal before you expect loyalty from your employees

Very poor sales leadership

Current Employee - Sales - Account Executive in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Sales - Account Executive in Reston, VA

Pros

Great product - will grow rapidly despite lack of sales strategy Some very nice people to work with Team environment, most are willing to support you with opportunities Start-up culture

Cons

Technically sales lead Unrealistic technical expectations on sales staff Sales management are not from an software or services background Boot camp is taken far too seriously Parent / child relationships

Advice to Management

Replace sales management - Current leaders from recruitment and telco background Focus more effort on communicating business value not functions and features Greater support to sales required to cover technical elements of the solution

Would not work at MM

Former Employee - Director in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Rafael, CA

Pros

Leading provider of technology for industry

Cons

Unreliable information, lacks transparency. Management lacks professional attitude

Advice to Management

Be open and honest to prospects

Spiraling out of Control

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There used to be a lot of reasons to work at Clarabridge but we seem to be going downhill in a big way. Some of the reasons included the people, the environment, company trips, free snacks and drinks (still have these). Now, management huddles in their offices all day and isn't in touch with what we want. The hope of a trip isn't enough anymore for us to want to stay.

Cons

The Management team seems more focused on their own needs and how they can force us to believe what they want. There is no one to trust anymore. You never know when you might be fired and they seem to take care of the ones that aren't really doing anything and there are alot of secrets. We used to feel like they cared about what we want but now we know the truth. The Management Team doesn't get along and they all talk to us about each other. CEO is unfocused, isn't in touch with reality and is too nice. Leader of Sales...well, we aren't sure what he does all day. Leader of Services is in a bad mood alot and stomps around. CFO works about 2 hours a day. CTO is the only one worth anything. Most employees are looking for new positions outside the company but hoping they will sell first so we can get what we earned.

Advice to Management

Sell the company already

RSS Feed </> Embed