Clarabridge Reviews

54 reviews filtered by
4.2
Clarabridge Co-Founder & CEO Sid Banerjee
Sid Banerjee

Pros
  • Leader in the CEM (Customer Experience Management) space (in 4 reviews)

• Free snacks, great location and that's about it (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of changes but brininging on a lot of new opportunities (in 2 reviews)

• Also this company has a kind of distant management style that's hard to warm up to (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Smart Ambitious Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with - my team is a group of smart, ambitious, FUN people who I learn from and am challenged by every day. I am really proud to work for Clarabridge and very excited to be a part of the excitement.

Cons

With any hyper-growth tech company there is some chaos - lots of change, lots of new faces, lots of new process - change-averse, less-adaptable people might not handle these challenges very well.

Over-communicate on goals, strategy, vision, direction and keep investing in your people.

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for your feedback. We're so glad you're enjoying your experience #beingClarabridge and have embraced the hyper-growth, adaptable culture we have tried to cultivate and encourage. It-- and ... More

2. Choose your own adventure

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great work life balance. We work hard, but everyone is flexible if you need to move things around for kids or appointments. I've never had to miss anything important because of work.
    -Constant change. The good of this is that you get to do a lot of different things. If you're ambitious and a quick learner, you can quickly pick up a diverse range of skills by helping with a wide range of products.
    -Great people. Everyone I work with is smart, motivated, and wants to be there.
    -Big enough to have resources, but small enough to be close with everyone. As we've grown over the past couple of years, we've been able to get more and more in terms of customers and resources. However, Clarabridge has done a great job of making it still feel like a smallish startup.
    -Cool technology. You get to work with cool technology that is somewhat unique.
    -Unlimited vacation! There's not much more to say about that.
    -Great HR/Talent staff. I can tell they really do spend a lot of time thinking about how to make our lives better.
    -Near the metro. Being on the Silver Line makes Reston commutable.

Cons

-Constant change. The bad of this is that it can make things feel unstable. It's been tough as we've changed processes and changed corporate structure. It's for the best, but it has created uncertainty at times.
    -No well defined career path. This is both awesome and bad. On one hand, you can acquire the skills to work in whatever part of the organization you want (assuming you prove yourself valuable). On the other, it can be difficult not knowing what you're working towards.

As we get bigger, continue to instill the Clarabridge culture in new employees.

Mar 27, 2015Talent Brand Specialist

Part of what defines our culture is the fact that our employees thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment so we do our best to make sure life at Clarabridge always stays interesting. Increased ... More

3. Fascinating/Insightful/Enjoyable place to work

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Clarabridge is a great place to work. Not only is the data we work with fascinating, but the tools we have bring meaningful insight to our clients and allow them to not only adjust their business to address longstanding and emerging trends/problems, but also recognize outstanding performance.

Cons

Multiple office locations creates a communication challenge and can sometimes feel like the company is comprised of silos. There are efforts underway to address this and to do a better job of fostering a team environment across the multiple locations.

Listen to all of your employees, not just the ones you personally know or sit near. Act on their feedback; don't just listen.

Mar 27, 2015Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for your feedback! We are working hard to make sure that ALL our employees feel connected to the Clarabridge mission, product, culture, and brand and we're glad our efforts are starting to ... More

I have been working in the Engineering Department at Clarabridge for several years

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

- New technologies - We get to work with new technologies and new tools at a great pace. Our Engineering and Product teams constantly are on the lookout for new ways of doing things.
    - Adaptability - Clarabridge has grown quickly over the last 5 years, but maintains a small-company mindset when it comes to the speed of innovation, change, and the expectation that we need to be at the leading edge of adoption, comprehension, and use of new tools and technologies, from big data management to new methods in Natural Language Processing
    - A body of employees that cares about the company - The majority of employees I have interacted with during my time at Clarabridge care not only for their own areas of responsibility, but also for how the company grows, leads, and reacts both internally and externally. To that end, there is a mentality to seek improvement which makes Clarabridge a great place to be.
    - A corporate leadership that cares about the employees - With a company full of people who care about how the company does, what it means, and what it is like within the company, as well as the reputation it earns outside the company it has also been great to have a supportive, and enabling corporate leadership - pointing the direction to great opportunity, and encouraging strategic and tactical successes that make employees feel good, and make customers happy,
    - Comfortable atmosphere - Working at the HQ office, I have seen constant changes to make employees more comfortable, which makes them happier and more productive. From restructuring leave accrual, to a pool table in the lounge area.

Cons

Working with so many clever and innovative people, it can be hard to stand out as the 'smartest guy in the room'
    Also, sometimes the top deck of the parking area is closed due to snow cover. :)

Keep enabling success at every level of the company. With growth comes the difficulty of ensuring each voice is heard.
    Keep innovating and trying new things, even if each attempt is not a complete success, it is the attitude to constantly push forward that has made Clarabridge what it is.

Mar 19, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you're loving life at Clarabridge, and we promise that we'll continue working hard to keep this place a Best Place to Work!

6. Dream Job

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clarabridge is a dream job to me because it allows me to work a somewhat flexible schedule so that I can attend my child's school and sporting events. I am challenged every day and my job never gets stale. In addition, it is a very fast paced working environment so there isn't a chance to get bored. I really enjoy working in this environment and being part of the team of this fast - growing company. Team - another aspect of Clarabridge that I really like -- we are all one team, working toward the same goals. We are supportive of each other and we all strive to make Clarabridge the best. There are definite opportunities to learn and grow with Clarabridge.

Cons

Communication from upper management could be better.

Keep improving communications with all employees and make sure employees at locations outside of HQ feel like part of the team.

Mar 19, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

We're never happier than when the words "dream job" and Clarabridge appear in the same sentence. Thank you so much for all your work and for sharing your feedback!

Exciting, fun, and refreshing place to work!

I have been working at Clarabridge

Pros

-The people are intelligent, motivated, respectful, and fun to work with
    - Sr. Management is very accessible and always open to employee ideas/feedback
    - CEO is extremely sharp and is taking the company in the right direction
    - Fun, helpful perks like an in-office "market" of fresh foods, and free snacks, health club reimbursement, and more
    - High growth, challenging in a good way, keeps me on my toes!
    - The product is interesting to work with and it's the leading technology of its kind
    - Huge focus on recruiting top talent, not settling for medicore
    - Unlimited leave allows me to feel like I can take a day off when I need it and not worry about my vacation bank

Cons

- Not a fan of the open office environment because it makes me less productive, but I know a lot of other people like it.

Keep doing what you are doing. Love the culture and everything you've done in the past year to show employees how much you value them.

Mar 11, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Hi there! Thanks so much for sharing your experience at Clarabridge with our followers on Glassdoor. Our employees have been and will continue to be a #1 priority, and we're glad that you're ... More

Become an expert in an area you choose

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

Before Clarabridge I always worked at larger companies. Clarabridge has always seemed to me to provide better opportunities for picking your favorite spot and growing as much as you want. (I've been here for more than five years.) I've never felt pigeonholed at Clarabridge as I did at several earlier and larger companies in my career.

Cons

Clarabridge is past the point of being a small company, so it's more difficult than before to sense you are part of the company as a whole. For example, at the HQ in Reston, Virginia, sales types tend to hang out with sales types, finance people tend to go to lunch with finance people. That's only natural, but it is a noticeable change from Clarabridge's earliest years. The excellent, new facilities (again, speaking about HQ in Reston) do provide opportunities for cross team mingling (e.g. the two nice break rooms, the gym). In conclusion I guess the camraderie that came naturally in earlier years now requires conscious, sustained, out-of-your-comfort-zone effort to achieve.

The biggest gap I've noted is a long term absence of any kind of *institutionalized* reward, motivation, reimbursement or incentive to grow in your professional domain. Clarabridge does have a mention in its new culture code indicating that the company and its employees will value skills growth, personal growth, team growth, etc. And of course it's always an employee's responsibility to seek training and innovative learning opportunities even more than it is any company's responsibility. I do know this issue is a common employee concern, and that it is recognized and is being addressed by the executive team.

Mar 11, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for your review! Clarabridge is growing quickly, but we're committed to continuing to encourage flexibility and internal movement within the company-- no silos here! Our growth also means ... More

9. Clarabridge - great product, awesome people and leadership that really cares about their customers and employees

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Clarabridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

CLarabridge leadership listens and works with their employees to support the needs of the cutomer. Clarabridge provides a very positive work experience, good teaming environment, where no one operates in a silo. Every employee I've met wants to help you succeed in your job. Management really cares about their employees and having an open door policy was amazing to see the CEO really care about his teams.

Cons

Office space is limited and reserving a conference room is combersome.

More office space

Mar 11, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We're so glad that you're finding the Clarabridge environment to be motivational, friendly, and supportive. We totally know what you mean about ... More

10. Growth and Innovation

Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge

Pros

Clarabridge is an innovative and and growing company that cares for it's clients and employees. They do a great job of making employees feel that they are truly making an impact on the daily operations and success of the organization. They work hard and play hard as well providing employees with fun events and rewards to thank employees for their hard work as well as provide opportunities to grow and learn with the company alongside of nice, intelligent mentors and co-workers.

Cons

I sincerely cannot think of any cons.

Keep making employees feel like number one and you too will be number one.

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Bringing in top talent and amazing people who will help build our product AND our culture is absolutely essential and we're so glad that you're loving the work environment here (we do too!). Thanks ... More

Never have I worked for an organization that provides such an amazing work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-culture
    -people
    -constant education
    -flexible work environment
    -incredible offices
    -company values and beliefs
    -constructive feedback from management
    -benefits
    -close to metro (Silver line)
    -the opportunity to work with incredibly talented people
    -compensation
    -casual dress

Cons

If you're adverse to a vivacious culture and constant buzzing work environment this may be a con.

The worst part of this job is that I have to drive into the sun every day to get to the office.

Please keep doing what you are doing! I enjoy working with the T&C team and absolutely love the managers in delivery.

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for your feedback! Our people are our #1 investment and we're so glad that our efforts to keep Clarabridge as a Best Place to Work are paying off! We're not done yet, though-- big things are ... More