Clariant (North Carolina)

Add Photos

Hariolf Kottmann

Competent staff

Management (Current Employee)

ProsTeamwork oriented, health benefits, Competent people, most are easy to work with.

ConsFrom my perspective this business, managed out of Switzerland, is bottom line driven, with frantic deadlines. They appear to be headcount focused, resulting in tremendous workload for remaining employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your people can burn out under impractical workloads. Be cautious when evaluating headcount reductions.

I did not fit in with the culture or hierarchy at their research facility in Palo Alto, CA.

Chemist (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsVery little was expected from me. The compensation was good. They have quality facilities and research capabilities.

ConsIt felt like every question and suggestion I posed to further the experimental science was viewed as though I was questioning the supervisor's and the management's authority. My time was not effectively managed. They discouraged me from being proactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take some management and communication courses to learn to be better managers and learn to better communicate with your subordinates. Learn to be better at teamwork and cooperate with other co-workers.

research engineer

Prosgood people with good safety

Conslow compensation limited research resources

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is what you make of it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Holden, MA

Prosteamwork driven, project driven, management driven, salaries, benefits, training, travel perks

Consdysfunctional work relationships between some folks can get out of hand because of blame focus and whether or not you "like" someone or not, the work can get lost

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the work and not on individual differences, corporate management should engage more with senior level managers to help solve problems, too much lean leads to work not being done that should probably be done, employees are already working nights and weekends, is it wise for sales people and managers to do so much of their own expense reporting versus calling on and following up with customers???

Good stepping stone

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities for growth and training if you put forth the effort.

ConsDoesn't know how to keep good employees happy. The good employees are leaving. It used to be a good long term company to work for. Short term goals are destroying the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and practice the Clariant values that we being trained in.

I've worked for some bad companies, this is the best company I've worked for yet. I pray God allows me to retire here.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI've worked some places where the company could care less about what's going on with personally.The people here really care about one another. Very family oriented.

ConsIt is still corporate America, so you still have your red tape to muddle through.You still have your favorites who will be allowed to shine more than others. The good 'ol boy network".

Great place to work

Production (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsVery faced paced and some times relaxed.

ConsKind of dusty and hot.

Don't work their unless you have no other options

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsAverage benefits: BCBS, vision, dental, flexible spending. Maternity leave available for men and women. Also for adoptions. 2 weeks vacation to start out. In general good co-workers.

ConsThis used to be a really good company to work for,but know I dare you to find an employee who works there that isn't in management and is happy. Very poor communication from corporate. Very poor management. Place men above women no matter the experience or talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe actually pay attention to your employees once in awhile. Miserable employees do not make for good results. Trytreating people like human beings instead of human cattle.

Clariant (Sandoz) was a profitable and local managed company before globalization. Now the focus is only on finance.

Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood benefits and career opportunities in the past.

ConsToo political, global management is not appropriate, people need to be a respected asset.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that "people" run the company, not technology and finance.

Worked for Clariant (North Carolina)? Contribute to the Community!