Clarifire Reviews

Jane Mason

Young and Inspired

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Clarifire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunities, opportunities, opportunities! With Clarifire being one of the fastest growing companies in America, it has so many growth and learning opportunities that come with being an employee here. Any fast paced experiences or changes within Clarifire have proven to be for the better of the culture and employees here. The benefits are incredible, and the company always plans a handful of events throughout the year for not just the employees but their families as well.

Cons

Some people are not as susceptible to change and growth as others are, so you may run into employees who are less open to fast paced changes.

Most unprofessional management team I've ever worked for

I worked at Clarifire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and benefits were good; free coffee and tea; latest computer technology. So many wonderful co-workers that were smart, helpful and worked really hard.

Cons

There were many challenges at eMASON, many were due to a small company growing very quickly and having infrastructure pains. Lots of turnover, consistent 60-70 hour weeks, micro-managed to death, and not valued. Also very disturbing was the obvious cliques that were created, and thrived, under Jane's direction. If she liked you, then you were in (for a while) but NO ONE (including myself) was exempt from being called stupid behind closed doors at some point, or admonished in front of everyone else, etc. Weekends, holidays, nor vacations were respected so work-life balance was just printed words in the policy manual. I could go on and on, but it would only be a reiteration of the other unfavorable reviews with the same message...Clarifire is not a financially viable, ethical, or professional company to work for.

Sell the company.

Going...going...going...gone

I have been working at Clarifire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotions only for the "in" crowd, pay raises mostly for the "kissers", no perks, leadership...none.

Cons

HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT

I like the 'No CFO interference comment from another post'. You can try as you might...but you can't spin all the bad things your company does to people.

A few weeks ago, 14 people were let go. 4 one day, 10 the next. Two more people put their notice is nearly immediately. Three of these people gave up their current life to move here or were in the process of closing their other life and moving here. They were told with less than 24 hours notice...we aren't hiring you.

It isn't as if a majority of employees are averaging 60 - 70 hours a week...with no COMP time or other form of recompense. Yea, that COMP time thing is also taboo...speak of it, go grab a packing box. Ask to work from home, you are castigated, when many do it as a matter of course...and that is ok.

This is a hostile work environment. If you push back, speak the truth or openly disagree on any matter known to be a bad idea...you should probably be prepared to pack your things.

The company is over-extended on the grossly bloated data center project. Upper management threatens jobs at a regular pace, upper management openly bullies, you are cussed at, out and other conceivable ways you didn't think were available.

I hear and see certain people openly being targeted. It is a shame that so many smart people, leave due to these conditions.

Ownership is told things that aren't true, yet they don't take the time to find out about these things. They blindly take the word of the VPs and other middle management because they 'have their ear'.

There is, unfortunately nothing good to say about this company. If you see an add...remember...having a job may be one thing, but here...the life drain you will experience...just isn't worth it.

Owners - you really need to get out and about and talk to your people. You need to LISTEN to them and their concerns. But wait...why would you do that now? After all...you never just walk around talking to anyone unless you are looking to run something or someone down.

I dare you to go talk to people and take it as constructive criticism...and to not fire them because of what you will hear. You just may find you could actually become a better person and owner for it. You certainly have not proven yourself to be leaders in your own company.

Just terrible

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Clarifire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All my pay checks cleared.

Cons

Just...no. Don't do it. 0 redeeming qualities for anyone remotely qualified who isn't living on the street.

Sell, or at least become absentee owners. You are out of your collective depths and have no understanding of the software development business. You've had you're share of talented people. You should have gotten out of the way and actually listened to them. Now, it's too late.

Getting Ready to Tank

Current Employee - Operations in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarifire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be bonuses and social events but there are no more bonuses and the only parties are happy hours for people quitting.

Cons

Layoff of 10+ people 2 weeks ago. The day to day morale is very low. Waiting for next layoff which is now less than 30 days away. Last group got 2 weeks severance no matter how long they had worked here, so everyone is actively trying to find a new job soon. Tenure used to matter at Clarifire.

Recently an employee gave written notice only to turn around and be fired without pay immediately. Never seen that before in my life, but nothing at Clarifire surprises me anymore.

No HR - the only 2 generalist were fired/laid off in the last 6 months. I have never worked for a company with no HR dept!

Now there is no training dept either, not that I took any training. But without trainers it's pretty obvious we won't be doing hiring and we have no HR to onboard.

My dept is losing staff every month due to resignations. Now everyone says they will quit with no notice. There goes the already horrible work life balance!

Where to start - Clarifire is too far gone!

Sell and sail away on your yacht and take your nepotism with you - they are all useless additions to the payroll anyway.

The Emperor's New Clothes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Clarifire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Close parking, double monitors, and team work. The people are Clarifire's greatest asset! Too bad they are severely undervalued - you can't automate everyone into submission!

Cons

The story of the Emperors New Clothes is the perfect metaphor for Clarifire. There are at least two executives who will have to look up the story (to understand the relevance) and quite possibly the word "metaphor" itself!

You have never experienced a workplace where the owner surrounds herself with people who tell her Yes - at any cost. People who give honest feedback are fired without hesitation.

The pinnacle of Clarifire's business acumen was last week's Reduction in Force which was personally handled by the CEO. Her explanation to the (laid off) staff was that bad news received less than 24 hrs before was the catalyst for this RIF. The reason - "Clarifire's largest client pulled a significant amount of business" which resulted in a separation of 10 current employees + 3 new hires ( offers rescinded less than 2 business days prior to their start date). That's pretty reactionary - getting news that 1 of 8 current clients is reducing their portfolio and immediately you cut head count by 10%.

The payback for loyalty of people who had worked for the company 60-70 hours/week for 3-6 years was 2 weeks severance and an article planted in the local business journal claiming only 5 people were let go and the cause being a new expansion of the data center.

The Owner thinks Glassdoor is only disgruntled former employees - but the reality is that it's current employees who know that any constructive feedback can earn you the next ticket out the door with a "you are just not a fit" excuse. It's also everyone who has ever quit or been fired's exit interview. Negative feedback never gets through the filters (The Emperor's ministers). "The Emperor's ministers cannot see the clothing themselves, but pretend that they can for fear of appearing unfit for their positions."

The most valued dept at any company is human resources. At Clarifire HR has a revolving door. HR staff are asked to tell the owner who has complained, what they reported to HR, and that information is shared amongst the inner circle, and is often used against people. HR staff doesn't last because true HR generalists have too much integrity to participate in the unprofessional atmosphere created by the owner.

Talk about a lack of integrity - how about having negative feedback placed directly in your employee file and you are never notified? Building a (behind the scenes) case against someone is a common practice at Clarifire. Despite years of service or aptitude - you professional reputation can be torn down by key people in the inner circle who are threatened and bad mouth your work. People are black-balled based on how they look or telling the wrong person No. Feedback that goes against the norm is never welcomed.

Don't ever fill out an employee survey at Clarifire - they are tracked back to the IP address of the person who submitted.

If you buy into the emperors new clothes metaphor then Clarifire is the "perfect" fit for you. If not, don't bother applying! Clarifire operates under the axiom of pluralistic ignorance.

Where to start?? Look up the word integrity!

Worst place to work

Current Employee - Mid
    Current Employee - Mid

I have been working at Clarifire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

i have no pros for this company and waiting for my box to leave

Cons

long hours, unclear direction, lack of leadership, no process

Mature and Realistic

I have been working at Clarifire

Pros

Two monitors on every desk, jeans casual dress code

Cons

Where to start..,how about a company that encourages employees to post fake positive reviews to boost their ratings!! I have a solution to boost employee morale - be nicer to your employees!!

The 1%ers up in the green section are overpaid and under-deliver! For example they work multiple days from home per week and work less than 7 hours every day. The rest of us are expected to work 50 hr weeks including nights and weekends.

The fake reviews infuriate the general population. Five stars and posts filled with typos is a key indicator that it was written by 1 of 4 people.

If everyone looking for a job was offered one tomorrow there would be 20 people left in the company.

Stop promising a kinder, gentler executive team and work environment and a better work life balance - just do it!

Did anyone else get the bonus from Dec 2013 added to their annual review increase in 2014? Remember that promise in the holiday letter???

Get real or get moving! Stop patronizing the workers and rewarding the already rich! How'd those manager reviews turn out? You should have a survey on executives that is truly anonymous.

If you read a 5-star review about Clarifire, know that it is fake.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Clarifire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You are free to terminate your employment whatever you want.

Cons

Absolutely everything else. Nepotism at its finest, uncontrolled egos of those unqualified, lack of leadership, and a general disregard for other employees.

Usually, human resources approaches do employees to get him to write these 5 star reviews. I myself was approached. The only people who are writing these 5 star reviews are the idiots on the executive committee. They are unqualified, untalented, disrespectful, and utterly worthless. The only reason that they are executives is that either A) they are family of the owners or B) were there when the untalented owner bought the software originally.

Stop running your company like a sorority. Better yet, just sell it to someone qualified to run a company.

Please don't join them

I worked at Clarifire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Non... Yes non at all

Cons

Everything is wrong with this company. I worked 70 hrs per week and for 2 years think I made difference how very wrong I was. please Please don't join them...

My Advice to management is you all need to respect your employees