Clarifire Reviews

Updated March 12, 2015
53 reviews filtered by
2.2
Jane Mason

Pros
  • Dual Monitors, car wash Thursday, decent compensation package (in 4 reviews)

• Great place for a hands on and up front experience in IT project management (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a work-life balance for those who make the rules but not for the rest of the company (in 7 reviews)

• No work/life balance (even though it is in the company's mission statement) (in 3 reviews)

1. Don't listen to the negativity, those folks are living in a box!

I have been working at Clarifire

Pros

A chance to make a difference, great technology, passion, competitive salary.

Cons

The company experiences the same struggles as any other company of its size and continued growth.

A Bridge I am More than Happy to Have Burned

Former Intern - Accounting in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Intern - Accounting in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Clarifire as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary.
    Friendly atmosphere.
    Flexible hours.
    Unearned recognition.
    Access to the owner's alcohol under her desk.

Cons

The list of pros is only provided to those who know the owners personally. I expect this company to collapse.

Advice to Management

Please replace yourselves... Clarifire has potential and you are restraining it.

Run...Far, Far, Away!

I worked at Clarifire

Pros

Like a previous review. I have to have at least 20 words in here. No pros whatsoever.

Cons

It's been said over and over again, but just in case some crazy person out there is still thinking of applying and god-forbid accepting a job, I'll say it again.
    You will not be valued as an employee or a contributor.
    Only those that kiss mgmt butt will be promoted.

Advice to Management

Karma stinks.

I'm Going to Walk All Over You

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Clarifire

Pros

I have to put 20 words in this field before I can submit my review. No pros at all.

Cons

Before I worked at eMason\Clarifire, I had a positive and teaming attitude. I loved helping others and I understood and cared for the people around me. I used to believe that people have the best interest of the people they work with in mind. That all changed after a couple months of working at this company. The things that have impacted me during my tenure there were quite startling. I still am in shock at the transformation of my professionalism during my short stay at this company.

Within the first two weeks of my employment, i was able to understand the challenges I would face. For starters, the motto of most people working there is protect yourself and make the other people look bad so you can save face. I have never worked for a company where the mindset of the employees is to bulldoze the people you work with. It was a rat race to see who can make someone look bad that day. This mindset happens on a daily bases. It became mentally and physically draining. This was the first job where the constant unprofessionalism crept into my personal life. It took a new job where the company and the people I work for care and support each other to regain my believe that people are good. It was big relief to finally leave eMason. I only wish I had listed to my gut and not taken this job. It was a setback in my business career.

My words of wisdom are the following:
    1. What you read here on this board regarding this company are true.
    2. Taking a job with this company will highly impact your personal thoughts on people and impact your professionalism.

Advice to Management

Start from the top and work your way down. A new business mindset is needed.

I have been working at Clarifire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

small company that could be great with different leaders

Cons

Worker bees are required to perform consistent heroics acts from mid to lower level employees to keep the business and systems running.

Advice to Management

Stop piece milling the technical solutions and revamp the design and system architecture. Hire competent and professional client management team who can execute on strategy, and appropriately manage client expectations, to avoid daily fire fighting situations.

Good people, good product, poor management and decision making.

I worked at Clarifire full-time

Pros

There are some great people at this company and the product 'Concept' is great. Office is new, easy location to get to from just about anywhere, and you can learn if you are lucky enough to get one of the good managers.

Cons

Leadership is the biggest problem with this company. There is a rather large gap between 'executives' and the people actually doing the work and providing information about the projects coming in. The gap happens mostly around estimates to actuals, compensation promises, and appropriate client expectations.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, the ones who have the actual knowledge of the technology and the process, to achieve the projects you are throwing at them. Set true expectations internally and externally ensuring quality and 'on time' results going out the door. Less witch hunts for those who couldn't meet the unrealistic expectations and more support for those who are trying to provide the insight and information you need to make better decisions.

Most unprofessional management team I've ever worked for

I worked at Clarifire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits were good; free coffee and tea; latest computer technology. So many wonderful co-workers that were smart, helpful and worked really hard.

Cons

There were many challenges at eMASON, many were due to a small company growing very quickly and having infrastructure pains. Lots of turnover, consistent 60-70 hour weeks, micro-managed to death, and not valued. Also very disturbing was the obvious cliques that were created, and thrived, under Jane's direction. If she liked you, then you were in (for a while) but NO ONE (including myself) was exempt from being called stupid behind closed doors at some point, or admonished in front of everyone else, etc. Weekends, holidays, nor vacations were respected so work-life balance was just printed words in the policy manual. I could go on and on, but it would only be a reiteration of the other unfavorable reviews with the same message...Clarifire is not a financially viable, ethical, or professional company to work for.

Advice to Management

Sell the company.

Going...going...going...gone

I have been working at Clarifire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promotions only for the "in" crowd, pay raises mostly for the "kissers", no perks, leadership...none.

Cons

HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT

I like the 'No CFO interference comment from another post'. You can try as you might...but you can't spin all the bad things your company does to people.

A few weeks ago, 14 people were let go. 4 one day, 10 the next. Two more people put their notice is nearly immediately. Three of these people gave up their current life to move here or were in the process of closing their other life and moving here. They were told with less than 24 hours notice...we aren't hiring you.

It isn't as if a majority of employees are averaging 60 - 70 hours a week...with no COMP time or other form of recompense. Yea, that COMP time thing is also taboo...speak of it, go grab a packing box. Ask to work from home, you are castigated, when many do it as a matter of course...and that is ok.

This is a hostile work environment. If you push back, speak the truth or openly disagree on any matter known to be a bad idea...you should probably be prepared to pack your things.

The company is over-extended on the grossly bloated data center project. Upper management threatens jobs at a regular pace, upper management openly bullies, you are cussed at, out and other conceivable ways you didn't think were available.

I hear and see certain people openly being targeted. It is a shame that so many smart people, leave due to these conditions.

Ownership is told things that aren't true, yet they don't take the time to find out about these things. They blindly take the word of the VPs and other middle management because they 'have their ear'.

There is, unfortunately nothing good to say about this company. If you see an add...remember...having a job may be one thing, but here...the life drain you will experience...just isn't worth it.

Advice to Management

Owners - you really need to get out and about and talk to your people. You need to LISTEN to them and their concerns. But wait...why would you do that now? After all...you never just walk around talking to anyone unless you are looking to run something or someone down.

I dare you to go talk to people and take it as constructive criticism...and to not fire them because of what you will hear. You just may find you could actually become a better person and owner for it. You certainly have not proven yourself to be leaders in your own company.

Just terrible

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Clarifire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All my pay checks cleared.

Cons

Just...no. Don't do it. 0 redeeming qualities for anyone remotely qualified who isn't living on the street.

Advice to Management

Sell, or at least become absentee owners. You are out of your collective depths and have no understanding of the software development business. You've had you're share of talented people. You should have gotten out of the way and actually listened to them. Now, it's too late.

Getting Ready to Tank

Current Employee - Operations in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarifire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be bonuses and social events but there are no more bonuses and the only parties are happy hours for people quitting.

Cons

Layoff of 10+ people 2 weeks ago. The day to day morale is very low. Waiting for next layoff which is now less than 30 days away. Last group got 2 weeks severance no matter how long they had worked here, so everyone is actively trying to find a new job soon. Tenure used to matter at Clarifire.

Recently an employee gave written notice only to turn around and be fired without pay immediately. Never seen that before in my life, but nothing at Clarifire surprises me anymore.

No HR - the only 2 generalist were fired/laid off in the last 6 months. I have never worked for a company with no HR dept!

Now there is no training dept either, not that I took any training. But without trainers it's pretty obvious we won't be doing hiring and we have no HR to onboard.

My dept is losing staff every month due to resignations. Now everyone says they will quit with no notice. There goes the already horrible work life balance!

Advice to Management

Where to start - Clarifire is too far gone!

Sell and sail away on your yacht and take your nepotism with you - they are all useless additions to the payroll anyway.