Clarifire

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Jane Mason

Young and Inspired

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsOpportunities, opportunities, opportunities! With Clarifire being one of the fastest growing companies in America, it has so many growth and learning opportunities that come with being an employee here. Any fast paced experiences or changes within Clarifire have proven to be for the better of the culture and employees here. The benefits are incredible, and the company always plans a handful of events throughout the year for not just the employees but their families as well.

ConsSome people are not as susceptible to change and growth as others are, so you may run into employees who are less open to fast paced changes.

Please don't join them

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNon... Yes non at all

ConsEverything is wrong with this company. I worked 70 hrs per week and for 2 years think I made difference how very wrong I was. please Please don't join them...

Advice to Senior ManagementMy Advice to management is you all need to respect your employees

Free at last!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsSmart people in IT - developers and dbas are capable despite their management! Top notch technology infrastructure. Two monitors on every desk.

ConsCraziest environment I've ever worked in! After 13 years of professional work - I thought I'd seen it all - then I started at Clarifire! The turn over is insane, 3-4 resignations per week and at least 1 termination weekly!

The people who run the client teams are ridiculous / no professionalism. They bash the clients on calls by muting the phone and outright making fun of them. Executives openly use profanity in meetings - even in my interview. If I'd seen Glassdoor reviews on Clarifire 8 months ago I could have saved myself some wasted time.

So called "executives" seem to be most inept employees who constantly pat each other on the back instead of leading by example. Instead of fixing the problems they talk around them - then post fake Glassdoor reviews to skew the court of public opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere to start - clean house from Directors on up or sell the company and let professionals take over.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Potential for Growth

ProsSo far, I feel like there is a lot of potential to grow.
    I see employees moving to different departments and teams that they feel best.
    Web based trainings on the CLARIFIRE app as easy to use.
    Business Casual all week.

ConsSometimes it seems like there is a gap in understanding between departments and projects. For the most part everything runs smoothly, but when you are not in the loop sometimes you get left behind.

Spin Control is the priority at Clarifire

ProsThe people, the people, the people. With 100% turn over annually there are lots of new people to meet.

ConsHaving never written a review of my company because I had nothing nice to say, I feel compelled to now. 6 out of the last 8 reviews were written by two or three executives who wanted to spin the negative view portrayed on Glassdoor. I have even heard of people being recruited to write positive reviews to change the negative rating.

Instead of fixing the problems - nepotism, retaining executives who bring no value (and those related to them), terminating without cause, eliminating those who speak out against the owners and their family - they try to fix the image to outsiders by faking positive reviews.

No one will recommend this company to friends and relatives because ruining someone's livelihood is not worth the $1000 referral bonus. There is a work-life balance for those who make the rules but not for the rest of the company. Working 5-6 hours a day in the office is common for some but others are expected to clock in 10+ hour days up to 7 days a week. For 95% of the company - there is no work from home, no flexible shifts, and no comp time.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook around and see who causes more issues than anyone else. Related or not - some need to GO!

Sad to say, but this company is a joke...

(Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsThe office facility is new.

ConsFor those of you who are looking for a job for the first time and need to add some experience in your resume, this is probably a good place for you to start. However, don't plan on staying that long so you won't acquire bad work ethics and habits. This place is full of pointing fingers and throwing people under the bus to save their jobs.

For those of you who are experienced applicants, skip this company all together and keep on looking. Don't be deceived by the high salary offer because in 3 months if the owner doesn't like your personality, not by merit, for whatever reason, she will find a way to let you go. I saw it time and time again...good talents from impressive company backgrounds came and left, either by choice or not. As a matter of fact, this company is having the hardest time hiring, so now their hiring approach is to hire contractors.

So what makes this company so bad? For one, it is a mom and pop operation so the owners and selected favorites play god. They make decision out of a whim, no forethought or strategy, but just because. The “innovators” are either family members or favorites. To be a favorite, the owner would have to personally like you because you cater to all her whims, you put in at least 70 hours per week, you’re able to translate complicated topics to elementary terms or you’re connected to someone in the company that the owner likes. Once you’re in any of these qualifiers, then it’s your ticket of getting promoted to roles that you’re normally not qualified to do in reputable companies, which by the way minimizes their peers who truly are “innovators” and come from professional organizations.

Otherwise, if you accidentally say a word that the owner does not like, if you describe a concept that the owner is not able to grasp or if you’re an introvert, then that becomes forever encrypted in the owner’s mind and you’re automatically in her hit list. If you teach them a little bit of something, they come back as if they are the subject matter experts. Rather than utilizing and leveraging the talents that they hire, they end up being micromanaged, forced to perform made up tasks (not professionally recognized) and/or become the owner’s puppets.

There is no structure in delivering projects. A couple of upper management talents came and tried implementing an industry recognized software development methodology, but did not succeed because it was not fully supported. Rather than seeing the overall benefit and embracing the change, it was skipped out of convenience.

HR is not fully respected in this company. They are simply treated like admins to do payroll and/or recruit because of the frequency of people quitting or getting fired. So if you’re an employee that is mistreated or having some challenges with any of the favorites then your only option is to quit or guaranteed you will be fired.

The owner was overly optimistic. Not really sure if it was done on purpose to falsely create a “stable” company future or she was just purely clueless, but regardless she tried landing a contract with some company that was connected with a well-known tech company and with the government; and prematurely announced in her town meeting that she landed the deal, but in actuality it was just an inquiry and demo activities. She obviously was oblivious of what it took to negotiate with bigger companies and/or government.

The Clarifire product can definitely do some impressive functionality, but it is poorly designed in the back-end. The spaghetti code breaks every time something is fixed resulting to weekly and sometimes even daily releases. There are no future plans of re-engineering.

The company focused on the mortgage industry and for a while rode the foreclosure wave, but now that this industry is improving, the existing clients are cutting down. They are now trying to get in the health industry. My only advice is to reach out to the existing clients and hear what they have to say. Don’t talk to the ones that Clarifire gives as a reference, do your homework. Some of their clients are still existing because their day-to-day workflow processes have been configured in Clarifire, making getting off of the product an expensive endeavor so their general strategy is to wean out of any additional development work.

So where did all of the positive comments come from about this company? I do know for a fact that they are orchestrated mainly to boost the company ratings here. If you notice, the dates are between 3 – 5 business days apart and all from current employees. They are from executive assistants and loyal worker bees that were ask to write something positive about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider selling the company to another company that knows how to run one

Worst Experience of My Life!

(Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsThe people who aren't caught up in the cliques and office politics are great. There are some really talented people here.

ConsThis company is extremely dysfunctional. If you are not a member of the family, a member of a snobby clique, or married to one of them, you are considered a nobody (and totally dispensable). They constantly blindside people with terminations with no valid reason. People are "encouraged" to write favorable (fake) reviews on Glassdoor. This company has no clue about employment law. In fact, all of the company's employees are exempt, when a great many should not be. Employee's are expected to put in 50, 60 hours a week, and they don't get paid overtime. Turnover is extremely high with as many as seven people resigning within a month recently. Exit interviews never make it to the CEO so that she can hear what people really think. Not that it would make a difference. She treats her employees as if they are her minions anyway. She delivers good news from atop a staircase as she looks down upon her subjects. Bad news must come straight from HR, of course. She has no problem throwing them or other members of management under the bus. There is so much favoritism in this company it's pathetic. But watch out, you can be on the top one day and then make the wrong person mad and you are on the way out the door. I've heard that staffing agencies won't even send people to this company due to its toxic reputation. Job seekers should stay far, far away.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the people you hire and quit micromanaging everyone. Better yet, sell the company, retire and take all of your friends and family with you.

Favoritism at its finest!

Analyst (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsClarifire maintains top of the line technology, Windows Server 2012, SQL, .NET, VB. There are some quality analysts and developers working here.

ConsJust got out a Town Hall - same drivel, new location! The clear themes at this company are nepotism and the Peter Principle. The direction changes like the wind, reorgs come bi-monthly. There is never a time where direction is laid out and then followed through, before Senior Management decides on a new and improved plan. That leads to terminations of those deemed - part of the old way. The only constant is the never ending terminations and good people quitting. The group gatherings always include stories aimed at making someone look dumb. The inner circle comes out unscathed but others are made to look foolish and weak. I did not expect to work for a women-owned company where they repeat stories of executive women crying, stomping their feet, and throwing tantrums when debating how something will be done. Some work 60+ hours a week, including all weekend for deployments, and other come and go, work from home, and rules are broken. There were no bonuses announced just before the holidays, but then paid out to some in the inner circle. The quadrants are divided into serfs, peasants, farmers, and nobles (green).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the favoritism, create a true work life balance for the front line workers and not just the favored executives.

Bad Company

Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsReasonable salaries, good benefits and ability to work with newer technologies. Nice new building and a great location in St Petersburg.

ConsThis is a one trick pony company who's officers will stop at nothing to gloss over the fact that their product is in a death spiral. Employment here is a revolving door, with as many people leaving as coming in. It will not last and I would stay away from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company and product.

Fast paced exciting company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsThe Clarifire product is great. I am yet to show the product to someone that is not impressed with what it can do for them. This is a unique large growth opportunity in the Tampa Bay area. The customer's are some of the largest financial service companies in the country. The product is well established and ready for huge growth within other segments of financial services and other markets. Not often do you come across this type of a business opportunity in the Tampa Bay Market.

ConsAs with all high growth companies there are a lot of changes happening and required. This type of environment is not for everyone. You have to be able to adapt to change and embrace it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is amazing to see where the owners have taken this company to and the customers that they have engaged with and continue to do business with. Continue to look out of the box at innovative ways to draw and retain key employees in the company and new customers.

Worked for Clarifire? Contribute to the Community!