Clarify

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015

Claire Edmunds

Great opportunity to grow

Current Employee - BDM in Theale, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - BDM in Theale, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Clarify

Pros

The people I work with
    high value technology sector so never a dull moment
    autonomy - I control my development and if I want to try something different I generally get heard (even if it's not put into practice!)
    Learn about what really makes companies tick
    Good career development and support for those that push themselves and ask for help - some of the other posts on here seem to be from people who didn't get the value of autonomy and wanted/needed closer management
    Great company values - Charitable foundation

Cons

Sales environment - targets always a factor and pressure can build
    Plans/direction can change quickly, with poor communication around this
    Moved across a few customers to start with, struggled to find my feet
    Small company so benefits package not great
    Parking can sometimes be a bit chaotic - double parking etc

More social activities / team building
    Listen to your people - even if you've tried it before and know it won't work it's important we get why

Over promise under deliver

Former Employee - BDM
    Former Employee - BDM

I worked at Clarify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

London Office when I worked for the company.
    I wasn't in Theale office which feels like a low grade call centre.
    Good colleagues although these would turn over regularly.
    One of the best experiences I have ever had was turning up on first day to be told that if didn't pass test at end of the week wouldn't have job. Although stressful it was amazing to get through it at the end of the week and those who made it through the course felt sense of kinship that fostered great friendships. (Shame they got rid of it).

Cons

Over promises - told about amazing growth plans - turns out these were the same every year. It's more survival than growth.
    No career development - you do well in your role and they increase the workload. Then move you to another client. Limited room for progression if you want Sales career.
    Management doesn't tell truth - When London Office was in process of closing told we would be moving to clients as part of agreement that had been signed and that in 3 months contracts would be moved over; turned out not to be the case but they wanted to hold onto us so didn't lose contract.
    Going into Theale office - just depressing.

Be honest about the business - be realistic in ambition for instance a just because you own a business doesn't make you a CEO.
    Make the environment more fun for staff - you have high turnover staff in a difficult job - keep them entertained.
    Think about what you are creating - most sales guys know that most of you reports are bunkum. Focus on the important bits that add value.

Great support, challenging, stimulating environment and highly rewarding

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Clarify

Pros

If you are looking for an easy life with predictability and routine then Clarify is not for you....In short Clarify is a fast paced, highly energetic business with great heritidge world class clients and a strong, highly ethical management team.
    You are presented with the opportunity to develop your career in business development as far as your talent will allow. The training is excellent and people are invested in and there is a genuine concern for staff wellbeing. Trust and respect are at the core of the business and expected from everyone regardless of position. A rewarding place to work and a privilidge to be a part of.

Cons

The proposition is complex and needs a level of intelligence to grasp. The environment can be hectic with change a regular feature of the business.

Keep doing what you are doing

Dreadful experience

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Theale, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Clarify

Pros

Nice offices, friendly staff, partnerships with well known IT clients

Cons

Dishonest management, high turnover of staff, micro-management, move targets goalposts, non payment of legitimate commissions, drinking culture senior management, bully.

Top to bottom review of senior management structure. Install core values, honesty and integrity. Be honest to candidate's in interview process about working environment, earning potential especially for high achievers. Senior management should set good example to employees through their professionalism fairness and take personal responsibility for poor strategic decision making.

Dynamic, Growing, Progressive, Forward thinking, Agile and Ambitious

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Clarify full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to learn how to have value based business conversations with the biggest and best companies in the world. Working with well known clients building good contacts within senior management and gaining an understanding of complex businesses and how to sell to them. Working with and learning from very bright, motivated and helpful team members. Also the environment is very grown-up and we are treated as individuals and our ideas listened to and acted on.

Cons

The role itself takes a high degree of self-motivation and you have to be able to think on your feet. Its not just about having an interest in business you need to be able to learn and keep on learning and grasp the myriad different ways that technology can add value. Its not just business development its self development too

Please read The Alliance and keep helping us to transform and develop our careers.

Stay Away - The advert is NOT the reality!

Former Employee - Business Development in Theale, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Clarify full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Car Parking on-site!
    Relatively easy to get a job

Cons

SHOCKINGLY high turnover
    Comany size 20-25 staff - Clarify has an in-house recruiter - at one stage two working in tandem
    During my eight month stint around 20 staff left and replaced - This includes the newly hired
    Targets setting genuinely ridiculous
    I worked with some great people (not management!) who became quickly dis-illusioned and left

Be honest to new employees during on-boarding process - misselling is fraudulent and is a huge factor in Clarify's incredible turnover
    Stop raising targets to unachievable levels never to reduce them - this lowers staff morale - and guess what - another reason for high turnover
    Show genuine interest in the people you hire and here is an idea - have actual career development meetings

Good stepping stone, don't fall in!!

I worked at Clarify

Pros

Work life balance was good.

Cons

Not rewarded for over achieving.
    Staff turnover was STAGGERING!
    Training was minimal, I was lucky to have a great team member who assisted me were they could.
    No trust to attend client catch up meetings, you would always be chaperoned. No trust in general!!!!
    Micro management with no real personal one-to-one team building.
    Regularly the call center would be dead with no one building moral or incentivising effort.
    Directors were unpleasant, not approachable and were less than willing to hear opinions. One Director in particular.

No clear development path.

A good morning and a smile goes further than awkward looks.

The theory around how you do business development was great, the standard of reports to clients and the market knowledge expected of employees was high. Management had no interpersonal skills to achieve the culture they want. Clare Edmonds needs to assess the people around her and bring herself closer to the day to day.

Awful Experience

I worked at Clarify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are no pros at all

Cons

No Training, Rude Directors, Fake company, Lie to clients

Need to deliver proper training and not bring on non experienced staff and expect them to hit numbers straight away. Or even worse get rid of staff within a couple of weeks. That is the mentality of one director who thinks he owns the business and can say whatever he wants to staff. Company always lie to make them look better to both staff and clients.

A business that cares!

I have been working at Clarify

Pros

Great work environment, work-life balance, exceptional service to its' customers, does the right thing at all times

Cons

Not a "con" for everyone but it is a very frenetic business with constant change.

A good platform to launch your sales career

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Theale, South West England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Theale, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at Clarify

Pros

Excellent training and can be used as a spring board to quickly move up the sales career ladder. Young and fast paced atmosphere means there's plenty of play and plenty of work.

Cons

A high turnover of staff means that a lot of time is spent bedding in new employees which can be disruptive to the rest of the business.

More regular feedback from senior management when it comes to current performance and what goals need to be achieved to reach the next level.