Clarify Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Claire Edmunds

1. "Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Theale, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Clarify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clarify provides very good training for employees wanting to develop a career in solution and strategic selling, management was always very approachable and willing to help even if an employee wasn't on their team. CEO was fantastic and treated everyone like they were an important part of the business.

Cons

None! Always looked forward to getting into work

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you do, very good management team

2. A New Style of Business Development

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Theale, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at Clarify

Pros

Clarify have a great methodology which differentiates them from other business development companies. You develop skills that allow you to understand businesses and the way they operate, not to mention working with top IT vendors in the process. I had some great managers who knew how to motivate me and gave support when I needed it. I was relatively new to sales and found that I picked up things quickly and was rewarded for doing so. I don't think I could have had a better grounding in my sales skills and I am truly grateful for the opportunity to learn and develop as I have done with Clarify.

Cons

I firmly believe that this job is what you make of it. If you adopt the methodology, apply yourself and are proactive you can really succeed in your role. In this type of environment you need to be able to manage your time effectively otherwise it can be difficult at times- but that is the same for many other jobs! Sales can be tough with levels of staff turnover that can be unsettling, but if you work hard and get involved in the culture then you adapt and there are increased avenues to progress in your career. By working hard I had far more good days than bad and that balance made all the difference- aptitude is key!

Advice to Management

I had great mentors at Clarify so keep doing what you do and make the training as relevant to the individual as possible as that was great for me! It would also be good to make everyone even more aware of the existing open door policy of asking for help when they need it as that is a really positive thing about the company. Going to the pub on a Friday is also fun!

Great opportunity to grow

Current Employee - BDM in Theale, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - BDM in Theale, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Clarify

Pros

The people I work with high value technology sector so never a dull moment autonomy - I control my development and if I want to try something different I generally get heard (even if it's not put into practice!) Learn about what really makes companies tick Good career development and support for those that push themselves and ask for help - some of the other posts on here seem to be from people who didn't get the value of autonomy and wanted/needed closer management Great company values - Charitable foundation

Cons

Sales environment - targets always a factor and pressure can build Plans/direction can change quickly, with poor communication around this Moved across a few customers to start with, struggled to find my feet Small company so benefits package not great Parking can sometimes be a bit chaotic - double parking etc

Advice to Management

More social activities / team building Listen to your people - even if you've tried it before and know it won't work it's important we get why

5. Seriously... don't work here

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Clarify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-It was a good introduction to the basic principals of software sales. But not true reflection of what it's like to work in this industry. This is the worst place I've ever worked, and would strongly advise anyone against it. -I met some good people, who all left pretty quickly

Cons

-Pretty much everything you can think of -You're expected to lie to clients as standard -Targets have no grounding in reality, data, or even past performance -Dishonest, ineffective management -Dreadful company culture

Advice to Management

I wouldn't waste my breath

Over promise under deliver

Former Employee - BDM
    Former Employee - BDM

I worked at Clarify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

London Office when I worked for the company. I wasn't in Theale office which feels like a low grade call centre. Good colleagues although these would turn over regularly. One of the best experiences I have ever had was turning up on first day to be told that if didn't pass test at end of the week wouldn't have job. Although stressful it was amazing to get through it at the end of the week and those who made it through the course felt sense of kinship that fostered great friendships. (Shame they got rid of it).

Cons

Over promises - told about amazing growth plans - turns out these were the same every year. It's more survival than growth. No career development - you do well in your role and they increase the workload. Then move you to another client. Limited room for progression if you want Sales career. Management doesn't tell truth - When London Office was in process of closing told we would be moving to clients as part of agreement that had been signed and that in 3 months contracts would be moved over; turned out not to be the case but they wanted to hold onto us so didn't lose contract. Going into Theale office - just depressing.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the business - be realistic in ambition for instance a just because you own a business doesn't make you a CEO. Make the environment more fun for staff - you have high turnover staff in a difficult job - keep them entertained. Think about what you are creating - most sales guys know that most of you reports are bunkum. Focus on the important bits that add value.

not worth mentioning

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Theale, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Clarify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

actually none, but this space has to be filled to write the review

Cons

unprofessional and dishonest management, cheating on employees and customers, staff changes constantly

Advice to Management

seek professional advice!

8. Great support, challenging, stimulating environment and highly rewarding

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Clarify

Pros

If you are looking for an easy life with predictability and routine then Clarify is not for you....In short Clarify is a fast paced, highly energetic business with great heritidge world class clients and a strong, highly ethical management team. You are presented with the opportunity to develop your career in business development as far as your talent will allow. The training is excellent and people are invested in and there is a genuine concern for staff wellbeing. Trust and respect are at the core of the business and expected from everyone regardless of position. A rewarding place to work and a privilidge to be a part of.

Cons

The proposition is complex and needs a level of intelligence to grasp. The environment can be hectic with change a regular feature of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Dynamic, Growing, Progressive, Forward thinking, Agile and Ambitious

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Clarify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to learn how to have value based business conversations with the biggest and best companies in the world. Working with well known clients building good contacts within senior management and gaining an understanding of complex businesses and how to sell to them. Working with and learning from very bright, motivated and helpful team members. Also the environment is very grown-up and we are treated as individuals and our ideas listened to and acted on.

Cons

The role itself takes a high degree of self-motivation and you have to be able to think on your feet. Its not just about having an interest in business you need to be able to learn and keep on learning and grasp the myriad different ways that technology can add value. Its not just business development its self development too

Advice to Management

Please read The Alliance and keep helping us to transform and develop our careers.

Dreadful experience

I worked at Clarify

Pros

Nice offices, friendly staff, partnerships with well known IT clients

Cons

Dishonest management, high turnover of staff, micro-management, move targets goalposts, non payment of legitimate commissions, drinking culture senior management, bully.

Advice to Management

Top to bottom review of senior management structure. Install core values, honesty and integrity. Be honest to candidate's in interview process about working environment, earning potential especially for high achievers. Senior management should set good example to employees through their professionalism fairness and take personal responsibility for poor strategic decision making.

Stay Away - The advert is NOT the reality!

Former Employee - Business Development in Theale, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Clarify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Car Parking on-site! Relatively easy to get a job

Cons

SHOCKINGLY high turnover Comany size 20-25 staff - Clarify has an in-house recruiter - at one stage two working in tandem During my eight month stint around 20 staff left and replaced - This includes the newly hired Targets setting genuinely ridiculous I worked with some great people (not management!) who became quickly dis-illusioned and left

Advice to Management

Be honest to new employees during on-boarding process - misselling is fraudulent and is a huge factor in Clarify's incredible turnover Stop raising targets to unachievable levels never to reduce them - this lowers staff morale - and guess what - another reason for high turnover Show genuine interest in the people you hire and here is an idea - have actual career development meetings

RSS Feed </> Embed