Clarins USA

www.clarinsusa.com

Clarins USA Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014
Clarins USA – “First Clarins Institute”

Jonathan Zrihen

A great company to work for

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEasy access to top management - your ideas will be heard and you will get credit for them!
    Great work atmosphere
    Good work/life balance
    Leader of European prestige skincare
    Privately owned: the top management thinks long term

ConsYou can certainly get a slightly better salary somewhere else, but probably not with the same work/life balance.
    no free stocks/stock options

Administrative

NONE (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPleasant-enough offices, great neighborhood, convenient to public transportation, ability to purchase product at discount, excellent training re the actual product sold by company

ConsUnapproachable senior management, cliquey, too French, unfriendly

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider being more accessible to junior staff.

Freelance Makeup Artist

Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsA fun job! Nice makeup and skincare line! Bay at good location in store.

ConsTrying to build sales with no customers booked!

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter planning customer events!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

budget cuts

Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) Phila, PA

Prosfree product, got to travel, meet new ppl, and was asked if i could work instead of being told i had to.

Consfelt as though they were turning me into an old lady w the uniform requirements and the style-less t-shirts we sometimes had to wear. also the slow months w no work were rough, and no longer paying for travel.

Had top numbers throughout company and they still want more

Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI made great money that I def deserved

ConsNo overtime and during events worked insane amount of hours. Spoke to from upper mgt with no respect. Offered raise then you work in new position and they don't give you your raise. Would be physically sick because you couldn't get two seconds to run to a rest room during an event. They always want more and you are DISPOSABLE. Corporate (upper mgt) was very sneaky. The company will do well but the staff at counters are trained that the more you scam your clients the better you are....its so atrocious!

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember where you came from and treat people with respect. Be true to your word!!

Greatest Company I've ever worked for.

Ads (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility, Pay and supportive executive team.
    Gives back to communities and works with great programs like FEED.

ConsNot many full time positions available.

Clarins Business Manages

Clarins Business Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe products are great one of the best sun and body products ever made and easy to sell because its a reat product

ConsManagement changed in the last 2 years It use to be the best company in the world to work for all about there people. NOT ANYMORE

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is not the some they are not hands on and don`t get it any more they just want to go by a hand book in retail that does not work u have to go with the flow if you want the business to grow and flourish and then asks what is going and have a BM that does not know there A from there elbow and thats a fact shame on them WISH THEM THE BEST! WONDER IF THE OWNER OR CEO OF THE USA OR WORLD Knows Phillip Shear or Chris John Clarins

I spent ten years as a Regional Account Manager for Clarins.

Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsThe entire organization was focused om helping the field force to achive net shipment and retail sales forecasts. Each individual department did their utmost to support the sales team and grow the brand. I had come from a "big three" cosmetic company and was instantly embraced by their corporate culture and how they were always striving to meet the needs of the field force.

ConsBecause of the fact that Clarins is a relatively flat organization, there was little room for growth. They did make note of this during the interview process, to be fair. I also think that several of our marketing programs had become somewhat stale and needed to be re-evaluated in order to be competitive within the industry. Worth noting that many changes took place atter 2004!

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsClarins USA is a great company to work for, if you are willing to work hard, and be a team player. It's a company that you can be proud of.

ConsClarins is a smaller company in the cosmetics industry, so you will have to be a superstar to get noticed.

Clarins Have great products. Very hard to move up in Company though.

Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) Albany, NY

ProsThe product is Fantastic. Easy to sell! I love the Education they provide!

ConsHard to get promoted! Very long hours- would drive 2 and half hours and be expected to work a 8-9 hour day not including the drive,lots of pressure to make numbers. Exellent product but-THEE MOST DISFUNTIONAL COMPANY I KNOW.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Management should get out in the field of ALL the stores. So they can see for themselves.

Worked for Clarins USA? Contribute to the Community!