Clarity Consulting

4.6

Jeff Smith

Great opportunity for development

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent management at all levels. There are many career paths to take within Clarity Consulting. Company offers very good work and life balance. Excellent working environment - co-workers are willing to help out all the time.
    I have been at Clarity Consulting over a year now and really love it here, All the projects I was staffed to involved new tech, impressive clients and challenging tasks.
    Overall great company to work for.

Cons

Can't think of anything yet

Continue the recognition even at the lowest level.

Great environment to work

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great, smart, and motivate coworkers willing to help/guide/teach
    -Variety of projects (from a type, technology, and field point of view)
    -Flex work hours
    -Very casual office space

Cons

-Little to no choice on project placement
    -Some projects require travel in variant distances
    -The number of meetings can sometimes make it difficult to get into a good work groove

Excellent, challenging, rewarding experience

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Employees are very talented, hard-working, career-focused, and interested in cutting edge technology. Big-name clients, interesting projects. Competitive salaries, good benefits package. Merit-based career opportunities (not tenure-based). Company is generally well-run (partners are all qualified, practical, long-term employees), healthy client pipeline, steady company growth the whole time I've been here. Nice new home office, good location downtown.

Cons

Rotating nature of the consulting job requires that you are constantly developing your personal skillset to be ready for the next project. You also have to be very flexible - we work at the client site, some of which can be up to an hour away, so you occasionally have to deal with a long commute or spartan office setting for a few months. Depending on the project, you may be working on a technology or business sector that you are not interested in. You really need to work hard to stand out from the crowd since a lot of employees are qualified and pushing for advancement.

Mandate standardized training so that employees don't get "stale" on one technology while working on another. Mandate a new-hire training program so entry-level new hires are more immediately productive.

Clarity Consulting Response

Sep 19, 2014Director, Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad to hear that Clarity is providing you with a rewarding experience. We are always looking to improve how we operate so your advice to management will definitely be ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work, latest and greatest technologies, challenging, great work environment, great people, great opportunities. There is a strong feeling of empowerment at all levels and the ability to make a difference.

Cons

Clarity grows and develops internally very well, from college hires to those with moderate experience. However, there is not a good path for seasoned and advanced experience. There is not a natural means for joining into the established upper roles and groups.

Considering providing way to open the inner circle more with added insights to sales, proposals, staffing and other strategic efforts. Especially for those who have more advanced backgrounds and experience.

Balance Is The Key

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great company culture (monthly outings, quarterly meetings, friendly/helpful co-workers)
    -Great benefits
    -Great pay
    -Great perks (Free snacks, drinks, tickets to sporting events, etc)
    -Flexible hours
    -Excellent work-life balance. I rarely ever needed to work over 40 hours/week (maybe 2-3 times in 6 months), and when I did need to it was my own fault
    -Fantastic PTO policy
    -Annual salary review

Cons

-Organizational structure means that although there are a lot of employees (100+), you will often be working in a very small team (or alone) on projects.
    -Must learn-on-the-fly, usually with little or no training from a senior engineer. (Probably not uncommon in the industry)

What a rewarding career opportunity!

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing & talented people who are genuinely passionate about what they do! Great culture, fun atmosphere, true work/life balance, social committee, beautiful office space, benefits, perks, the list goes on...
    Clarity is a great place to start your career - you are given the right tools and if you use them correctly, you will move your way up quickly!

Cons

If you don't take initiative and step up, this is not the right place for you. You must show enthusiasm and passion for what you do - be flexible with projects and work within a team environment at various client sites. If you can't do that, this isn't the right place for you.

As long as the CEO continues what he's doing, this place will continue to excel. He is what makes this place rock!

The reasons I love my job

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy coming to work everyday because I get to work with brilliant people, and we're in charge of our own destiny. We are trusted to make decisions and run the areas of our expertise. it's a great environment that stimulates growth and allows many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

While many people love the city, I am burbs kind of guy, so the commute in the winter is the only thing that drags on me at times. in the summer it's easy, but in bad weather it's less than stellar. the train does make it easy enough to manage though.

Clarity Consulting Response

Sep 19, 2014Director, Recruiting

Quoted from our CEO - "Company culture is front-and-center. It’s our goal to create a 'rewarding' job experience for our employees." Thanks for the crazy winter commutes - glad to hear that you ... More

Great Company

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, lots of benefits, management is open and forward-looking. Emphasis on personal growth for employees at all levels.

Cons

Billing by hourly budgets means work schedule is tighter and less flexible than other software jobs.

A fantastically-run company with low company BS and high employment and pay opportunities.

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clarity is a consulting firm run by consultants. Many of my previous jobs was full of meetings, HR uselessness, power trips, and tenure-based compensation, but Clarity throws all that aside. If you work hard and make yourself known, you will move up the ladders quickly. The hierarchy is very flat and there are really only 3 positions: Engagement Engineer, Engagement Manager, and Principle. Every leader has been a developer before and every person I have met so far is bright and been in your shoes.

Cons

Commuting to client offices is sometimes terrible. Along those lines, some client offices are bloated like typical companies and sometimes you get caught in the crossfire. There are not many holidays and getting at least 40 hours a week is more important than my previous jobs.

Keep doing what your doing. Clarity is a fantastic place to work.

Great company with lots of room for advancement

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work with very talented individuals who are passionate about what they do. Everyone is willing to help teach and share knowledge. Management is clear on expectations, and what needs to be done to move up the ladder - they tend to promote from within. Work/life balance is encouraged while over time is discouraged by paying salaried workers an over time rate.

Cons

Some consider the need for initiative (you are responsible for learning new things, reaching out for help when you need it) a con, sometimes travel to the suburbs is required

Keep it up!

Worked for Clarity Consulting? Contribute to the Community!