Clarity Services

Clarity Services Reviews

Updated October 31, 2014
Updated October 31, 2014

Tim Ranney

Interesting place to work.

Former Employee - Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

*It's a small workforce, everyone knows your name.
    *Pay is decent, unless you're in sales then it's great.
    *Job expectations are clear.
    *Opportunities to learn are there if you're willing to seek them out.
    *Upper management is very present and active in day to day operations.

Cons

*Communication is poor.
    *Professional growth potential is low.
    *Change of any kind is unlikely.
    *It's run like a one man show.

Communicate with your employees what is going on in the company, offer career advancements or even job sharing of some kind, stop favorite playing and stop flying by the seat of your pants.

Great business model, poorly executed

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

-Entrepreneurial and aggressive business model
    -Relaxed Culture
    -Direct access to executive management
    -Good dinners
    -Wolf of Wall Street ish when revenue is up

Cons

-Poor leadership
    -No career growth potential unless you get under the right person's wing. Most of these people leave as soon as another opportunity arises
    -Sketchy, volatile industry.
    -NEPOTISM
    -Executives and sales (pseudo-executives) are in general underqualified and lack industry experience.
    -Weird cult of personality around the CEO
    -High attrition among real talent. Cushy dead end jobs for others.

Hire people with industry experience and leadership skills to replaces yourselves

These reviews are not from angry employees; they're dead honest

Current Employee - Anonymous in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedules

Good benny's for single ppl

High salaries for people who do nothing but "manage relationships".

Women are promoted, even if they struggle.

A few management folks who you can really learn a lot about consumer lending from

Such an emphasis on food and eating.

Cons

Lots of people around this office saying they have virtually nothing to do, which frustrates those who actually work 50-60 hour weeks.

Embarrassingly clueless executive staff (with 1 exception)

Such a weak and dependent senior sales staff, it's no wonder Clarity's competitors are still in business. Not to mention people who have no business managing a Mini-mart, let alone a multi-million dollar Clarity account.

Morale is ATROCIOUS

When will you realize how poorly run this organization is? Never seen a company with so much useless overhead.

Disorganized Data Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Clarity Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I would love the health insurance if I were single. Prices are even more outrageous if you have children.

Very nice office

Met some great folks that taught me a lot during my time with this company. If you are wise you leave on your own and do not stay long.

Real talent lives in the IT,product, and analytic departments.

Work hours are flexible at times especially for sales

CEOs jokes are hilarious

Cons

Sales team is safe for eternity. This company builds them up to be superior to everyone in the organization.
    Compared to other organizations I have worked for they are horrible! Their only real skill is they can push work off and pick up a dinner tab. Can not do their job that is to sell data and rely on the CEO or product to sell everything. The CEO likes it this way. Often thought of an inside joke within the company.

Senior management are all employed due to the fact that they were close friends with the CEO at previous times

Some jobs are pointless meaning employers can freely pick up a paycheck and put 20 hours of work in a month. Lack of any structure. Did I mention paid monthly.

raise or bonus= forget it

Your pay will get cut or you will get cut when the company hits a rough patch.

You let the CEO direct your job. Start establishing process and clean up disorganization within every department. Professional growth plans are appreciated.

Small company struggling to evolve into a growth company.

I have been working at Clarity Services

Pros

Relaxed work atmosphere but also lots of hard work being done. Progressive time off plans. Too small for in-house training and career advancement.

Cons

Benefits are standard for Tampa Bay area. New leadership is really trying to shake things up and provide a foundation of personnel and management practices.

Objective and truthful view of Clarity

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was a Clarity employee for quite some time. While my relationship with my manager/team was excellent, this is a completely objective (and commonly shared) view of the company.

Comp is pretty good, my department enjoyed working with each other. We had just the right amount of fun/work and everyone was pretty dedicated to seeing the company succeed. The company has other skilled depts too. Their analytics/data team was so easy to work with, great at their jobs, and clients leaned on them for industry knowledge and strategy consulting. Clarity would, undoubtedly, be screwed without them. The IT developers are also passionate about what they do and I enjoyed working with them. They knew the systems inside and out.

Cons

Senior management, without a question. The president rarely lets anyone propose ideas, unless they're his own. He may have built a company sucessfully, but is not skilled enough anymore to take the company to that "next level". To make matters worse, he hired one of his friends as the COO who knows absolutely nothing about consumer lending or data solutions. She's a nice lady, but it's simply embarassing - both internally and externally - and has brought morale in many depts to an all time low, since many other team leaders do actually understand financial services.

Simply put, Clarity is a data vendor. The only people that seemed to know the products and data, inside and out, were IT folks and the analysts. The account people in the field absolutely did not, and customers picked up on that. Why the analytical depts were undervalued is just stunning. Unless the president realizes its time to let some other knowledgeable people propose business strategies, I have a little to no faith in this company's future success.

Director of Sales

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros

The ability to work from home and travel. The people I worked with were/are absolutely fantastic hardworking caring people who really seemed to enjoy growing and participating in the success of the company. The products were cutting edge, and I enjoyed and was excited everyday about making a positive impact with the clients that were served, and new clients that came aboard.

Cons

One of the SVP's had no interest in being a manager, set no direction of the team, and was actually a detriment to the success of the team. It was also obvious the company has not participated in any type of Strategic Planning since its inception 5-6 years ago, and tended to be reactionary to unexpected issues rather than proactive by having plans in place to deal with these unexpected risks that affected the company to the point where they had to lay off most of the employees they hired over the past year or so.

Invest in Strategic Planning through a professional planner that will come in and help guide the company to a successful long-term plan. This will enable the company to be proactive against risk and prevent some of the mistakes they have made, especially when it comes to hiring good people then laying them off because of these unexpected revenue issues, which has caused pain and disruption in the lives of hard working and talented people.

Can't say enough good things about this company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company culture is pleasant, friendly, and employee-centric. Employees are valued and respected for their ideas, contributions and abilities. This company knows the true meaning of "Teamwork." Benefits are amazing! Altogether a wonderful experience.

Cons

None! First time I've ever said that.

Forward thinking, competitive, wholesome

Current Employee - Executive in Clearfield, UT
    Current Employee - Executive in Clearfield, UT

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Abilities are recognized both monetarily and strategically.

Cons

Company is really positive.i I don't have a negative.

Keep up the great work!

If it wasn't for the management I wouldn't look for another job.

Current Employee - Analyst in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services

Pros

It is a small company that is growing by leaps and bounds. They are very family focused and treat their employees well.

Cons

Unfortunately, they are not dealing well with the fast growth and the confusion about jobs and responsibilities is terrible. They can’t seem to get out of the Mom & Pop business mentality and bring in some structure. A formalized way of dealing with employees is needed rather than just letting someone go without any prior issues.

Schedule performance reviews, communicate your goals, let people know if there is a problem and allow them the opportunity to fix things.