Clarity Services

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Ranney

Interesting place to work.

Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

Pros*It's a small workforce, everyone knows your name.
*Pay is decent, unless you're in sales then it's great.
*Job expectations are clear.
*Opportunities to learn are there if you're willing to seek them out.
*Upper management is very present and active in day to day operations.

Cons*Communication is poor.
*Professional growth potential is low.
*Change of any kind is unlikely.
*It's run like a one man show.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees what is going on in the company, offer career advancements or even job sharing of some kind, stop favorite playing and stop flying by the seat of your pants.

Objective and truthful view of Clarity

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time for more than a year

ProsI was a Clarity employee for quite some time. While my relationship with my manager/team was excellent, this is a completely objective (and commonly shared) view of the company.

Comp is pretty good, my department enjoyed working with each other. We had just the right amount of fun/work and everyone was pretty dedicated to seeing the company succeed. The company has other skilled depts too. Their analytics/data team was so easy to work with, great at their jobs, and clients leaned on them for industry knowledge and strategy consulting. Clarity would, undoubtedly, be screwed without them. The IT developers are also passionate about what they do and I enjoyed working with them. They knew the systems inside and out.

ConsSenior management, without a question. The president rarely lets anyone propose ideas, unless they're his own. He may have built a company sucessfully, but is not skilled enough anymore to take the company to that "next level". To make matters worse, he hired one of his friends as the COO who knows absolutely nothing about consumer lending or data solutions. She's a nice lady, but it's simply embarassing - both internally and externally - and has brought morale in many depts to an all time low, since many other team leaders do actually understand financial services.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimply put, Clarity is a data vendor. The only people that seemed to know the products and data, inside and out, were IT folks and the analysts. The account people in the field absolutely did not, and customers picked up on that. Why the analytical depts were undervalued is just stunning. Unless the president realizes its time to let some other knowledgeable people propose business strategies, I have a little to no faith in this company's future success.

Director of Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Clarity Services full-time

ProsThe ability to work from home and travel. The people I worked with were/are absolutely fantastic hardworking caring people who really seemed to enjoy growing and participating in the success of the company. The products were cutting edge, and I enjoyed and was excited everyday about making a positive impact with the clients that were served, and new clients that came aboard.

ConsOne of the SVP's had no interest in being a manager, set no direction of the team, and was actually a detriment to the success of the team. It was also obvious the company has not participated in any type of Strategic Planning since its inception 5-6 years ago, and tended to be reactionary to unexpected issues rather than proactive by having plans in place to deal with these unexpected risks that affected the company to the point where they had to lay off most of the employees they hired over the past year or so.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in Strategic Planning through a professional planner that will come in and help guide the company to a successful long-term plan. This will enable the company to be proactive against risk and prevent some of the mistakes they have made, especially when it comes to hiring good people then laying them off because of these unexpected revenue issues, which has caused pain and disruption in the lives of hard working and talented people.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Can't say enough good things about this company!

Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time for less than a year

ProsCompany culture is pleasant, friendly, and employee-centric. Employees are valued and respected for their ideas, contributions and abilities. This company knows the true meaning of "Teamwork." Benefits are amazing! Altogether a wonderful experience.

ConsNone! First time I've ever said that.

Forward thinking, competitive, wholesome

Executive (Current Employee)
Clearfield, UT

I have been working at Clarity Services full-time for more than a year

ProsAbilities are recognized both monetarily and strategically.

ConsCompany is really positive.i I don't have a negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

If it wasn't for the management I wouldn't look for another job.

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Clarity Services

ProsIt is a small company that is growing by leaps and bounds. They are very family focused and treat their employees well.

ConsUnfortunately, they are not dealing well with the fast growth and the confusion about jobs and responsibilities is terrible. They can’t seem to get out of the Mom & Pop business mentality and bring in some structure. A formalized way of dealing with employees is needed rather than just letting someone go without any prior issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementSchedule performance reviews, communicate your goals, let people know if there is a problem and allow them the opportunity to fix things.

Worked for Clarity Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clarity Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clarity Services CEO Tim Ranney . All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Clarity Services employees.