Clarity Solution Group Reviews

Updated March 5, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
4.0
Mike Lamble

Great culture and lots of opportunities!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll have to wear many hats at Clarity no matter your role. At any level, there is also an expectation that you are involved in growing the business. If you like tons of opportunity and an open environment culture that feels like family, this is the place to be.

Cons

Consulting can be a challenging lifestyle, but there are a lot of benefits and rewards. You must be flexible with this career, as well as, with a growing company where things can change quite often. Be ready to get involved and be stretched!

Advice to Management

I hope we keep the open environment and fun culture(events, sports teams, volunteer/charity,etc.) as we continue to grow. I definitely think our values and culture set us apart.

2. Great Company Culture/Great People

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group

Pros

The company culture is what keeps me at Clarity. The people are very welcoming and supportive of each individuals career. There is a small business like mindset at Clarity. I feel extremely comfortable reaching out to any leadership and executive member for career advice.
    Clarity is involved in different races around the city during the summer and also participates in Adopt-A-Family around the holidays as well as Chicago Cares Serve-A-Thon.
    We are involved in about 3 intramural sports throughout the year: Basketball, Soccer, and Kickball. These events provide great networking throughout the company considering Consulting/traveling can be quite taxing.

Cons

The pay is not very competitive with other companies salary however, the experience, training, and mentorship are all valuable things to consider.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've enjoyed my experience at Clarity so far.

Please Increase Pay

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Company Culture
    -Exposure to diverse clients and tools
    -Great people to work with
    -Good vacation policy

Cons

-Pay is mediocre
    -The compensation and the hours you are working are disproportionate

Advice to Management

Please increase the pay of ACs, SACs, and Cs. It's ridiculous how those positions rake in the most money for you(which is understandable, this is the norm throughout all organizations) but how severely under compensated they are. The team has gotten really top heavy and you continue to give them generous wages. If this doesn't get corrected soon you will lose a lot of your young talent.

Don't believe too much in their marketing ploy

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Headquartered in Chicago. Some well known clients, while most of the others are pretty uninspiring companies

Cons

Pay is truly subpar despite charging clients about $100/hr for Associate level consultants. The Associate level consultants are hired mainly from a pool of graduates from okay/decent/good Midwestern school majoring in a variety of fields. 401k contributions maxed at 2%, and even that takes a few years for it to become fully vested. Hours range from 40hrs on some projects and 60 on others depending on which projects you get assigned. No overtime. Bonus is pretty pathetic for ACs and Senior ACs. They charge you $$thousands$$ for the training if you want to quit within a year.

Advice to Management

If you want the company to be truly elite, treat them like elites with substantial pay instead of increasing the size of entry level consultants for the sole purpose of making money off of them.

6. While it's been a short period of time, I have had a tremendous experience with them.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a small team, but people seem to be competent and work as team members

Cons

Very focused on being Chicago based

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

7. Best Place for Consultants in Data and Analytics

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is one that truly understands the demands of being a consultant and the leaders and employees are completely focused on doing what it right for each other and our clients. Clarity is growing quickly and the career opportunities are unlimited for smart people that love data and analytics consulting. When Clarity says it pays bonuses, it actually does unlike most of the other firms out there. The leadership team really listens to employees and it doesn't matter what your level is in the company, everyone matters.

Cons

None that really bother me but it would be good to have more formal development opportunities and maybe travel a little less.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Don't ever become just like the other consulting firms. Stay approachable and keep listening.

8. Comfortable, Supportive and Involved

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are three main things that keep me happy at Clarity. 1. Clarity is like a family in a sense, which is hard to find in growing consulting companies. The culture and internal community is one of the strong points this company has. 2. On the work/career side, Clarity has a lot to offer with personal growth opportunities. 3. The visibly and involvement of the leadership.

Cons

With any consulting job, travel and hours can get challenging/stressful, but with that said I personally prefer that over doing a '9-5, do X,Y,Z every day and repeat' type of job.

Advice to Management

Just to be careful on not losing that small company feel with such a rapidly growing company.

9. Small specialized consulting company with BIG NAME clients.

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the leaders in BI consulting! Great company values, holiday events, work/life balance with unlimited vacation (which is tied to utilization and bonus %), and amazing list of clients!

Fast growing company with a lot of room for growth. Small enough company where you are on a first name basis with leadership.

Great clients, but even better colleagues! In consulting especially, you might not always love the client or the project, but enjoying the people you work with is a must.

Will stay at this company for many years.

Cons

Always with consulting you might not always feel connected to everyone in the company, however Clarity will host happy hours on Fridays or events on Saturdays, so people can still get together and network with others not on their project.

Advice to Management

Keep up the small company values!

10. Great culture and opportunities for growth

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group full-time

Pros

Clarity is a great place for professional growth. There are plenty of internal training opportunities to learn software and concepts spanning across numerous subject areas (e.g., analytics, big data, and ETL).

Clarity's culture is inviting and team-oriented, unlike many larger consulting firms.

The time-off policy is fantastic. There is no cap on PTO days, which encourages employees to work hard and play hard.

Cons

As expected in consulting, work-life balance is sometimes in jeopardy due to travel. However, Clarity is moving towards allowing employees to work remotely when possible, which is a perk for those who prefer not to travel (not to mention the cost benefits to the clients).

Advice to Management

Continue to build an inviting culture and keep an impressive pool of talent during the company's accelerated growth.

11. Challenging, busy, and rewarding environment

I have been working at Clarity Solution Group full-time

Pros

The work is interesting, never boring, and the environment is growing rapidly. They love to grow leaders from within and most people are passionate about career growth. Time off can be pretty flexible as long as client demands are met which is very nice.

Cons

Personal/Work life balance can be extremely unbalanced at times. The salary seems a little low compared to others in the industry. Also, a lot of clients are located in Chicago suburbs and you are expected to find your own way without compensation (no metra pass or gas reimbursement).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, compensation for local travel would be nice, and more, ongoing, training is always helpful.