Clarizen

Updated February 13, 2015
Updated February 13, 2015
3.9

Avinoam Nowogrodski

Clarizen - Sales (San Mateo)

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Clarizen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a ton of demand for Clarizen's product and a lot of opportunity inside of the company as a sales rep to make money. Lead flow is extremely strong, and management is helpful in aiding reps to push deals to closure. In the past year, sales management has taken a company which previously was focused on the SMB market and pushed the company / product to enterprise grade. Big kudos to sales management in San Mateo on taking Clarizen to the next level.

Cons

While the fridge is fully stocked with drinks and snacks, there isn't a catered lunch or anything of that sort. Some folks might prefer this. I personally prefer more $$$.

None.

Great product, lack of leadership

Former Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Clarizen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great product
    Demand in Market
    Leader in space

Cons

Bad management/leaders
    Employees promoted by default for being there for so long not because they are qualified
    If manager wants you to succeed you will, you will be given good leads and opportunites if not don't worry you wont be fired but they will make it very uncomfortable for you and you will be pushed out
    No work life balance
    No room for growth
    No culture at all, it's just work work work

Leader in the market but I don't reccommend

I worked at Clarizen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros are the demand for the product, it's one of the leaders in the space and a lot of buzz around it. There are a lot of inbound leads and I met alot of really great people while I was here.

Cons

There are a lot of cons, where do I begin? On the SDR side there is no opportunity to grow. Your only next step is to become an AE which isn't realistic. There is no training once you transition from SDR to AE. "Trainings" are watching webinars and reading a 50 page book that no one ever really reads. You're given a crappy territory because you're not fully trusted completely but you have the SAME quota as everyone else, therefore you're set up for failure and then your made to feel like crap for not hitting your number. You're compared to AE's who are doing great but those AE's are favored and given better territories and hand given certain opportunities. Basically if the manager wants you to succeed you will and if not, you will know.

Company lacks culture big time, there is no culture

Very cheap company. No employee lunches, nothing was ever catered, employees would encourage and organize pot lucks, even for the holidays.

No perks, other than eat club which was really there to keep people from taking lunches and leaving the office

No team buildling

Lack of communication as a company, wasn't that big when I was there and all of a sudden there would be a new employee/executive and no one would know who they are or where they came from

Unprofessional alot of the time. No HR so guidlines and policies were constantly broken

I agree with the other review of people being promoted because they've just been there for so long. Managers are put in place who have no business ever managing people.

No matter what position you're in I just don't see an opportunity to grow or take it to the next level

Fast pace environment!

I have been working at Clarizen full-time

Pros

The people there are very helpful and collaborative. You also have direct access to top management so it is a great place to have your voice be heard.

Cons

Need a bigger engineering/developer team. Not being able to fix bugs quick enough is due to lack of resources. Need to hire more people for this.

Cool atmosphere with cool people

I worked at Clarizen full-time

Pros

Really close-knit group of people in the office. You see and interact with pretty much everyone on a day to day basis, including the CEO. The product is awesome and is ahead of its time. Once companies realize the value, this company will take off.

Cons

A lot of the things that were negative have changed with new "higher-ups" in place. This company is really on the right track.

Good product, leadership and culture need work

I have been working at Clarizen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great product and engineers out of the company's Israel HQ make this an attractive place to work if you want to sell or support a product you genuinely believe in.

Cons

Sales and Marketing, at least through 2012, needed a lot of work. Most of Clarizen's marketing is done out of Israel and the language barrier hurts the company's image and sales efforts tremendously. Overall, still a good place to work and get some experience selling a robust and powerful tool, but not the fast-growing startup that many (such as myself) would want in a long term employer.

Amazing Company, Best Product in its Class

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Clarizen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The product is phenomenal and is rapidly getting even better. Clarizen is also quickly gaining traction and momentum in the market with consistent three digit year over year growth for multiple years. The team is growing rapidly and our executive staff is incredibly strong. IPO highly likely in 2-3 years. Fun culture with perks like Friday happy hours.

Cons

The hours can be quite long, and we could always use more members on our teams... but that is the nature of working at a fast growing company.

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales
    Former Employee - Inside Sales

I worked at Clarizen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, Start-up of 150 people including all the benefits of a company where you can make things move. Very close to the Top Management enabling a great communication. Great colleagues.

Cons

Opportunities when the company is growing, otherwise the organic options for personal growth are limited.

My favorite employer to date

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Hod HaSharon (Israel)
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Hod HaSharon (Israel)

I have been working at Clarizen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing personnel
    Cutting edge technology
    Bright-bright future
    Family-like comradeship
    Management treats employee's like partners

Cons

Quite long hours, hard to balance after-work life, but definitely possible if you work at it.

Great company, great people, however, work is usually done in high stress environments

I have been working at Clarizen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people... truly some of the finest developers and testers I have ever worked with.
    Management is in tune with employees and there is a good family feel to the place

Cons

Work in high stress environment. Sometimes things are done without thinking through and need suffer the consequences by working long hours to back track and fix past mistakes