Clark Construction Group

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Moser

Pros
  • A lot of young people running projects (in 3 reviews)

• Highly respected firm focused on pursuing high profile and "real" (funded) projects (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor work/life balance (don't listen to how much they preach, it's nonsense) (in 6 reviews)

• Your work long hours and you are pushed to the limit (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

great!

Prosgreat people and culture. work-life balance is great. On-site gym is gree

Conspoor benefits. Health care coverage is mediocre but they take a lot out of your pay for it. 401k matching is piss-poor and investment selections is also mediocre.

Interesting Working Experience

ProsGet to see projects from the ground up.

ConsOffice Managers have many tasks to do and are often treated as mear assistants.

Great start, Terrible to Finish

Project Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros- Level of responsibility
    - High profile jobs
    - Ability to climb the ladder fairly quickly once you're able to provide proof of results
    - Good team environment

Cons- Severe lack of diversity in management
    - Very poor work/life balance (don't listen to how much they preach, it's nonsense)
    - Less and less transparency at the higher levels
    - Too much bravado, not enough innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing future MANAGERS not Engineers. What do you get when you throw a bunch of untrained, impersonable, highly intelligent Engineers on a job-site? Make sure people are happy, not just paid on time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clark Construction is an excellent company that cares about their employees.

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsClark's professionalism, polished processes, and consistency make them well respected by subcontractors and owners alike. The company culture fosters a positive team spirit on the jobsite. As a result, I get to spend each day surrounded by people I truly like working for a company that I'm proud to be a part of.

ConsIn my experience and observation, the promotion process can be tedious and often promotions are overdue by the time they are awarded.

A very supportive and encouraging work environment.

Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe project management staff were open to any questions and were always willing to answer any questions in detail.

ConsI did not come across any cons during the small period I was interning for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good, efficient work.

Very encouraging work environment

Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAll the project management staff were open to any questions and were always willing to teach or answer any questions

ConsTasks can be monotonous at times.

Pleasant place to work.

Superintendent (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFriendly environment. Highly ethical organization. Large, interesting projects. Good development & advancement opportunity for engineers & PMs.

ConsLimited growth opportunity for field staff. Prevalent attitude of privilege by status.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more growth & advancement opportunity for field staff by offering / encouraging same training as offered to engineers & PMs. Cross train Superintendents & assistant sups. In office& PM side processes to create a more equitable opportunity environment & ultimately a stronger company.

I enjoyed my time at Clark. They were very supportive and encouraging.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have very good benefits, understanding staff, and generous.

ConsMust move to where the job will be if not you will be laid-off.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more minorities in the office (PM, Admin, Engineers)

They are a temp for hire company.

Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGood company to work for just not enough work in or around my area.

ConsJust not enough work to keep me working in the state of Alabama.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more work outside of your home office state.

re-constructing platform services, drilling point masonry joints and do assignments that the foreman instructs me

Laborer (Former Employee) New Carrollton, MD

ProsI liked problem solving. With Clark it gave me opportunities to do so everyday on the job. I like to build and I like the atmosphere of helping co-workers to complete task.

ConsBesides the 7 day work week with 12 hour shifts on the 6th and 7th day Clark was a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood morale in the field could be better.

Worked for Clark Construction Group? Contribute to the Community!