Clark Construction Group

Clark Construction Group Reviews in Washington, DC

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Moser

Pros
  • A lot of young people running projects(in 3 reviews)

• Highly respected firm focused on pursuing high profile and "real" (funded) projects(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor work/life balance (don't listen to how much they preach, it's nonsense)(in 6 reviews)

• Your work long hours and you are pushed to the limit(in 9 reviews)

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A very supportive and encouraging work environment.

Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe project management staff were open to any questions and were always willing to answer any questions in detail.

ConsI did not come across any cons during the small period I was interning for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good, efficient work.

Very encouraging work environment

Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAll the project management staff were open to any questions and were always willing to teach or answer any questions

ConsTasks can be monotonous at times.

re-constructing platform services, drilling point masonry joints and do assignments that the foreman instructs me

Laborer (Former Employee) New Carrollton, MD

ProsI liked problem solving. With Clark it gave me opportunities to do so everyday on the job. I like to build and I like the atmosphere of helping co-workers to complete task.

ConsBesides the 7 day work week with 12 hour shifts on the 6th and 7th day Clark was a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood morale in the field could be better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clark Construction - Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI enjoyed the diversity of responsibilities given to me as a project engineer. In addition, you are given a good amount of responsibility as well as autonomy to become part of management in your own way.

ConsHonestly, I can not find a negative perspective to the job at this time. I've heard that you can be capped at a certain salary once an individual reaches the title of Project Manager. This usually is the cause for those to seek employment elsewhere.

Wonderful people, exciting work

Intern (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsReally interesting, smart, fun people to work with; I was a summer intern with Clark and worked on site in a trailer and after 2 months of I felt like I had learned so much

ConsI am a planning major so it was not an ideal internship for me, but it was still very beneficial and looks good on my resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice - I loved my summer spent with this company

Project Engineer experience at Clark Construction Group

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsThere is potential for career growth - must align yourself with the right individual(s).

ConsWork-life balance when I worked there was little to non-existent. I hope things have improved.

Project Intern

Project Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFun, challenging, exciting, lots of resources for personal and professional growth

ConsI literally have no cons. Everything was amazing.

Project Executive

Project Executive (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

Pros- A chance to work on large diversified projects
    - Steady stable career
    - A lot of young people running projects
    - Well established systesm/processes

Cons- Upper management doesn't communicate well with employees about where the company is going, prospects...etc
    - Upper management is very clickish. You need a "daddy" to advance
    - You get stuck in the middle of the ladder for a long time with no guidance on how to take the next step
    - Your work long hours and you are pushed to the limit
    - Very conservative in utilizing new technologies
    - No consistency on how to run work between the regions

Advice to Senior ManagementLess ivory tower decisions and closed doors meetings

Summer Intern Review

Project Management Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGot to have large roles of responsibility. They pay well for an internship and treat us well with a couple happy hour events.

ConsExperience dependent on job site assigned. Much more rewarding to be part of structural construction than close-out.

Good company

Project Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThey're the largest GC in the DC area and build the largest and most interesting projects around. You can get exposure to a lot of different aspects of the business if you make an attempt to learn. Good job security...only 1 round of big layoffs since the recession, others have been here and there.

ConsCompared to other companies, fairly weak pay and bonus packages. Bonuses are tied to jobs, and some won't reach you for 2-3 years. If you have a good boss they will take care of you at the main office. Many youngsters with 3-5 years in leave for more money and responsibility. Also a very top heavy company, to many meetings with 5 VP's who all have great ideas but depend on the guys at the lower ends of the food chain to do the work.....takes away some of the development opportunities for young managers to take the lead. The 10 days/year of vacation for the first 5 years is weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that better career development plans need to be established. It is so very dependent on who you are fortunate enough to work for and what exposure they give you. Good people get bounced around a lot, especially to some of the large federal jobs that are great for the company but not a lot of fun for your employees. Something outside of the yearly performance review is needed. Also, combine time off and sick to one PTO bank..maybe have 20 days after 3 years???

Worked for Clark Construction Group? Contribute to the Community!