Clark Patterson Lee

www.clarkpatterson.com

Clark Patterson Lee Reviews

3.4

Phillip J. Clark

Excellent opportunities, fair management.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer

Pros

CPL is a great place for me to start my career. My mentors have been extremely supportive and understanding because I am a recent college graduate. Even though I don't know much about the field yet, they never become frustrated with the mistakes I make. They are always willing to teach me the right way to complete a project. Time off has never been denied, and they offer flexible work schedules.

Cons

The salary and compensations are relatively low. I know that other firms pay more, and the health insurance isn't the greatest.

Pay the employees more money. Keep up the excellent management and mentoring. CPL is a great starting company to work for, but don't expect to get rich.

Mediocre

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Pros

There is a general belief in doing the right thing at Clark Patterson Lee but it is not done very well when it comes time to execute.

Cons

The management structure of the company is opaque. There is no plan, other than to execute on the work in front of every one. It is pretty much an "every man for himself" shop which means to survive you need to build alliances and really work the political side of interaction.

Hire some professional managers who know how to run a company and keep the practice managers focused on doing the work with the clients. Just because you have a PE or an Architect's license does not mean you know how to run a business. In fact, most don't want to and chafe at having to do the business administration side of their jobs.

Professional Engineering and Design

Current Employee - Civil Engineer-Field Representative  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer-Field Representative in Rochester, NY

Pros

Great company good people to work with.

Cons

Information on how the company is view as a whole

I think their great people aways happy to see me

Worked for Clark Patterson Lee? Contribute to the Community!