Clark Patterson Lee

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Phillip J. Clark

Excellent opportunities, fair management.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsCPL is a great place for me to start my career. My mentors have been extremely supportive and understanding because I am a recent college graduate. Even though I don't know much about the field yet, they never become frustrated with the mistakes I make. They are always willing to teach me the right way to complete a project. Time off has never been denied, and they offer flexible work schedules.

ConsThe salary and compensations are relatively low. I know that other firms pay more, and the health insurance isn't the greatest.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the employees more money. Keep up the excellent management and mentoring. CPL is a great starting company to work for, but don't expect to get rich.

Mediocre

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsThere is a general belief in doing the right thing at Clark Patterson Lee but it is not done very well when it comes time to execute.

ConsThe management structure of the company is opaque. There is no plan, other than to execute on the work in front of every one. It is pretty much an "every man for himself" shop which means to survive you need to build alliances and really work the political side of interaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some professional managers who know how to run a company and keep the practice managers focused on doing the work with the clients. Just because you have a PE or an Architect's license does not mean you know how to run a business. In fact, most don't want to and chafe at having to do the business administration side of their jobs.

Professional Engineering and Design

Civil Engineer-Field Representative (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsGreat company good people to work with.

ConsInformation on how the company is view as a whole

Advice to Senior ManagementI think their great people aways happy to see me

Worked for Clark Patterson Lee? Contribute to the Community!