Clarke Allen Group

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Clarke Allen

Internship at Clarke Allen

ProsInterning at Clarke Allen was probably one of the best decisions I have made. After graduation, you're not exactly prepared for the real world and the real event planning business but Clarke Allen gets you hands-on experience. I have learned more through the Clarke Allen group about event planning than I did in school. When I say Clarke Allen is a hands-on company, they really do show you the insight to event planning and what comes with it. After being on sight and working with all of these wonderful employees, I feel that I am more prepared for the industry and I look forward to being in it!

ConsI don't think 12 weeks is enough to learn everything Clarke Allen has to offer!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is always very helpful and they know when to step in and when you must learn things for yourself.

Hands On Internship Experience with Very Helpful and Friendly Staff.

Event Coordinator/Assistant (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsWorking at Clarke Allen was the first look into event planning that I have ever had. Being an intern, I didn't expect to be working on so many actual projects, but this company proved me wrong. From the moment I started, I was assigned several tasks including client proposals, vendor communications, and budget sheets. I was able to understand each aspect of making an event come to life. The staff was always willing to answer my questions and lead me to another task. I loved being able to work on an event from start to finish and I was even able to travel with the team to work on-site an event. Being an intern at Clarke Allen definitely helped prepare me for a career in this industry!

Cons4 months was way too short to spend with this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for being so willing to help get the interns more involved with the entire event planning process.

Event Planning Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsYou receive so much insight and experience about the industry and you are always learning something new every single day. The staff is very polite, generous, and takes the time to teach you things. The staff not only cares about your performance in the office but they ask about your personal life as well which is comforting and refreshing. I know I will never find another work place to work in like theres ever in my life but I also know I can go to them if I ever needed anything.

ConsYou eat, sleep, and breathe your job but I loved what I was doing so I didnt mind :)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard and taking care of each other and don't forget to take a lunch break every now and then ;)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing experience with an awesome work environment

Event Coordinator/Assistant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsMy favorite thing about working at Clarke Allen has been some of the amazing experiences I have been able to be a part of. Having just graduated college, I never thought I would already be contributing to such large and important meetings. At Clarke Allen, I have a voice. I also love the community and work environment, the people here are amazing and we treat each other like family. I never thought I would enjoy coming to work every day, but I do here.

ConsNothing I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love how involved everyone is and how everyone has a voice at the table, keep up the amazing work!

Amazing Internship Experience

Event Planning Intern (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI just finished a 4 month internship at Clarke Allen and could not have asked for a better experience. Everyone was so kind and helpful as I learned the in's and out's of the hospitality and event planning business. I didn't have very much experience in this industry, but they helped me learn so much and set me up for an amazing career.

ConsI didn't want my summer to end!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the amazing work!

Dissapointing Opportunity & Extremely poor treatment of staff

Event Coordinator/Assistant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsNetwork of Clients & Vendors you build
    Experience from Senior Designer

ConsThis company has gotten away with free labor or paying very minimum wage for the 18 years they are in business. For even the most qualified individuals with a bachelor's degree and years in the hospitality industry, you will be brought on for an unpaid internship which has 10% chance of turning into a "paid" position of $10/hr - no commission, no raises. They make empty promises to employees and have gotten by hiring a new group every 6 months after the trained and qualified employees get fed up with the poor management, lack of structure, and insulting compensation and eventually leave.

The Clarke Allen Group presents itself as youthful and innovative but falls short and represents a failing, unreliable & unfaithful company. While you may get lucky planning an event here with one of their Coordinators or Designers on staff, rest assured that same employee will not be there the next time you call.

Unfortunately for Clarke Allen Group, this company serves merely as a platform for youthful, talented and educated individuals who end up using this "opportunity" as a springboard for their real career which will provide them with more autonomy, respect, and proper compensation in one day than you would receive at Clarke Allen in a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with the respect they deserve; people are not disposable. It is both insulting and dissapointing to work for this company and receive nothing in return after endless hours of labor. Not to mention the daily scrutiny of having to prove your self-worth.

Worked for Clarke Allen Group? Contribute to the Community!