Clarkmorgan Corporate Training

Updated May 17, 2014
4.7

Jeff Lunz

Best place to work

Current Employee - Marketing Executive  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture of ClarkMorgan is strong and the team is made up of very experienced staff. Everyone knows their role and cooperates well.

Cons

For new staff who are not used to managing their own time it can be challenging. KPIs are clear, but reaching them is sometimes left to the individual.

New staff need more on-boarding training to prepare them to manage their own time.

Highly experienced team supporting one another

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. My colleagues are very knowledgeable in their respective fields, and our clients consist of the world's Global 1000 firms. Every day you get challenged to 'evolve', which is our compny motto also.

Cons

One of the challenges of working in China is that clients can be very demanding, and there is occassionally a habit for sales staff to follow the mantra that 'The Customer is God'. This is improving, but occassionally there are extra stresses that involve going above and beyond.

Keep developing the sales staff and teach them to say 'no'.

I love the family feeling

Current Employee - Sales  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Sales in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros

ClarkMorgan feels like a family. We do team building together, and support each other with a lot of internal training.

Cons

There is a lot to learn in the first month. The company has over 160 modules and a lot of consulting products.

Clarkmorgan Corporate Training Response

Apr 24, 2014Marketing Director

Thanks for your confidence in ClarkMorgan.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Happy family. Lots of opportunity to learn.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working here, it is one big family. We have weekly town hall meetings, monthly fun fridays and national team buildings.

Cons

We have new products every few months and our computer system keeps changing. Got to keep learning or be left behind.

Never a dull moment

Pros

This company seems to have been running at full sprint for the past 12 years. New products and services continue to be added to the menu of 'features' every 6 months or so. The company is also very strong with marketing and sharing its message through heavy 'content marketing' driven campaigns.
    Also, the firm allows for internal transfers between offices and even departments, which means if you want to move from sales to marketing, or marketing to operations, or operations to R&D then it's all possible.

Cons

The company is full of high performers, and some people complain of being not knowing of the new changes or products. So if you join this company be prepared to hit the ground 'sprinting', not running.

More internal training to help new staff keep up with you guys.

Clarkmorgan Corporate Training Response

Apr 24, 2014Marketing Director

We have lots of internal training planned for 2014.

Lovely people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely group of people who are passionate.

Cons

For foreigners the visa process is too slow. China government making it difficult to hire non-Chinese.

A strong culture driving performance

I worked at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was with this company for just over 6 years and witnessed the culture of this organization grow into a powerful competitive weapon. This culture is not just driven by founders of the company but by the middle managers. The trainers are highly motivated, if not a little too competitive, and this creates an energy in the office.

Cons

Local staff aren't always as driven as the expatriate staff. As a consequence only a handful of Chinese trainers have joined the training ranks.

Spend more time with the Chinese trainers to help them develop to the rest of the team.

Lots of personal freedom to meet lots of personal responsibility

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time for less than a year

Pros

-You can take on ever increasing responsibility
    -Colleagues in SH office are always ready to help, always friendly, very welcoming, extremely supportive. Almost like family.
    -SH office is conveniently located in big part of Puxi, near central transportation lines, big city landmarks and big shopping centers
    -Desirable cultural diversity: Chinese, Australian, English, American and mixes between. You can learn a lot about other cultures.

Cons

-I have seen colleagues receive much less compensation than they deserved
    -IT/Ops department is understaffed, overtasked and the websites, e-mail and media presentations suffer for it
    -Sales and BD operate in their own little world. The sales PEOPLE are great, business developers are kind and interesting but when it comes to their work, they follow their own regimes regardless of the needs of colleagues and management.
    -Magazine needs to be aggressively restructured
    -Limited resources for all non-trainers

I was here for too limited a time to offer any real, effective advice.

In ClarkMorgan everyone is a star! Innovation from employees were highly encouraged.

Former Employee - National IS Manager  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - National IS Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time for more than a year

Pros

Corporate training and consulting is a challenging while exciting work for me. And this challenge had pushed me hard to think of innovative ways from information technologies and systems to improve the working efficiency for both our internal staff and corporate clients. The company also gave me the chance to try with IT Skills training courses for executives, which had broaden my career capability. Besides, we had a very dynamic and diverse team.

Cons

Sometimes it was very hard for a trainer to satisfy every trainee, but have to live with this and still make our clients happy.

Keep encouraging the local employee and provide more on-job mentoring beside internal training. Invest on the employees. They will shine and return more to the company someday!

ClarkMorgan provided the best working experience I found during my years in Asia.

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are open lines of communication between all staff, meaning senior management and interns interact without affectation. Similarly, the atmosphere is cooperative with everyone relying on everyone else to make the company prosper. Most crucially, the firm provides their employees with ample opportunities to develop one's skills, responsibilities, and salary. Their performance payment scheme provided a true meritocracy, allowing staff to earn as much as their talent and ambition afforded them. In the spirit of fairness, management is compensated under the exact same structure.

Cons

In 2008, the firm over-extended itself and was hit badly by the global financial crisis. For three months, the firm shrank as management restructured the company. As a result, many coworkers that I had come respect and rely on were asked to leave. This proved to be an isolated incident and the firm has grown at a manageable rate since then. No prospective employee need fear this repeating itself.

Worked for Clarkmorgan Corporate Training? Contribute to the Community!