Clarkmorgan Corporate Training

18 reviews filtered by
4.1
Jeff Lunz

1. I love the family feeling

Current Employee - Sales in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Sales in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ClarkMorgan feels like a family. We do team building together, and support each other with a lot of internal training.

Cons

There is a lot to learn in the first month. The company has over 160 modules and a lot of consulting products.

Clarkmorgan Corporate Training Response

Apr 24, 2014Marketing Director

Thanks for your confidence in ClarkMorgan.

2. Never a dull moment

I have been working at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company seems to have been running at full sprint for the past 12 years. New products and services continue to be added to the menu of 'features' every 6 months or so. The company is also very strong with marketing and sharing its message through heavy 'content marketing' driven campaigns.
    Also, the firm allows for internal transfers between offices and even departments, which means if you want to move from sales to marketing, or marketing to operations, or operations to R&D then it's all possible.

Cons

The company is full of high performers, and some people complain of being not knowing of the new changes or products. So if you join this company be prepared to hit the ground 'sprinting', not running.

Advice to Management

More internal training to help new staff keep up with you guys.

Clarkmorgan Corporate Training Response

Apr 24, 2014Marketing Director

We have lots of internal training planned for 2014.

3. Lovely people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lovely group of people who are passionate.

Cons

For foreigners the visa process is too slow. China government making it difficult to hire non-Chinese.

5. Lots of personal freedom to meet lots of personal responsibility

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You can take on ever increasing responsibility
    -Colleagues in SH office are always ready to help, always friendly, very welcoming, extremely supportive. Almost like family.
    -SH office is conveniently located in big part of Puxi, near central transportation lines, big city landmarks and big shopping centers
    -Desirable cultural diversity: Chinese, Australian, English, American and mixes between. You can learn a lot about other cultures.

Cons

-I have seen colleagues receive much less compensation than they deserved
    -IT/Ops department is understaffed, overtasked and the websites, e-mail and media presentations suffer for it
    -Sales and BD operate in their own little world. The sales PEOPLE are great, business developers are kind and interesting but when it comes to their work, they follow their own regimes regardless of the needs of colleagues and management.
    -Magazine needs to be aggressively restructured
    -Limited resources for all non-trainers

Advice to Management

I was here for too limited a time to offer any real, effective advice.

ClarkMorgan provided the best working experience I found during my years in Asia.

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are open lines of communication between all staff, meaning senior management and interns interact without affectation. Similarly, the atmosphere is cooperative with everyone relying on everyone else to make the company prosper. Most crucially, the firm provides their employees with ample opportunities to develop one's skills, responsibilities, and salary. Their performance payment scheme provided a true meritocracy, allowing staff to earn as much as their talent and ambition afforded them. In the spirit of fairness, management is compensated under the exact same structure.

Cons

In 2008, the firm over-extended itself and was hit badly by the global financial crisis. For three months, the firm shrank as management restructured the company. As a result, many coworkers that I had come respect and rely on were asked to leave. This proved to be an isolated incident and the firm has grown at a manageable rate since then. No prospective employee need fear this repeating itself.

In ClarkMorgan everyone is a star! Innovation from employees were highly encouraged.

Former Employee - National IS Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - National IS Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate training and consulting is a challenging while exciting work for me. And this challenge had pushed me hard to think of innovative ways from information technologies and systems to improve the working efficiency for both our internal staff and corporate clients. The company also gave me the chance to try with IT Skills training courses for executives, which had broaden my career capability. Besides, we had a very dynamic and diverse team.

Cons

Sometimes it was very hard for a trainer to satisfy every trainee, but have to live with this and still make our clients happy.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the local employee and provide more on-job mentoring beside internal training. Invest on the employees. They will shine and return more to the company someday!

Everyday is a new challenge

Pros

New Challenges and new opportunities await those who are up to the task. This is a great company to make changes and management does its best to reward those who take risks and challenge the status quo.

Cons

With the rate of change in China, and the rate at which the company wishes to move, it can be a tiring endeavor.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of focusing attention on a competent employees and products rather than investing time and energy in those that are not producing.

A Fast, Fun, and Exciting Company for Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros

To be honest, when I first came to work at ClarkMorgan it was a huge challenge. It seemed like an “every-man-for-himself” environment similar to being a contestant on a TV show like Survivor. Not only were there very few procedures, or processes for doing things, but the company was full of young people who had little of what I considered “real world experience”.

ClarkMorgan now uses cutting-edge software systems to help manage its client base and ensure smooth operations; has its own internal social networking platform and various collaborative communication tools that allow amazing interchanges, both planned and spontaneously, of ideas and thoughts between departments and geographic regions; and has a new structure that allows sales people to each sell more training days than there are days in the month; while providing the service levels its clients expect.

As someone who always dreamed of one day changing the world, this is a great company to work for as its clients are the world’s leading companies. And its diversified team; including men and women and Chinese and foreigners not only within the senior management but also amongst the owners themselves allows me to gain valuable inter-personal and cross cultural communication experience and grow my skills each and every day.

ClarkMorgan truly lives up to its motto of “Evolving People.”

Cons

Things change really fast. From my experience, this has become the norm today in most companies; however, it can be a roller coaster ride. If you're pregnant or have a heart condition, you may not want to join this ride.

Advice to Management

As a trailblazer you're often venturing into unknown territory. While developing employees and helping them grow is great; offering more guidance and help up the steep parts of the trail will make it easier for much of the staff to follow.

Opportunities for Growth

I have been working at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training full-time

Pros

ClarkMorgan is a rare combination of a meritocracy with a commitment to improving their employees. Respect and a willingness to learn are the two most important elements you can have when you start working. With ClarkMorgan's help you can evolve your capabilities and significantly contribute to the company.

Cons

Ambiguous long-term goals and strategic plan make commitment from the employees difficult. Often employees are unsure of where the company is going but interested to learn. The knowledge gap is detrimental especially in a time of change.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to communicate long-term goals to employees.

Fun, tough at times, and a great learning experience

I worked at Clarkmorgan Corporate Training

Pros

You always get to learn something new, the clients keep you on your toes, colleagues are mostly great and really supportive, teambuilding is good, processes are always improving.

Cons

Management can be inflexible, usual frustrations of working in China of things not running smoothly, bitter ex-employees who set up rival firms writing nasty things online.

Advice to Management

Make sure that changes are delivered with input and buy-in from users. Build first-rate public course program with real support.

Clarkmorgan Corporate Training Photos