Clary Sage College

Going to work is fun

Current Employee - Master Instructor in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Master Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Clary Sage College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love my job. I have fun every single day I go to work. I am allowed creative freedom in the way that I teach my class, and the management is always there to help you if need be. They are also very encouraging when it comes to continuing education for instructors. This weekend I get to go to a hair show in NYC, and in two weeks to the stylist choice awards in Chicago! I love working for a company that wants to invest in me and my future.

Cons

At times, dealing with 300 women in a building is hard. But that's beauty college!

The BEST place to work!

I have been working at Clary Sage College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's amazing to work at a place where you can make a difference every day! I love having the opportunity to help students change their lives through education. All employees are given a holiday for their birthday, and lots of paid days off in addition to vacation time! Overall a great benefits package! The company lives by the CARES culture, and it is something all employees subscribe to. I feel like the company truly cares for my well being, and I have learned first hand here that hard work will pay off!!

Cons

The only con is that I can't be here all the time, I love this place, it's like a sanctuary!

Great transparency from all levels, keep up the great work!!

Current Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Clary Sage College part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I absolutely love this place. It's extremely professional, confidential, and very safe. The services are breath taking and the customer service blows through the roof. This isn't a job for me, it's just a normal day at Clary :). We are evolving in a very positive way and our students are transforming into artists. Every time I get a service, no matter which one, I feel confident in the student and the instructor to meet my needs to the best of their ability. I have never been unhappy with a service and have always had a great relationship with all of my co workers. We have an amazing CEO, Teresa Knox. I have never met anyone like her. She is one of the most intelligent and positive woman I've came in contact with. She has a great head on her shoulders and knows how to run a business. I have no doubt she will be the Mayor of Tulsa one day.

Cons

I wish we had more appointments available. :)

N/A You all do an amazing job.

Very Unprofessional.

I have been working at Clary Sage College full-time

Pros

Decent pay and perks. Neither of which are worth the cons.

Cons

Abysmal communication among all levels of employees and management. Unsafe work environment in various departments. Valid input is invited but not welcomed. Drama is not just a weekly staple, but a daily event. One's personal items are constantly at risk with poor security management. Very high turn over rate.

Transparency is the best way to grow and evolve as a company. Employee retention and development should mean more than a groveling competition. Focus on quality, rather than quantity of students- This is the only way to survive the incoming competition.

Clary Sage College Response

Mar 4, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. As a company, we are celebrating our 20th anniversary and we take pride in a flat hierarchal structure with 100% transparency and high employee ... More

Artistic and creative excellence

I worked at Clary Sage College

Pros

Clary Sage College offers an environment of creativity and excellence to both potential students and staff. The college works incredibly hard to be the best at what they do, so they employ the best. The campus director creates a winning environment of positivity and creativity. The college is growing at an incredible rate due to being such a great place to work and attend school.

Cons

No negative comments about the college

Making a difference

I have been working at Clary Sage College full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Clary Sage is a place that celebrates creativity and challenges you to become the best professional that you can be! Its a place where you feel safe to be yourself and to explore new ways to improve. Clary Sage College is truly about making a difference in each and every one of the students and graduates that come through the doors.

Cons

Wish their were more Clary Sage College Campuses in other parts of the country!

Keep up the good work! I love our Core Values and Culture you have created!

Place where I can do what I love and make a difference every day!

I have been working at Clary Sage College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The CARES Culture
    Caring Staff
    Amazingly talented students
    Variety of programs
    Amazing facilities
    Great benefits

Cons

The only downside is that I am not able to spend every waking second doing what I love. I jump out of bed every day excited to come to Clary!

Keep it up! This is an amazing place to work! I love our core values and the CARES culture!

I really love what I do!

Current Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Clary Sage College full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice leaders that care, big investment in continuing education, beautiful facilities, non smoking campus, they really do love and care for both employees and students.

Cons

Drama with some of the cosmetologist, very busy salon activity that keeps you on your feet, heavy traffic near location, lots of competitition.

Would love to see new programs in movie, film, or music industries.

Dream Job

I have been working at Clary Sage College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Proud of the education we offer students. Industry leaders locally and nationally in skills and total years experience in the fields of all programs. The facility is the best in the business, with state of the art equipment. MGMT offers clears channels for feedback students and team members. Promotions are given based on merit, and growth opportunities are available.

Cons

Normal challenges have made a presence; however, they were responded efficiently and effectively. No complaints, and I have worked here for years.

Clary Sage College Photos