Classic Party Rentals

Classic Party Rentals Reviews

Updated May 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great introduction to the event industry!

Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGreat teamwork!! You have full support from co-workers and management. You have the ability to watch events unfold from the first design meeting to production day. Every day you are faced with new and different challenges to keep you on your toes and learning.

ConsLots of highly stressful moments that push your breaking point. Limited career growth opportunities. Pay scale is average but again not much room for growth.

Doomed to Fail. KEEP OUT!!!!

Management (Current Employee)

ProsIt used to be a good place to work. We were all happy and profitable before the machine that has become Classic started acquiring us all and turning the business upside down and then.....BOOM! Bankrupt on $250 million and countless vendors, landlords and previous owners while the fat cats at the top were stuffing their pockets and jet setting about the country while cutting the budgets of the real money makers. There are no Pros with this company any more, stay away if you are looking for a rewarding career, nothing but disappointment here any more.

ConsWhat once was a great company with a vision, benefits and a future has become a bottomless pit of micro managers who don't know anything about the event rental business. Run into the ground by upper management in the past, the accountability falls squarely on the shoulders of the employees at the individual locations who are hit with cuts in their budgets preventing them from repairing or purchasing new equipment to allow them to compete in an ever changing marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementSad to say but they would not listen anyway. The management of this company is so full of themselves and would never admit they are part of the problem.

You know those guys at Home Depot who hang out no green card. Ya this is more up thier alley. $8.00 is a joke.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to be out and about L.A. county. Unless your latino you won't fit in . Some are nice.

ConsCarry4×8 iron stages up 14 flights of stairs lmao oh (no speak english) you get yelled at 4 not knowing Spanish wtf

Advice to Senior ManagementGOOD LUCK WITH THE TURN OVER

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIncredible experiences to learn technique, work with highest caliber events

ConsRealignment of Management growing pains

Excellent

Event Director (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsThere is not one person in my branch that I don't like.
    My co-workers are the best! Everyone is always willing to help.

ConsThe hours. We are so busy the hours are long and its 6-7 days a week

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Driver Assistant

Driver Assistant (Former Employee) Napa, CA

ProsLong Hours, Exciting Location, Many Opportunity's to Cross-train, New Management Promises Positive Change.

ConsHigh Turnover Rate, Rush Through training, Heavy Labor During Hot Climates.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Maintain Equipment. Accurate Information for the Out Workers to Work With.

Expansion equals opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsClassic before the Great Recession was an amazing place to work. We were growing, expanding, and acquiring our way to market dominance. There were tremendous opportunities for virtually any talented associates to grow, expand, and develop their careers.

ConsThe stress on local managers was high to deliver performance and results. This translated into the local market work environment in many areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the clients and consultants when it comes to inventory! Don't shirk on capex!

Nightmare in Charlotte Market

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThere are some nice, very hardworking co-workers
    The pay is not bottom, about average for the job
    They offer a good training program
    They support networking
    There is good expertise in many of the workers

ConsBenefits are below average - few paid holidays
    Corporate/Charlotte local management is out of touch with reality and abusive
    The company fails to reinvest in its rentals - embarrassing to sell
    Staff is kept too lean to have good delivery service - overworked

Advice to Senior ManagementTake management courses - learn how to communicate without tirades
    Take anger management courses, your employees are tired of being beaten down
    Charlotte market is not like any other - get real about the set up

Most interesting job ever

Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) Dulles, VA

ProsI love keeping busy and having a season for being busy as well as a balance of a slow season.

ConsDrama amongst associates and not hesitating to talk behind each others back.

Micro managing managers...

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Burlingame, CA

ProsAmazing and elaborate events are put on by the talented consultants at this company.

ConsDoesn't care about employees. Pay is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep back a little.

Worked for Classic Party Rentals? Contribute to the Community!