Clayton Homes

www.claytonhomes.com

Clayton Homes Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Clayton Homes – Andersonville – “Linde Forklifts are the BEST!”

Kevin T. Clayton

Pros
  • For this industry, the compamy has good benefits(in 3 reviews)

• ok pay and good people around me(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, no support, management changes constantly(in 5 reviews)

• Don't do it, no training, no support, no money(in 3 reviews)

False promisses

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFor a sales job the hours are not to bad. The staff is very friendly.

ConsYou make very little money. And it takes forever to get deals finalized.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to train your staff and follow up with them to chart success. Training of sales team is weak.

Welcome to Military School

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maryville, TN

ProsCMH offers a guaranteed profit sharing program and the facility is impeccable. The salary is competitive for similar positions outside the industry.

ConsCMH does not have a lot of experience working with professionals. They treat degreed individuals like production workers. The 2 week vacation program leaves much to be desired and the lack of flex time creates a military school atmosphere. Existing management seems insecure and threatened by professional staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've strengthened the company by hiring a professional staff now listen to them. Treat the staff like professionals and they'll deliver.

Not crazy about corporate culture but local branch great

ProsRelaxed culture, business casual, predictable hours

ConsPay and benefits leave a lot to be desired
    About 10 years behind times in technology

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade technology
    Offer better benefits
    Start a training program

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mostly positive but not the direction for me

General (Current Employee)

ProsFamily run, good solid backing from Warren Buffett's owernship. World class customer service goals, good innovation and constant improvement. Upper management and the corporate office are full of classy people who really do care and every year the company is striving to add more value for customers and team members. This is really a quality company and is definitely the best by far in the industry.

Consthis is a tough industry that relies on people having a good enough credit score to buy your product. Unfortunately, it has become much tougher to get people financed over the last several years while at the same time we have become much more highly regulated and have a whole lot more hoops to jump through. Managers commission for personally selling homes(which is encouraged) was cut by about two-thirds this year.

Advice to Senior Managementrevise the manager home sale commission back to appropriate levels or stop pushing personal sales on the manager

Okay, but didn't like pay change

Home Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsI loved meeting different people and selling homes. I worked with great people.

ConsNot many people got approved and If they did, the bank offered silly down payments and interest rates. Long hours

Ridiculous

Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThe only pros are the smoke they blow up your butt when they hire you

ConsGeneral Manager changes way too often. Regional Manager says he is stepping in, just to lock himself up in an office "preparing for something else". They lied about salary. Saying 32,000 a year. Reality 23,000. Forced to learn things on your own. Strongly repremanded when you do things wrong, even if you were not trained properly. Not allowed to go to company trainings if management thinks store is short handed. Soooo, you dont get opportunity to learn. Advice...Run the other direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your regional managers accountable to what they "say" they are going to do.

A very eye-opening experience into the business world.

ProsGreat Management, Great Environment, and Great advancement opportunities

ConsConfusing building and can be hard to find people

Home Sales Consultant

Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsWork hard, learn fast, and are somewhat aggressive...you can make a very good living

ConsMany times things are done on a home sale which are not in your customers interest but put more money in for Clayton and the Sales Center. Encouraging people to take out high interest loans from Vanderbilt. Playing games with home prices much like a car dealer!

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up your group and get more NEW individuals to run home centers. The risks of going door to door in a trailer park to solicite business and putting up sogns that look like a "for sale by owner", etc. are dated and Clayton offers a nice product! Just sell the homes!!

Run ,Run, Run,

Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a. Job. You will miss many oppurinties to make real money . Sitting there watching the pavement grow!!!

ConsEverything, chase the carrott theory. Never catch it

Advice to Senior ManagementLook in the Mirror...

Over qualified for what they want to pay me as a Service Technician

Service Tech (Former Employee)

Prossteady salary, health insurance, 401k match, life insurance, weekends off and vacation time. Pretty good job security considering they can't find good help for what they are willing to pay so if you are good at what you do, you just about can't get fired...you'll just have to quit.

Conssalary too low for the skills I have, managers only care about their bonuses and don't give a rip about the guys doing the work. Managment very stingy.

Advice to Senior Managementbe willing to pay a little more and you will retain more qualified Service Techs

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!