Clayton Homes Reviews

Updated March 16, 2015
73 reviews filtered by
3.2
Kevin T. Clayton

Pros
  • For this industry, the compamy has good benefits (in 3 reviews)

• ok pay and good people around me (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to predict when you would be expected to work long hours as mid level management (in 5 reviews)

• hours no holidays OR WEEKENDS OFF (in 3 reviews)

1. It was Awesome!

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

Excellent Company! Wonderful Homecenter, Great team!!!

Cons

I did not like the rating system being utilized. Unfairly reduced commissions.

Please stop using the current rating scail to determine pay....Unfair!

2. Great company with excellent opportunities for advancement.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Channelview, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Channelview, TX

I worked at Clayton Homes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Incentive programs were excellent and bonuses as a team were also great!

Cons

If the over all sales quotas aren't met as a team there is a chance the location will close down, (cease to exist)

Keep a closer look out on upper management, store managers tend to break rules for personal reasons.

3. Good company to work for to start your career

Current Employee - FREIGHT COORDINATOR in Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - FREIGHT COORDINATOR in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A reasonably relaxed work environment a freight job. There are several perks beyond the strict pay structure. Over all they tend to promote a culture of family and success.

Cons

Hours don't match what is typical for the industry (they advocate longer hours), while they preach having time for friends and family and the importance having time off.

To keep the best and brightest, you need to pay them.

5. Good place, great pay

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

Great pay, balance time, coworker,

Cons

Upper management, managing company demands

6. Outstanding Company you'll never want to leave!

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not only does the company invest in their employers, they have a great wellness department and gym, basketball and volleyball, a great greenway jogging trail, and healthy greenway cafeteria!. They manage to maintain outstanding sales and has great backing as a Berkshire Hathaway company.

Cons

Need new positions and more innovative employees to help lead the wonderful talent they have. Quicker growth opportunity.

Invest in current employers and create new roles that are essential within a company of their size. Would suggest looking at how similar businesses are structured.

7. I love this job!

Current Employee - Home Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Home Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

The money is great! Commissions are amazing. Free cruises and other trips! Quarterly bonuses! Amazing management!

Cons

Nothing! I make bank! I'm happy!

Keep it up! You guys have changed my life in the best of ways!

8. An interesting place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

You get to work with customers face to face. Income can be anywhere from $24 thousand to osix figures. Great incentive trips.

Cons

This is a big ticket item type of sales and is not for everyone. You have to get a high sales number to make a decent income.

Be very knowledgeable about the current General Managers you have at your Sales Centers and their current sales techniques and state of mind.

9. Solid Company

I worked at Clayton Homes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefit programs with insurance, 401K, etc.

Cons

Little local help from the national or regional offices

Increase sales and manager pay and recruit better abled personnel.

10. Unless you want to work in the good old boy system, do not go to work here, it will be a disappointing experience.

Former Employee - Home Sales Consultant in Marshall, TX
    Former Employee - Home Sales Consultant in Marshall, TX

I worked at Clayton Homes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked with a couple really great people who kind of compensated for a ineffective manager and his office pet who had totally separate rules to follow than other employees from dress code to attendance, and those rules were altered almost weekly to fit her needs. She had no sales but got all the advantages as if she did, all sales people were penalized for her lack of production.

Cons

This manager does not manage professionally, totally changes and disrupts posted schedules on a knee jerk reaction like a 12 year old pouting.

Be much more selective in your managers, if employees are having an issue and coming to upper management address the issue instead of doing the good old boy sweep it under the rug.

11. Calling for Interview

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

Lots of open positions lots of people and opportunity.

Cons

Started as a temp working customer service..very unfriendly staff. Do NOT work temp here. I then asked them if there is a high turnover because I know they lose everyone and they said..no just apply. I applied and they said that I had possible negativity. Is negativity asking why they have so much turnover in order to save myself a job when im looking for a career opportunity? i just wanted to work for the right company. I can't believe HR told me this when i worked for them. I am the most positive person on earth. Wrong judgement. I would never work for you if you hired me right now despite my previous interview process. HR, you are the reason that the company is negative. You can't tell someone that. Create the atmosphere you want. YOUR Loss. I'm a college graduate , top of my class, and worked in customer service for a very long time. Everyone knows im a positive person. It's not my fault you are horribly managed--and I'm taking the blame for that. Ive never had someone say that to me ever and I'm so insulted.

HR needs to stop being dramatic. If you want hard workers higher them. People are going to ask you about your reputation and if you are not going to hire someone because they are curious about working there, then it's too bad you have a worse reputation than you had before. I don't have anything to prove, my credentials speak enough. Where as you do. Prove to me that you are worth working for, or I go.I can't believe that's how you operate. You all need some positive HR people because i will never EVER recommend this to a friend and I HAVE gotten interviews and turned them down because my recommendation got let go the same day. Who would want to work for such people? Not me. Good luck finding a college graduate like me who is very skilled, professional, positive, and a go getter.

Clayton Homes Photos

Linde Forklifts are the BEST!

+ Add Photo