Clayton YES! Reviews

CEO

1. Daycare

Former Employee - Daycare Group Leader in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Daycare Group Leader in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunity to work with great people and help shape the lives of young children. Very rewarding

Cons

Not very stable schedules. Not for people with children who need you.. You will always miss the first day of school and field days

2. Great Kids... Horrible Staff

Former Employee - Program Assistant
    Former Employee - Program Assistant

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The children were what kept me there for so long. I worked at a 21st century site, which is a bit different then a regular income based site. These kids were fabulous and genuinely needed the program.

Cons

The staff. My supervisor was unbelievable. She would talk down to the kids and make them feel rotten. These kids were already considered at risk, they didn't need another person affirming that they were going to "end up in juvie for not listening". When I went to complain to her supervisor, nothing was done. It wasn't until my exit interview that HR found out about what my supervisor would say.

Advice to Management

Check-in on your supervisors and sites more often. If something doesn't look right then... it's probably not right later. Corporate also needs to rethink how they hire people and not try and cover up for their supervisor's mess.

Not so great

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time

Pros

Working with kids, and same holiday schedule as schools

Cons

Management quality highly lacking in all areas, not professional

Advice to Management

Sensitivity training, professionalism training, hire according to quality and not your friends

Toxic Culture with Racism

I have been working at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one knows what they are doing. No Structure. Quickly learn how to make excuses and throw co-workers under the bus for personal gain/favoritism. Environment were gossip thrives and is a must to succeed. You will leave job equipped to destroy any future coworker you encounter.

Cons

Extremely racist and shady work ethic. Do NOT trust anyone especially Human Resources. Again, extreme gossip environment. Secrets your mother doesn't event know will get shared by Human Resources, Accounting, Supervisors, and coworkers. The company is bankrupt and has taken away few benefits left. I was forced to lie on behalf of the company multiple times to feign that the company was in good shape.

Advice to Management

Please consider resigning and being ethical. Also, please consider other races in management positions. Everyone can see how transparent the racism is.

6. Clayton

Pros

Got rid of Executive Director and things are looking brighter

Cons

Needs work on company culture.

Was great, now it's horrible.

Current Employee - Site Director in Keller, TX
    Current Employee - Site Director in Keller, TX

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with kids, free childcare, split shift during school hours.

Cons

This company use to care for its employees, with great benefits, decent pay for work, strict paid work hours. Now since there was a new CEO ( recently fired for embezzlement of non profit funds) the company is secretive, job loss threats, they don't support their workers with parent or child conflicts, they cut our mileage wage in half (300 miles a month minimum), took away gym membership reimbursement, threats of taking away free childcare, took our yearly bonus, accrued PTO hours have been taken with no reimbursement. The list goes on and on. I work a minimum of 50 hours a week salary base during school year and barely make 23k a year. They expect the world from you but give nothing in return. Employees are scared to speak up or express concerns, for fear of unemployment or harsh treatment. So far since summer has started, June 8th 2015, 10 employees have quit, with more to come. I do not recommend working for this company as a site director. The only thing keeping me here is a steady pay check until I find another job ( soon to come). This company is under a reconstruction and it is not turning out well. I loved this company and its just sad that it has come down to this.

Advice to Management

Care more for your employees and worry less of impressing Director of programs. Treat your employees well and they will stay, pay your employees better for the hours worked and performance. The president of the board should not be begging their employees to stay and wait out this reconstruction with no added support and or benefits.

Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Site Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The kids and families at my school are the ONLY reason I am still around.

Cons

-Upper management is in disarray. We have recently separated ways from our executive director, director of finance, director of development, director of continuous quality improvement, and several lower positions. -Office leadership is vengeful. -There are racial tensions at the corporate office. -Company morale is an all-time low. -There is no vision for a brighter future. -The company is operating at a $250,000 deficit, which caused them to suspend many of our benefits (gym and tuition reimbursement, changes to our PTO policy, removal of referral and anniversary bonuses, etc.) -Clayton is the most disorganized and inefficient organization I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

-Shut it down. Stop pretending like you care about kids when we all know you are just doing what you have to do to make sure YOUR paycheck comes in. That, or drop the nonprofit side of your organization and form a for-profit LLC that operates daycares for rich kids. Never peddle in grants or in at-risk communities again, because thus far, you've done more harm than good.

Sinking ship

Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the kids is great. You have a chance to make a difference in the lives of the kids in your program in between pointless meetings. Pay is okay.

Cons

Toxic culture. Can't keep any good employees because they drive them away. Corporate is more focused on money than children. They put a lot of effort into looking good but very little effort into having a good program. Individual schools do not get any attention from corporate unless there is something wrong or pointlessly changing. The higher up you are, the less organized you are.

Advice to Management

Instead of focusing on getting rid of every person that doesn't get along with one person, why don't you get rid of that one person? Get back to helping children or give up or non profit status.

Daily activities

Current Employee - Site Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Site Director in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Clayton YES! (More than a year)

Pros

Follows school calendar, earn PTO, ability to build relationships with school staff, kids and their parents

Cons

Not letting the kids be kids after school, (making some schools always have programming and not allowing the kids free play time), lack of communication

Advice to Management

Go to each center to observe children and their behaviors (and staff).

Understaffed and undervalued

Former Employee - Group Leader in Keller, TX
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Keller, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The weekends off were the only reason I stayed so long.

Cons

The changes management made did not improve the programs and the morale went down and the workers started treating the kids terribly. When I went in to put in my two weeks the refused to let me quit because they didn't have any staff because no one wants to work for a company that treats their workers like crap.

Advice to Management

Just close the company. You are horrible.

RSS Feed </> Embed