Clayton YES!

Updated November 21, 2014
Updated November 21, 2014
3.1

CEO

great place to work with great benefits

Former Employee - Site Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Site Director in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES!

Pros

co-workers are like family, vacation time accrues every paycheck, paid training, parents are awesome, kids make you want to come back everyday, lots of people who work there are college students and college graduates, employees tend to stay 5-10 years or more, summer and christmas bonuses

Cons

can never work 40 hours, do not pay overtime, if you do go over your hours then you receive a strict warning, reach a ceiling once you reach Director status, small company, not many people know about Clayton, Do not do large advertisements, can only enroll students attending the school you are at, sometimes you have to share your space or get kicked out of your space by school staff, on boarding process could be improved - first day on the job didn't receive any guidance to what exactly I was supposed to be doing, director had so many kids she didn't have time to train me

do a 2 day on boarding process and cut reading the entire manual word for word in a 5 day 6 hour per day "training" process. give us the book and test us per section over the course of 3 months. and focus on what we will really be doing by going to the training centers and having one specified person there to narrate what is going on and what we should be doing. This would be a realistic job preview where you could rule people out based on interactions/learning on day one.

Working for Clayton YES! is a great job if you are a college student.

Former Employee - Group Leader in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a group leaders you get part time hours M-F. You get VIP hours for sick days. Pay is more than minimum wage. Yearly bonus and sometimes a raise.

Cons

Never work as many hours in the summer as they say. Sometimes they don't work with on the schedule in the summer. Some kids can be really difficult.

Disorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! full-time

Pros

Clayton does good work in the community and there are some great people who work for the company.

Cons

Senior management. There were some very unethical and questionable practices going on at Clayton. Good people are leaving the agency and nothing is being done to try to keep them.

Get a handle on what is happening within the company. Morale is low and the culture is toxic.

its ok

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Clayton YES!

Pros

good company to work for if your a student

Cons

split shift, isnt honest with employees, cuts hours in the summer months

be up front and honest with employees

Horrible horrible horrible

I have been working at Clayton YES!

Pros

The kids and school and the families. Only reason I have stayed this long.

Cons

The new management team and executive director are horrible. They are unprofessional, unorganized liars. They have no idea what they are doing. They are rude, and think they are way smarter than they really are. No one should work in this environment. There is not one employee I know of that is happy. Everyone is looking for another job. The pcs are not qualified. They all talk about each other behind each others back. Clayton was good before the "changes" is sad they are running the agency into the ground.

Get a clue. No one is happy. And the people who you think are your friends are talking about you behind your back. Spend less time gossiping and more time working! Pcs get a clue. I duct think there is help for management team...too far gone