Clear Channel Airports

2.5

Tom Fricke

Good People in a Great Work Environment

I worked at Clear Channel Airports full-time

Pros

Unique and Fun office Culture, Traveling, Limited micromanaging, Bonuses for a variety goals (weekly, quarterly, team, market), great Management support, very Team oriented.

Cons

Some teammates can be very selfish, the very low base, the shady upper management, having to travel on Sunday

Enjoy the sun and stop being shady.

Great sales experience, unique company but corporate changed it...

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Allentown, PA

I worked at Clear Channel Airports full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Traveling, Bonuses, Fun Company Activities, Independence and a unique company.

Cons

Heavy favoritism by HR if they don't like you even for personal reasons...you're out. Low Salary 14,000 and expected to pretty much kiss up regularly.

Try to not let the company be so clique ran and reward your hug performers with a little more lieniency as we'll as recognition to their sacrifice.

Marketing Consultant

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Allentown, PA

I worked at Clear Channel Airports full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company focuses on employee motivation.

Cons

Airport advertising products are struggling due to the social media presence and the high demand of new media and internet marketing.

Be more innovative, especially with the Latin America and Caribbean Markets. The market wants to have displays, such as those in the US.

Good for Entry Level

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Clear Channel Airports full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company structure, steady business, ample training, great communication structure.

Cons

bad benefits, low pay (hard to get raises), no overtime for hourly employees.

The Sales Assistants are integral to the work the AE's are doing, and are often running the accounts - show them more appreciation! Bonuses based on sales should be awarded to them quarterly, along with regular raises.

Challenging and rewarding

I worked at Clear Channel Airports full-time

Pros

Excellent products, venues and people. Innovative for a large corporation.

Cons

Owned by private equity longer than expected.

Company is a joke...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I worked at Clear Channel Airports full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The friendships that were made with other co-workers was probably the only pro to the company. I would say being able to wear whatever you wanted, but that would be a con if you saw the way some of these people dressed.

Cons

Difficult management and no room for growth. No matter where you turn, or who you go to for help its like hitting a brick wall.

Take some classes and brush up on your management skills. Most of the "management" at the company were promoted for either being "favorites" or because there was a lack of people who actually wanted the responsibility without making enough money to justify it.

Worst ot the worst

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Allentown, PA

I worked at Clear Channel Airports full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Only positive is the opportunity to travel.

Cons

This company churns through more good sales and marketing professionals then puppy mills crank out puppies. It's sad, a couple Sr. Employees have all the power and they are uneducated, unprofessional and running this great business into the ground. What sales Leader would stand up in front of the entire sales force and make this statement. "It worked for us in the 90"s, we are not going to inovate, we will do what we always have and if you don't like it, leave. Most companies embrace change and innovate to be a leader in their industry. Not Clear Channel, until they remove the 2 people responsible for nearly all of the firing, nothing will change.

Ececutive Management of ClearChannel Outdoor should clean house in Allentown. Hire a professional management team who won't hold the company back with outdated Interspace Airport ideas. Make Clear Channel Airports a true part of Clear channel Outdoor. The current management is uneducated, unprofessional and passive agresssive making for a generally hostile work environment for most employees. There are a select few who are treated special and as favorites to Management get large amounts of business directed their way even when the process undermines all the standards set for the rest of the sales team.

Every Day Employed is the Worst Day of My Life

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Clear Channel Airports full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I dont think there is any Pro's to this job, travel may be the only thing that lures in certain folks

Cons

They paint a beaufiful lifestyle of lots of contracts, long term growth & stable working environments with plenty of rewards if you work hard....However, I have been here 1 year and haven't seen any of this yet. We have office furniture that dates back to the 1970's, extension cords to power almost anything electric in this place, ripped carpet & poor working conditions are just part of the every day life at Clear Channel Airports. They do not use any reputable CRM program to maintain Sales Leads & Client Accounts, they promote unqualified individuals into managment positions who have no clue how to motivate a sales team whatsoever. I'm very sorry I ever agreed to this position & even more sorry for the people who have been giving false hope.

Take a class from Carnegie Mellon & maybe than you can have a shot at possibly understanding the daily functions of a sales organization

Marketing Consultant

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Clear Channel Airports full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to travel to some great citie/countries.

Cons

Where do I start? The base Salary is $14,000 and the rest of your salary is commission. They've been slowly reducing the commission %'s over the past few years so you have to sell twice as much to make what you were making previous years. Very top heavy company with upper level management making great slaries while the rest of the company barely gets by. They're stubborn in their ways and do not like to consider other ways of doing things. It is a constant revolving door with management having the view that every person in the sales force is replaceable.

Open your eyes. The sales force drives this company and you are constantly letting great sales people walk out of your doors because you don't offer a competitive salary. Not giving a raise to anybody since you bought company back in 2006 really shows that you don't care about your employees.