Clear Channel Airports

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Tom Fricke

Every Day Employed is the Worst Day of My Life

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)
    Allentown, PA

ProsI dont think there is any Pro's to this job, travel may be the only thing that lures in certain folks

ConsThey paint a beaufiful lifestyle of lots of contracts, long term growth & stable working environments with plenty of rewards if you work hard....However, I have been here 1 year and haven't seen any of this yet. We have office furniture that dates back to the 1970's, extension cords to power almost anything electric in this place, ripped carpet & poor working conditions are just part of the every day life at Clear Channel Airports. They do not use any reputable CRM program to maintain Sales Leads & Client Accounts, they promote unqualified individuals into managment positions who have no clue how to motivate a sales team whatsoever. I'm very sorry I ever agreed to this position & even more sorry for the people who have been giving false hope.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a class from Carnegie Mellon & maybe than you can have a shot at possibly understanding the daily functions of a sales organization

Company is a joke...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Allentown, PA

ProsThe friendships that were made with other co-workers was probably the only pro to the company. I would say being able to wear whatever you wanted, but that would be a con if you saw the way some of these people dressed.

ConsDifficult management and no room for growth. No matter where you turn, or who you go to for help its like hitting a brick wall.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some classes and brush up on your management skills. Most of the "management" at the company were promoted for either being "favorites" or because there was a lack of people who actually wanted the responsibility without making enough money to justify it.

Worst ot the worst

Marketing Consultant (Former Employee)
    Allentown, PA

ProsOnly positive is the opportunity to travel.

ConsThis company churns through more good sales and marketing professionals then puppy mills crank out puppies. It's sad, a couple Sr. Employees have all the power and they are uneducated, unprofessional and running this great business into the ground. What sales Leader would stand up in front of the entire sales force and make this statement. "It worked for us in the 90"s, we are not going to inovate, we will do what we always have and if you don't like it, leave. Most companies embrace change and innovate to be a leader in their industry. Not Clear Channel, until they remove the 2 people responsible for nearly all of the firing, nothing will change.

Advice to Senior ManagementEcecutive Management of ClearChannel Outdoor should clean house in Allentown. Hire a professional management team who won't hold the company back with outdated Interspace Airport ideas. Make Clear Channel Airports a true part of Clear channel Outdoor. The current management is uneducated, unprofessional and passive agresssive making for a generally hostile work environment for most employees. There are a select few who are treated special and as favorites to Management get large amounts of business directed their way even when the process undermines all the standards set for the rest of the sales team.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Consultant

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)
    Allentown, PA

ProsYou get to travel to some great citie/countries.

ConsWhere do I start? The base Salary is $14,000 and the rest of your salary is commission. They've been slowly reducing the commission %'s over the past few years so you have to sell twice as much to make what you were making previous years. Very top heavy company with upper level management making great slaries while the rest of the company barely gets by. They're stubborn in their ways and do not like to consider other ways of doing things. It is a constant revolving door with management having the view that every person in the sales force is replaceable.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes. The sales force drives this company and you are constantly letting great sales people walk out of your doors because you don't offer a competitive salary. Not giving a raise to anybody since you bought company back in 2006 really shows that you don't care about your employees.

Worked for Clear Channel Airports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel Airports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clear Channel Airports CEO Tom Fricke. All reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel Airports employees.