Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close (in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing (in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights
17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sales

Sales (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFun job and great perks. It's fun working in media at times. If you are creative, this can be a great opportunity.

ConsRadio sales have dwindled. This is truly hard work. Your writing skills, oral speaking skills, presentation ability, and business savvy must be stellar.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook out for the little people that come in killing it in regards to allowing them to handle accounts for their stations.

Top flight company for products and processes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsReally smart, committed people in some key positions. Key clients and major agencies were part of the everyday sales process. Best in class company from competitive point of view.

ConsConsistent bad hiring in management positions caused constant turmoil. Company consistently' reached' on the perceived abilities of managers and this caused friction and hard feelings regards the employees individuals managed. Turnover was rampant during this time- no experience was left in the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to stabilize your management and you will have a more stable and productive rank and file.

Best Internship Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosreal life work experience, friendly people

Consunpaid, long hours for events

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Well-rounded experience

Promotions Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExperience a little of every department, meet lots of people

ConsTedious hours, mostly phone calls

Work here if you don't care about making money

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI really liked the account managers that I supported. They were very easy to work with and very appreciate of my hard work. That's about all I can say that's positive about my experience here.

ConsMy workload tripled and I never got any type of raise. Mindless work for sales assistants. No type of training offered for people who are interested in growing their careers and advancing in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't demand people work more without compensating them for it. There are tons of organizations one can build a successful sales career at with better compensation and benefits packages. Why anyone in sales would still want to work for this organization is beyond me. Plenty of other opportunities at organizations who value their people and reward them for their hard work.

Sales

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOpportunities for sales in multiple cities.

ConsLow commission compared to market competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease commissions to reduce AE turnover

Clear Channel has provided me the opportunity to grow as a business professional.

National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWorking at clear channel I have developed some great relationships with co-workers. All departments interact with one another.

ConsClear Channel should increase the salaries of all none account executives wages could be improved. Most of everything is needed ASAP even when it's not urgent can be somewhat annoying.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could implement more team building exercises. I feel management could also provide employees with training in other departments employees may be interested in.

Dead End...

Senior Sales Administrator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCo-workers are great to work with and I have learned a great deal since I started here.

ConsAbsolutely no room for advancement especially if you're not in with the boys club. No merit increases; not even a cost of living increase is given to the employees. If you're not upper management, you will be extremely underpaid. Sales staff including assistants are very stressed out by their work loads. The sales initiatives are very chaotic and there are too many to count. There is a real lack of focus from corporate. The bottom line is all they care about, not their employees. And at the end of the year, upper management makes a nice bonus check while the rest of us scrounge for extra cash just to live. It's very de-moralizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They work hard for you so why shouldn't you work hard for them? Your "lower-totem pole" employees need merit increases and cost of living increases. Your compensation strategy and all job descriptions need to be re-visited. You are not retaining good talent with how you're operating right now. This company has so much potential and does nothing to take advantage of that potential.

Very great experience- gave me the right tools to land a great job post graduation

Promotions Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGot to see the inside of sales and promotions. You can network and make great connections through an internship with this company.

ConsVery long hours during events

Good environment, but nothing to motivate employees who aren't commission-based

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood environment and there are health benefits, while not the best they are sufficient. Good relationships within the company and attempts to have employee engagement.

ConsThe company is extremely large and disorganized. Whether or not it's a "company policy," there is a major lack of raises and growth opportunities, which make it difficult for employees to stay motivated, especially when they aren't in commission-based positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there aren't opportunities for advancement/raises, it's difficult to motivate employees

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!