Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros:
  • "Can be a great place to learn as cooperation and co-sharing between employees is encouraged at this company"
    in 12 reviews
  • "I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "General opinion of those part of upper management at the main office is low due to the "less is more" creed"
    in 19 reviews
  • "not a lot of opportunities to move within the it organization and very limited room for advancement"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great career for someone who is professional and consistent in sales.

Allentown, PA

ProsWork hard, play hard team environment. Opportunity to travel and hard work is rewarded. Top sales performers do very well and earnings with 6 figures. Advancement possible as company grows.

ConsNot a place for clock punchers who want little or no change in their life. There will be constant change here with new markets and assignments. You must embrace change to survive!

This is the best job I have ever had!!!!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Biloxi, MS

ProsThe management team is always looking for ways to help you build your job skills. I grew as an employee and as a person from working with such great people! I was given every opportunity to learn new things ranging from how to build a client base, how to successfully build a market event from the ground up and given the sholls to vamp up my leadership skills! Everyday was exciting! I am grateful to have had the oppotunity to work for the best!!! Wish I could have stayed!

ConsI know the Account Execs were stressed due to quotas, but money and numbers is the name of the game. Clear Channel seems to be constantly restructing - employees have to hold their breath every time this takes place in hopes that they will have a place to work tomorrow. However from what I understand - most are given a generous severence package.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive loyal employees some notice before you give them the ax. Also, remember smaller markets are important too. The ties they have with their community is on a much more personal level and the benefits of these relationships make the name "Clear Channel" stonger and long term.

It was a great time and great Experience

Promo Intern (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis Park, MN

Prosthe people you work with are great, and you get to go to a lot of different events that are fun.

Consunpaid and a lot of the events you work are on the weekends and are eaither in the morning or at night so you might lose out on a lot of weekends

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Get ready to Party!

Business Manager (Former Employee)
    Corpus Christi, TX

ProsIt's fun! There are parties to attend constantly and you get the benefits of lots of concerts, sports tickets, etc for free! There are also generally many opportunities for advancement, especially if you are willing to move to a new area and if you are interested in taking on a new job. Once you are in the door, your benefits only increase and the opportunities become more abundant. There are also different branches and a number of training activities, so almost whatever your job, you will have an opportunity to go away for training on that position and related software.

ConsIt's publicly traded so there is a lot of red tape. Plus, you have the FCC to watch out for if you are on air. Sometimes you can end up in a market that doesn't have the best management. If the management skills at your particular market are less than adequate, that can really decrease your satisfaction and functionality. I think many people who have worked for Clear Channel and gave a bad review probably just were in a bad market. But Clear Channel is set for success, so if you aren't happy in your market, I'd suggest relocating to another before writing off Clear Channel altogether.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your General Manager in each market is the right person in the right place.

As an intern, it's been a fulfilling experience.

Intern (Current Employee)

ProsEveryone within the company is friendly and interested in teaching me something. I would definitely recommend taking this internship if presented with the opportunity.

ConsOther than the technology at the office I haven't encountered any serious cons. Since I do work online it'd be nice to have a faster computer, but it's not that big of a deal.

Rewarding

Marketing/Promotions Intern (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsOne-on-one training, flexibility, variety of tasks

ConsWas not compensated as an intern

I loved working for Clear Channel

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsThey are very forward thinking in their approach to business. I LOVED my senior managers and really enjoyed working with my staff.

ConsThey make frequent employee cuts and put that work on to those that are left. I felt like nobody's position was secure regardless of how well they did their job.

Work hard and be rewarded. Lots of opportunity to grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJob flexibility and great commission. Cool people.

ConsYou have to pound the pavement or you won't get paid. Pretty simple.

The most fun you'll have at a corporate job

Sales Assistant (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

Prosgreat perks - concerts tickets, sporting events, etc. , Radio People are always a blast!

ConsBenefits are horrible, No room to "grow" within the company. People will come and go as they seem to hire anyone with a pulse to "sell" radio.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your younger employees for growth opportunities.

Marketing/Promotions Intern

Marketing/Promotions Intern (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsI enjoyed getting to sit in meetings and discuss ideas for promotions, etc.

ConsIt was sometimes the "fetch my coffee" type of internship, and I spent a lot of time doing work like cleaning out closets, etc. Internship also unpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude interns in brainstorming sessions more!

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman. All 366 reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel employees.