Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close(in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing(in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management(in 7 reviews)

The most fun you'll have at a corporate job

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

Prosgreat perks - concerts tickets, sporting events, etc. , Radio People are always a blast!

ConsBenefits are horrible, No room to "grow" within the company. People will come and go as they seem to hire anyone with a pulse to "sell" radio.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your younger employees for growth opportunities.

Marketing/Promotions Intern

Marketing/Promotions Intern (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI enjoyed getting to sit in meetings and discuss ideas for promotions, etc.

ConsIt was sometimes the "fetch my coffee" type of internship, and I spent a lot of time doing work like cleaning out closets, etc. Internship also unpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude interns in brainstorming sessions more!

Fun Ride If You Adapt

Project Lead (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsReinventing a company this size isn't an easy task. I've seen some major changes in staffing in my area as well as major vision changes in a short amount of time. In my opinion, it is amazing it has been as great as it is. The company is so huge...so large, and tries to move like it's so small. Seems to work because there are so many talented project managers and respectful leadership. Everyone seems extremely respectful with each other. Great environment!

Bob Pittman is a great man.

If you love challenges, there's plenty of challenges to encounter here.

ConsAlthough dedicated, some developers/system engineers can seem a bit mediocre at the times. The superb often find new jobs working with startup companies. Perhaps this works well in a company as large as this one, where the low level workers are effective being mediocre with superb leadership making it sustainable.

With the amount, and the way layoffs happen - I feel like I can be let go just as I finish typing this. Maybe this is expected when there is a lot of change going on.

If you're afraid of change - stay away from this company at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire more female employees, seems a bit imbalanced - biased?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promotions Intern during college

Promotions Intern (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsA fun work experience promoting media and entertainment for a major corporation.

ConsInternships are unpaid. Even without pay, there should be a considerable amount of learning experience offered and full-time employees do not put a focus on giving that to college interns.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

An Intern's View

Intern (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsI enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close.

ConsThe company is very large and you can get lost in the shuffle if you don't prepare.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would try to listen to more people and have better organization.

Great Atmosphere, Terrible Upper Management

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEnvironment is best in the industry, friendly colleagues and managers always willing to help each other. No traditional cutthroat sales tactics here.

ConsCompany finances are poor. $21billion in debt, more cuts coming. Stay away for now if you are looking for something long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementLaid off a ton of people with no notice. Company spend a lot of money in the wrong places, and the employees pay the price.

Good job if you are looking for part-time work

ProsGreat people to work with, everyone there seems to be close. Many chances to meet people in the entertainment industry which makes work even more fun. Flexible with your schedule.

ConsDifficult to try and move up in the ranks.

VP, Sponsorhips & Biz Dev

Vice President, Sponsorships & Biz Dev (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsWorking with all stations. Access to Events. Tickets to shows.

ConsLow pay for employees. Lack of promotion.

Great Internship!

Radio Show Intern (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsAble to explore different areas, got to be involved with events and celebrity appearances

ConsInternship was unpaid, none others really

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was a great learning environment

Best place I have ever worked, most of the time.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe People are wonderful, I have never worked with a more family like culture.

ConsBig corporate layoffs are the norm, and usually come around Christmas! Yikes!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees! They are your greatest asset!

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!