Clear Channel Outdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat offices, employees are all responsible, management is active in communicating to the employees. Quiet surroundings and professional atmosphere.

ConsCulture is often too quiet.

great place to work

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

Prosgreat balance of work and personal life. Opportunities to be creative. Fun coworkers.

Consnot a lot of upward mobility. Not enough creative opportunities.

Advice to Senior Managementemphasize creative, especially to sales people

Fun Place To Work But Low Pay Makes It Hard To Thrive

(Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsEveryone single person I work with, including management, is super friendly and eager to help if you have a question. If you want to learn, all you have to do is ask and they will teach you!

ConsThe low pay for the amount of work I do is not equal. I work very hard for management and I don't feel like I'm being compensated well for my time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonally, the attitude I see at this place is really great. I feel like I'm able to walk in to any manager's office and chat about anything that concerns me. Having said that, much higher hourly wages and benefits for producers should be in place. We work hard to make the best radio we can for you, why not give us a good hourly wage? That's all I'm asking.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pros, but way more cons

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice to get paid half days off the day before a holiday. Casual dress environment.

ConsNo training. Management lacks interpersonal skills and proper management of people training. Promises given at start of job, not one fulfilled. Proven lying. Negative & harsh write ups for unnecessary things that should have been simple discussions with management. Extreme favoritism. Negativity. Toxic environment. Foul language. Sexism. No team environment, everyone is out for themselves and could care less about you. Management expects you to make up sick time, even though you have sick time hours available and used them. Immature. Asked to lie about "corporate" expenses. Poor pay, less than Standard, and no raises. The max pay for some jobs, are starting pay at other companies. Will work you to the bone. Horrible benefits (healthcare). Not professional. Co- workers talk bad about you behind your back. Including the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some people management and human resources type training for all management. Find budget to allow training. LISTEN to staff's input. Be fair to your employees, all of them EQUALLY. If you want to change your staff's attitudes or correct a person's error, don't go straight to the formal write up, it will only breed animosity and dis-trust. TALK to your staff. You hired your staff, TRUST them to do their job and stop micro-managing every little thing. Celebrate your employees on successes, a simple "great job you did on that project" will do.

yikes

Account Executive (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

Prosname recognition for future job opportunities

ConsI don't know about other markets, but in Sacramento if you don't reach the 25k revenue mark you get fired after 6 months

Management likes to threaten instead of enlighten

ProsGetting to see your art around town is the only good thing.

ConsReneged on promotions they originally offered during hiring. Management is truly the upper 1% and makes sure you know it. Old school management style of belittlement and working you to the bone with no positive reinforcement. Employees gossip worse then High School. They hire sales people on physical looks and not skill.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like they are below you and more of an equal, you know, like the "Team" you say you are. Maybe give a little positive encouragement instead of constant belittling.

Experience can vary market to market

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat products, excellent medium that is growing due to digital changing the Out of Home landscape. Can make good money if you are willing to work for it.

ConsConstant new initiatives that require immediate focus only to be dropped and replaced with something else they deem a priority. A form for everything, technology not integrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your sales team's accomplishments and show appreciation. Accelerate vacation program, offer tuition reimbursement.

Great place to work!

Freelancer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf your life is about loving and living OOH then this is place for you!

ConsToo many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team. Take into consideration other's experience and knowledge.

Good for a first job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBuilds team work
    Great managers
    Business Casual
    Great learning experience

ConsNo promotions or room for growth
    For a OOH media agency the work place is extremely dull

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk employees for positive and negative feedback and actually do something about it

Typical corporate hierarchy, give us all your new accounts and goodbye!

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsRather loose work environment, with the freedom to manage and sell with your own style. Decent commission structure for account executives, rewarding new business.

ConsHigh school-ish drama and gossip within office. Fit in or you will hate your day to day. They reward new accounts handsomely, just be careful. They frequently "trim the fat" in a typical corporate manner. Bring in as much new business as possible, then get rewarded by a severance package and all your hard work & new accounts become property of the AEs with more seniority. If I could do it again... I wouldn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit rewarding those who make for a hostile work environment. Maybe try training new employees rather than leaving it up to the senior AEs who are hoping you bring in business and get let go so they can divvy up your hard work.

Worked for Clear Channel Outdoor? Contribute to the Community!