Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close(in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing(in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management(in 7 reviews)

Extremely Corporate, Extremely difficult to get promoted

National Sales Support (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf your looking for low pay and super 9-5 then this job is for you. You didn't have to take your work home with you.

ConsPeople who sucked up and brown nosed to management got promoted. Even with the promotions, the pay is horrible.

Very satisfied with my former employment with Clear Channel.

Program Director (Former Employee)

ProsThe resources are amazing and very useful in achieving work related goals. The people I worked with were awesome.

ConsThere are times when corporate dictates mandatory projects, which is fine, however the notice is always very short and at times unorganized and lacking details.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being supportive and interactive with staff.

Hell in a hen basket

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Aliso Viejo, CA

ProsLearned more about software that prepared me for my next job

ConsManagement does not listen to what employees are telling them. You get the sense that management does not care. Management will do it their way even though they are incorrect in their approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour staff is intelligent. Respect them!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Low pay, mediocrity

News/Traffic Anchor/Reporter (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsStandards for on-air talent are not very high, so it's easy to get by when you're new.

ConsExperienced and inexperienced part-time talent made the same hourly rate of $12, with no raises for the decade I worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward performance and experience with better pay.

No ENERGY, NO leadership,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPerks, concert tickets -

ConsManagers are so busy having meetings, no help to the staff, high turnover.

Complete Chaos

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsPerks available...gift cards, event tickets etc.

Cons100% Commission. Limited Flexibility. Unprofessional work environment. Departments are very disconnected which creates hostile work environment. Entirely way to much turnover! No CRM tools available to help manage client lists/prospects. No training programs. Antiquated Systems. Need to streamline processes to help reduce errors.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a training program and invest time in your new hires to reduce turnover.

The company has an incredible array of computer sales tools for their salesforce -- just no good management

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsThis company has an incredible website which offers every sales tool, proposal, creative ideas, marketing plans imaginable. However, they have no human managers that know how to manage or know how to treat their team. They are usually too busy trying to climb up the corporate ladder. Middle to lower management is pathetic. They are more of a social club than a management team.

ConsOnce you become successful, they will take away your accounts in order to give them to those that are not doing well. Clear Channel demands so many salespeople in each territory, and good ones are hard to find. Instead of offering a training base salary, they take accounts away from the rest of their team to feed the newbies. There is no way to get ahead. They also continue to change the compensation rules, making it difficult to do what is right for the client. Instead, you are having to force a new product on the client instead of doing what is the right thing to do for the clients' businesses. These products are called a new cutting edge "initiative", designed to make Clear Channel money.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have gotten too caught up in trying to please Clear Channel and lost your sense of self or dignity, it is time to rethink their game.

Micromanaged

Station Management (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsA steady paycheck. Decent management and good coworkers at the local level.

ConsEvery department is micromanaged from the corporate level. You do not dare to make meaningful decisions at the local level for fear of being reprimanded by corporate. In many cases the people at corporate creating and dictating policy have never so much as set foot in a radio station. The end result is a local staff that sits back and waits to be told what to do, and is content to do nothing in an effort to simply "stay under the radar." There is so much wrong here that one would have to write a book to cover it all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake some effort to know the business you are running. You treat everyone as if they work on an assembly line at a factory. Let the creative people be creative. Realize that one size does not fit all.

Informative experience in the advertising world of radio

Account Executive (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsPositive and engaging company with passionate people and leadership
    Extensive array of tools to create effective and appropriate presentations including present day stats and data
    Cohesive interdepartmental interactions
    Good products, station line-ups and Talent

ConsZero training that is helpful, one is left to figure EVERYTHING out on one's own. All the technology, programs, company info, even HR materials
    Archaic billing and collections systems that confuce and most often infuriate clients
    Non-delivery of inventory or over sell of inventory regularly resulting on constant charge backs
    Micro Management on a 100% commission structure
    Expectatins of home computer, mobile phone, car, gas without any compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the Cons-especially a minimal first week to two weeks orientation of company, technologies, assets to work with and HR-Company process and proceedures

Cool, but very unprofessional

Intern (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsFun place to work, got free concert tickets and to meet celebs, also it was a perk to hear your voice on the radio

ConsVery unprofessional, played favorites, upper management didnt care to get to know you

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your interns and give them chances to advance

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!