Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close (in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing (in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Extremely Corporate, Extremely difficult to get promoted

National Sales Support (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf your looking for low pay and super 9-5 then this job is for you. You didn't have to take your work home with you.

ConsPeople who sucked up and brown nosed to management got promoted. Even with the promotions, the pay is horrible.

The company has an incredible array of computer sales tools for their salesforce -- just no good management

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsThis company has an incredible website which offers every sales tool, proposal, creative ideas, marketing plans imaginable. However, they have no human managers that know how to manage or know how to treat their team. They are usually too busy trying to climb up the corporate ladder. Middle to lower management is pathetic. They are more of a social club than a management team.

ConsOnce you become successful, they will take away your accounts in order to give them to those that are not doing well. Clear Channel demands so many salespeople in each territory, and good ones are hard to find. Instead of offering a training base salary, they take accounts away from the rest of their team to feed the newbies. There is no way to get ahead. They also continue to change the compensation rules, making it difficult to do what is right for the client. Instead, you are having to force a new product on the client instead of doing what is the right thing to do for the clients' businesses. These products are called a new cutting edge "initiative", designed to make Clear Channel money.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have gotten too caught up in trying to please Clear Channel and lost your sense of self or dignity, it is time to rethink their game.

As an intern, it's been a fulfilling experience.

Intern (Current Employee)

ProsEveryone within the company is friendly and interested in teaching me something. I would definitely recommend taking this internship if presented with the opportunity.

ConsOther than the technology at the office I haven't encountered any serious cons. Since I do work online it'd be nice to have a faster computer, but it's not that big of a deal.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Steady paycheck

ProsSteady paycheck, good people. They really try to keep us happy but the pay will stay the same unless you're upper management

ConsNowhere to grow, repetitive job. The pay is as good as the day you got hired, don't count on them giving you a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales people seem to be treated better than others.

Extremely smart, positive employees

Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe fun, vibrant culture that is based upon the culture of others. Really supportive work environment, and creative peoples

ConsNavigating the corporate culture can be tricky at points, due to org's size

Advice to Senior ManagementOffering professional development opportunities more frequently would be a smart investment~

I loved working for Clear Channel

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThey are very forward thinking in their approach to business. I LOVED my senior managers and really enjoyed working with my staff.

ConsThey make frequent employee cuts and put that work on to those that are left. I felt like nobody's position was secure regardless of how well they did their job.

Rewarding

Marketing/Promotions Intern (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsOne-on-one training, flexibility, variety of tasks

ConsWas not compensated as an intern

Work hard and be rewarded. Lots of opportunity to grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJob flexibility and great commission. Cool people.

ConsYou have to pound the pavement or you won't get paid. Pretty simple.

Production Intern

Production Intern (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsYou get to do a lot of cool things and meet a lot of celebrities

ConsSometimes the work can be a little boring as it's the same tasks every day

Advice to Senior ManagementHave better options for hiring on after internship! Part time with no guaranteed hours and at min. wage is crazy.

The most fun you'll have at a corporate job

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

Prosgreat perks - concerts tickets, sporting events, etc. , Radio People are always a blast!

ConsBenefits are horrible, No room to "grow" within the company. People will come and go as they seem to hire anyone with a pulse to "sell" radio.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your younger employees for growth opportunities.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!