Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close (in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing (in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

The most fun you'll have at a corporate job

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

Prosgreat perks - concerts tickets, sporting events, etc. , Radio People are always a blast!

ConsBenefits are horrible, No room to "grow" within the company. People will come and go as they seem to hire anyone with a pulse to "sell" radio.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your younger employees for growth opportunities.

Company is changing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe rank and file are very pleasant to work with. Salary is decent for the area and good bonuses when the company is doing well

ConsLack of communication. Minimal feedback and people come and go without any notification. With the new leadership, the company is losing more experienced staff either because they are leaving or let go.

Micromanaged

Station Management (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsA steady paycheck. Decent management and good coworkers at the local level.

ConsEvery department is micromanaged from the corporate level. You do not dare to make meaningful decisions at the local level for fear of being reprimanded by corporate. In many cases the people at corporate creating and dictating policy have never so much as set foot in a radio station. The end result is a local staff that sits back and waits to be told what to do, and is content to do nothing in an effort to simply "stay under the radar." There is so much wrong here that one would have to write a book to cover it all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake some effort to know the business you are running. You treat everyone as if they work on an assembly line at a factory. Let the creative people be creative. Realize that one size does not fit all.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clear Channel takes advantage of lower level employees and interns.

Morning Show Intern (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIt was a great learning experience.

ConsI could seriously write a novel about the cons, but the biggest one is the absolute disrespect they show employees from entry level to mid-level management. The constant fear of budget cuts and hiring freezes all while trumping record profits. It was maddening.

Not a company to grow with.

Traffic Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLooking from the outside in, it seems like a good company to work with. They seem to be making big moves in the market. Company culture is ok, being in the Radio Industry.

ConsNo raises for 6 years, bad compensation, then after many years of dedicated work they make a number of layoffs and big cuts as they have been for years, this would not be a time to work this type of company.

Unorganized, angry, depressing work environment

Account Executive (Former Employee)

Prostickets to local concerts and sporting events

Consterrible communication between departments
    Zero relevant training
    Clueless management

Advice to Senior Managementwho fires a manager for HR reasons, and then hires him back a year later?

Account Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNumerous opportunities to meet artists and celebrities

ConsHigh turnover
    Slow career growth
    No training or entry-level support

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow your hungry and young talent. Give them opportunities to work on larger projects to keep them from leaving.

Poor Management

ProsFlexible work schedule. Fun coworkers. Great internship program.

ConsNo room for growth, been told I was lucky to still have a job when looking for an increase in compensation. Rather hire out than promote from within.

STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE A 'SEASONED SALES REP'!!!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsLots of helpful information; presentations on their internal website. Perfect for the YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED!

ConsHORRIBLE training. You can't even call it 'training.' MICRO-MANAGEMENT throughout; salary is TERRIBLE and only for 6 months. After that all commissions. IMPOSSIBLE to make a living at CC. Managers all stick together. Not very friendly. A very, very strange place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. CC is NOT the great company you preach it is. Take your heads out of the sand and let 'new' blood bring in new ideas. If you want 'ORDER TAKERS', don't hire SEASONED SALES reps. Same advice ... if you want someone to sit at their desks ALL DAY and go through useless leads, don't hire an OUTSIDE or SEASONED SALES REP!

Great place to work; no two days are alike!

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsGreat resources. Fantastic benefits. Good local leadership.

ConsLack of perks. No on going training other than on-line.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to basics.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!